Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Do you use Android Auto with issues or no issues?

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Did you try another phone though? Might be your problem.

By the way, please refrain from comments like “Chinese chip” as if somehow that makes it bad. It’s offensive. A lot of components come out of China and we all use plenty of electronic devices that prove that there are plenty of good parts coming from there too. There are plenty of crappy US products as well...
After having worked in China in manufacturing for 5+ years, I understand and can concur with the intended meaning of "Chinese chip" by actual first-hand experience. It's not offensive to anyone but the isolated western progressives. My wife understands what it means and she's Chinese. If anything needs to be refrained from, it's all the virtue signaling.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
After having worked in China in manufacturing for 5+ years, I understand and can concur with the intended meaning of "Chinese chip" by actual first-hand experience. It's not offensive to anyone but the isolated western progressives. My wife understands what it means and she's Chinese. If anything needs to be refrained from, it's all the virtue signaling.
I am not Asian. I work in electronics. I've been to China and several other Asian countries. I also have first-hand experience. A lot of it, actually.

His comment implied that it didn't work because it was Chinese. That's an offensive implication, not to mention incorrect, and I'm not going to apologize for calling him out on it. The fact that you don't find it offensive, and choose to label me in the process, shows that you're the one who has some work to do. Demeaning something or someone because of where he/she/it/they come(s) from is not acceptable and should be denounced as such.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
I am not Asian. I work in electronics. I've been to China and several other Asian countries. I also have first-hand experience. A lot of it, actually.

His comment implied that it didn't work because it was Chinese. That's an offensive implication, not to mention incorrect, and I'm not going to apologize for calling him out on it. The fact that you don't find it offensive, and choose to label me in the process, shows that you're the one who has some work to do. Demeaning something or someone because of where he/she/it/they come(s) from is not acceptable and should be denounced as such.
Which is funny because he is using an iPhone. Isn't it made in China? Not to mention that this is an Android Auto thread and he is complaining about CarPlay and calling it same thing...

If I had to guess, the issue that person is experiencing is probably due to user error 😉

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow! Well this post seems to have strayed quite a bit from my post. Has everyone done the poll? Currently, it still seems the majority of people always have issues with AA disconnecting. If you haven't done the poll, please do. It's only 1 multiple choice question.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
Wow! Well this post seems to have strayed quite a bit from my post. Has everyone done the poll? Currently, it still seems the majority of people always have issues with AA disconnecting. If you haven't done the poll, please do. It's only 1 multiple choice question.
Well it's only 9 votes with 1 being never used. So it's currently 50% have issues and the other 4 not having issues. So, not quite a majority yet.

I would question the phone being used such as model and Android version, cable, Palisade current software and Palisade year and model. Also is the poll referencing a specific Palisade model such as the SE/SEL which have wireless AA with the smaller screen or the larger 10.25 screen where you have to connect a cable. Or is the poll for both versions?

Lots of variables and too many to cover in this forum but regardless, it's a good start.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
Did you get your new cable yet? Please update the result after you try that.

Also what phone do you have and what is the version of Android Auto and Android OS installed on it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you get your new cable yet? Please update the result after you try that.

Also what phone do you have and what is the version of Android Auto and Android OS installed on it?
Just got the cable yesterday evening, so I'll get to use it in the bunch of driving I have to do today. My android os version is 10. AA version is 6.0.615344. I'll report back after a couple days of use.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
How is the new cord working out?
I'm back. Wanted to be really thorough with my test. This new cable DEFINITELY improves performance. Is it perfect, NO, but it works properly 95% percent of the time now. By not-perfect, it has only lost connection twice. With my previous cable it was more like 30-40% of the time. I've driven the van every day now for 4 days for an average of 1.5 hours per day, so this is MUCH MUCH more barable. For anyone else that might be as frustrated as I was, here is the cable I purchased from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07213D35X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
I'm back. Wanted to be really thorough with my test. This new cable DEFINITELY improves performance. Is it perfect, NO, but it works properly 95% percent of the time now. By not-perfect, it has only lost connection twice. With my previous cable it was more like 30-40% of the time. I've driven the van every day now for 4 days for an average of 1.5 hours per day, so this is MUCH MUCH more barable. For anyone else that might be as frustrated as I was, here is the cable I purchased from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07213D35X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the update.
Something else to check is the charging port on the phone itself. Many times it can get dirt trapped inside. Clean it by scraping the inside of it with a needle and compressed air.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Korean cars suck. Is that offensive enough for you? So do the US cars. Going to go with Japanese.
I've got a Korean vehicle (Palisade) and a Japanese vehicle (Honda Passport) in my driveway. Only one of them has been in the shop multiple times for the infotainment not working, dropping phone connections, and all sorts of other electrical gremlins.

It isn't the Palisade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Something weird happened today. Android Auto froze. The touchscreen just with Android Auto stopped working. Other things on the touchscreen worked, but when I went to AA, the touchscreen didn't work. I had to then unplug & replug the usb to get it working. Other than that, I havent had any issues since my last post.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my new 2021 Palisade. I got a black on black SEL with Premium+Convenience Package. One of the things that has been EXTREMELY frustrating & ANNOYING is Android Auto constantly disconnecting. It's especially annoying when I'm using it for Waze navigation, then it disconnects while I'm driving. I have to unplug the USB & plug it back in then click through the touchscreen to start Waze again. There was one time when I missed my exit because by the time I got it back on, I had already passed the exit. Sometimes it works for a few minutes then disconnects, sometimes, just a few seconds. It seems to be a widely reported issue, but it doesn't seem that Hyundai has addressed this themselves. Is there anyone here who uses it 'ALL THE TIME' and never has issues with it disconnecting? I'm wondering if I have just a bad unit or what else I can do. I've watched videos & followed multiple instructions online to solve the issue, but it still persists. The only thing left for me to try is to find an OEM Samsung charging cable, I've tried multiple other cables of different manufacturers at this point. Please HELP!
I doubt it is a cable issue. I have tried every high end data cable (including Anker Powerline Series) and the issue still persists. I suspect an application (seems to happen with Waze the most) is causing the problem but I am not sure on which end the problem lies...Android Auto or the Galaxy phone. I do know this much, the problem occurred on my Galaxy Note 9 and my new S20 with different Powerline cables. I also get the lag issue between video on the phone (You Tube, and streaming app, etc.) and the audio coming through the speakers...either connected with Bluetooth (somewhat predictable) or plugged in to Android Auto. Haven't found a solution for that one either. I know this doesn't help much in solving the problem but it does suggest their is a problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It’s clearly a bandwith issue or a batch of cheap integrated circuits they used that is acting up on certain Palisades. Doesn’t matter CarPlay or AA it’s the same issue. I’m happily returning the car getting my money back and also an employee discount on the next one.
I'd tell you to take a hike and offer you a trade-in minus depreciation, your car lost value the moment you left the lot

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tried every frigging cable on Amazon including Ankers tried multiple Apple original cables one by one. Updated the system version. The mechanic changed the USB port. I think there’s a short in the unit somewhere or it’s just a crappy Chinese chip thats soldered wrong or something. Not sure but I’m not keeping it. Like the previous person stated it really could be dangerous while you’re using the CarPlay GPS and it disconnects at the wrong time you panic somehow to pop back into the lane as you’re speaking on the phone which also disconnects etc. This happened to me and not putting up with. Good riddance.
You are obviously a troll, no real person acts like that

·
Registered
178 Posts
So perhaps to frame this another way, those of you who do have Android Auto working what phone and cable are you using? I have a Oneplus 7T and have tried a cheap 12" cable, 3' Anker Powerline cable and the OEM Oneplus cable without success. I also dug out an ancient Motorola XT1097 and it shows the same behavior - can't stay connected for more than a few minutes. I'm willing to buy whatever phone and cable people are having success with to get AA working, but maybe those of you that have had success can give some guidance to those of us still struggling to get AA working. I'd even consider getting an iphone to use in the car if Carplay works reliably, but from the comments here there also seems to be issues with Carplay.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts