Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Do you use Android Auto with issues or no issues?

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Tucson and a S21. I was doing a search of why AA kept dropping. This is a new phone and I had no problems with links dropping with my iPhone. I saw some threads that there is a issue with Android Auto itself. I did purchase the two recommended cords to see if that will help. Right now the only way my phone will play through is with the Bluetooth sync. Following this to see if you guys have any tips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No issues with Google Pixel 2, 3, and 4a 5G
Using this cable
I have had the "disconnect/try and reconnect" issue now for approximately the last 4 months. I happens in my 2017 Hyundai Tucson and my wife's 2018 Honda Civic. I cleaned it and the two cables I regularly use with it. including the Samsung charging cable. I bought a new Anker cable. I cleaned and tightened up the port in my Hyundai. I was beginning to think it was my Samsung S10e port. But it charges up just fine with any cable-no problems whatsoever. Then I went to Google Play and looked at the reviews for AA and are there a lot of similar complaints as of late. So I am leaning on the software needing a fix, and from what I'm reading, Google is not acknowledging the issue and keeps sending customers to a FAQ page with boilerplate fixes that do no good. The only fix is either unplugging the phone or unplugging from the dashboard, and it's only a temporary fix--the issue is back shortly afterwards. Very frustrating, as I love to use this when traveling. Guess I may be back to putting my phone on my dash for my next big trip. I know, first-world problems!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my Pali for a week now and I'm an avid Android Auto/Waze/Spotify/Audible user. But I've consistent issues with it disconnecting. And I have a brand new, higher spec, Mophie charger cord. I've been looking at different mount options BECAUSE of this issue. If I have to grab my phone to look at an email or something real quick at a stop light, the slightest movement disconnects it. And sometimes, no movement disconnects it. It's pretty frustrating. Though, I just deal with it because I love the car and AA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it would be pretty weird if you returned a car because of AA disconnecting. I know nothing about your other issues until you just mentioned them and I'm not a mind reader. This thread was about Android Auto disconnecting...and seems like you don't even use that. Apple Carplay is similar but not same.
Naw doggy boy, if you buy a 50k car it should work as described and if it doesn't you return it. Most people want their car to connect to their phone without issue. In the future it will be up to car makers to ensure their cars connect flawlessly with user devices or they will lose business. In fact the only reason I am even looking at Hyundai's is because they were an early adopter of AA but it is clear they took short cuts in the electrical design just like Honda did. There are several people that are experiencing issues when putting increased loads on the usb connection via use of high data and multiple apps running at the same time. But ofcourse by how many times you have responded on the forum with no actual helpful feedback aside from the usb cable you use personally you must be the genius electrical engineer that designed the system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my Pali for a week now and I'm an avid Android Auto/Waze/Spotify/Audible user. But I've consistent issues with it disconnecting. And I have a brand new, higher spec, Mophie charger cord. I've been looking at different mount options BECAUSE of this issue. If I have to grab my phone to look at an email or something real quick at a stop light, the slightest movement disconnects it. And sometimes, no movement disconnects it. It's pretty frustrating. Though, I just deal with it because I love the car and AA.
Same, i am experimenting with different cables because that is the cheapest thing to do but I use Waze and Spotify simultaneously and after a while the connection disrupts. I had fixed it for a while until a long drive to a new jobsite and a pressed back skip for spotify while waze was running on the center console. The gps resets everytime it trys to reconnect and I personally believe it is overloaded wiring. Likely cost cutting in the manufacturing process allowing something to overload because they Hyundai didn't anticipate that amount of data going over the usb cable or through the processing chips on the infotainment system.
Possibly keeping me from purchasing another car from Hyundai because why buy it if it won't work with what you already have.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Sel Premium
77 Posts
I was having the same problem, but I bought these cables and so far zero disconnect...
The original cable I was using was a brand new anker but 6ft long...

SUNGUY USB C Cable [2-Pack], 1FT/0.3M Right Angle USB A to USB C Cable, 90 Degree Type C Charging Cable Nylon Braided Compatible Galaxy S20 S10 S9 S8 Plus, LG G8 G7 V40 V30, G6 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09FDP9...abc_8F1VNW7XJXCWTMCYGEY9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same! Disconnects all the time. We have tried different cables and taken it to the dealer. They had "no problems" with it.
So glad I found a forum for this because it is extremely frustrating. I have the 2021 Sante Fe Ultimate, there is no Bluetooth, must connect with a cable. Personally I think this problem is with the equipment in the car. I have bought new cables and tried everything. The reason I say it’s the car because my Samsung S20 Ultra and cable work fine on my 2021 Chev Tahoe. There should be a recall for this issue. It is creating a safety hazard, people messing with this connection when should be paying attention to driving.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
So glad I found a forum for this because it is extremely frustrating. I have the 2021 Sante Fe Ultimate, there is no Bluetooth, must connect with a cable. Personally I think this problem is with the equipment in the car. I have bought new cables and tried everything. The reason I say it’s the car because my Samsung S20 Ultra and cable work fine on my 2021 Chev Tahoe. There should be a recall for this issue. It is creating a safety hazard, people messing with this connection when should be paying attention to driving.
You most certainly have Bluetooth, which you can use for phone calls, texting or streaming audio. But it’s not used for phone projection, because it doesn’t have enough bandwidth. You need the cable for phone projection, or WiFi on models that support wireless phone projection.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts