Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

Do you use Android Auto with issues or no issues?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new 2021 Palisade. I got a black on black SEL with Premium+Convenience Package. One of the things that has been EXTREMELY frustrating & ANNOYING is Android Auto constantly disconnecting. It's especially annoying when I'm using it for Waze navigation, then it disconnects while I'm driving. I have to unplug the USB & plug it back in then click through the touchscreen to start Waze again. There was one time when I missed my exit because by the time I got it back on, I had already passed the exit. Sometimes it works for a few minutes then disconnects, sometimes, just a few seconds. It seems to be a widely reported issue, but it doesn't seem that Hyundai has addressed this themselves. Is there anyone here who uses it 'ALL THE TIME' and never has issues with it disconnecting? I'm wondering if I have just a bad unit or what else I can do. I've watched videos & followed multiple instructions online to solve the issue, but it still persists. The only thing left for me to try is to find an OEM Samsung charging cable, I've tried multiple other cables of different manufacturers at this point. Please HELP!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I love my new 2021 Palisade. I got a black on black SEL with Premium+Convenience Package. One of the things that has been EXTREMELY frustrating & ANNOYING is Android Auto constantly disconnecting. It's especially annoying when I'm using it for Waze navigation, then it disconnects while I'm driving. I have to unplug the USB & plug it back in then click through the touchscreen to start Waze again. There was one time when I missed my exit because by the time I got it back on, I had already passed the exit. Sometimes it works for a few minutes then disconnects, sometimes, just a few seconds. It seems to be a widely reported issue, but it doesn't seem that Hyundai has addressed this themselves. Is there anyone here who uses it 'ALL THE TIME' and never has issues with it disconnecting? I'm wondering if I have just a bad unit or what else I can do. I've watched videos & followed multiple instructions online to solve the issue, but it still persists. The only thing left for me to try is to find an OEM Samsung charging cable, I've tried multiple other cables of different manufacturers at this point. Please HELP!
Android and CarPlay are VERY picky about cables. Keep trying different ones. Going the Samsung route is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same! Disconnects all the time. We have tried different cables and taken it to the dealer. They had "no problems" with it.
Same here. I called my dealer and they said, no one has ever complained about such an issue. Seems hard to believe with as much as I've seen this issue posted online. There's even YouTube videos about it.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
What type of cable are you using?
Try Anker USB cables from Amazon.

The connection depends on:
-Cable
-Phone and it's settings
-Headunit

First troubleshoot what's in your control. Cable and phone. Check to see if there are system updates for your phone. Check for Android Auto update on the phone. Try reinstalling Android Auto on the phone.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type of cable are you using?
Try Anker USB cables from Amazon.

The connection depends on:
-Cable
-Phone and it's settings
-Headunit

First troubleshoot what's in your control. Cable and phone. Check to see if there are system updates for your phone. Check for Android Auto update on the phone. Try reinstalling Android Auto on the phone.
Everything is updated. Did the uninstall then reinstall multiple times already. Checked that everything is updated. Just ordered a USB 3.1 A to C Anker Cable to arrive Friday. Will report if this fixes the issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing software related works 100% of the time. Even our phones have issues. I use mine a lot and haven't really had issues to the point I feel defective, but this would depend on a variety of things...
We all know technology can be funny. The issue is with how frequent & unstable it is the connection is. I doubt Hyundai would be ok with it cutting out as frequently as it does and so many people reporting the issue. I found 2 other posts on this forum about the same issue as well.

·
Registered
262 Posts
We all know technology can be funny. The issue is with how frequent & unstable it is the connection is. I doubt Hyundai would be ok with it cutting out as frequently as it does and so many people reporting the issue. I found 2 other posts on this forum about the same issue as well.
But they've sold 85k vehicles in the US alone. It may be a phone or cable issue. But... Tough to tell...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here. Tried all kinds of cables including Apple etc. They changed the USB port but it’s still same. Returning the car next week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had this issue until I purchased the choetech USB cable from Amazon. Amazon.com: CHOETECH USB Type C Cable, 2-Pack (3.3ft & 6.6ft) USB C to USB A 2.0 Fast Charging &Data Sync Cable Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S9 S8 S9 Plus, Nintendo Switch,LG G5 G6 V20 V30,HTC 10 U11

Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
Same here. Tried all kinds of cables including Apple etc. They changed the USB port but it’s still same. Returning the car next week.
Returning the car? 🤣
That's kind of drastic considering its most likely not a car issue. I have experienced AA connection issues in a Ford and Nissan as well. It all came down to cable or phone or both. Not the car.

For the car just make sure your headunit is updated.
There's nothing else that can really be wrong on that end. If it was an issue with the car then everyone using AA would experience this.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Returning the car? 🤣
That's kind of drastic considering its most likely not a car issue. I have experienced AA connection issues in a Ford and Nissan as well. It all came down to cable or phone or both. Not the car.

For the car just make sure your headunit is updated.
There's nothing else that can really be wrong on that end. If it was an issue with the car then everyone using AA would experience this.
The car also had other problems. The service tried to fix the Apple CarPlay issue and from my research it has been happening to quite a bit of people. Probably a bad chip on the board or something. And yea if I’m paying 50K I want everything to work. Is that so weird.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
The car also had other problems. The service tried to fix the Apple CarPlay issue and from my research it has been happening to quite a bit of people. Probably a bad chip on the board or something. And yea if I’m paying 50K I want everything to work. Is that so weird.
Yes, it would be pretty weird if you returned a car because of AA disconnecting. I know nothing about your other issues until you just mentioned them and I'm not a mind reader. This thread was about Android Auto disconnecting...and seems like you don't even use that. Apple Carplay is similar but not same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, it would be pretty weird if you returned a car because of AA disconnecting. I know nothing about your other issues until you just mentioned them and I'm not a mind reader. This thread was about Android Auto disconnecting...and seems like you don't even use that. Apple Carplay is similar but not same.
It’s clearly a bandwith issue or a batch of cheap integrated circuits they used that is acting up on certain Palisades. Doesn’t matter CarPlay or AA it’s the same issue. I’m happily returning the car getting my money back and also an employee discount on the next one.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
723 Posts
Have you truly used high-speed cables? The cheap knockoffs will cause these issues and constant disconnections.

I have zero issues with my AA and 2021 Calligraphy. Cables fail and have to be replaced and not all are created equal so I would at least ensure you have started with a high end, new cable. Now if you have, then I apologize but I didn't see you state that so just stating what's probably obvious.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
361 Posts
It’s clearly a bandwith issue or a batch of cheap integrated circuits they used that is acting up on certain Palisades. Doesn’t matter CarPlay or AA it’s the same issue. I’m happily returning the car getting my money back and also an employee discount on the next one.
It's not even remotely clear and the issue described here maybe nowhere remotely similar to yours. Just because the concept is same doesn't mean Android and Apple is. Good luck with your new car. Better test your Apple with it before you buy...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have you truly used high-speed cables? The cheap knockoffs will cause these issues and constant disconnections.

I have zero issues with my AA and 2021 Calligraphy. Cables fail and have to be replaced and not all are created equal so I would at least ensure you have started with a high end, new cable. Now if you have, then I apologize but I didn't see you state that so just stating what's probably obvious.
Tried every frigging cable on Amazon including Ankers tried multiple Apple original cables one by one. Updated the system version. The mechanic changed the USB port. I think there’s a short in the unit somewhere or it’s just a crappy Chinese chip thats soldered wrong or something. Not sure but I’m not keeping it. Like the previous person stated it really could be dangerous while you’re using the CarPlay GPS and it disconnects at the wrong time you panic somehow to pop back into the lane as you’re speaking on the phone which also disconnects etc. This happened to me and not putting up with. Good riddance.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Tried every frigging cable on Amazon including Ankers tried multiple Apple original cables one by one. Updated the system version. The mechanic changed the USB port. I think there’s a short in the unit somewhere or it’s just a crappy Chinese chip thats soldered wrong or something. Not sure but I’m not keeping it. Like the previous person stated it really could be dangerous while you’re using the CarPlay GPS and it disconnects at the wrong time you panic somehow to pop back into the lane as you’re speaking on the phone which also disconnects etc. This happened to me and not putting up with. Good riddance.
Did you try another phone though? Might be your problem.

By the way, please refrain from comments like “Chinese chip” as if somehow that makes it bad. It’s offensive. A lot of components come out of China and we all use plenty of electronic devices that prove that there are plenty of good parts coming from there too. There are plenty of crappy US products as well...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you try another phone though? Might be your problem.

By the way, please refrain from comments like “Chinese chip” as if somehow that makes it bad. It’s offensive. A lot of components come out of China and we all use plenty of electronic devices that prove that there are plenty of good parts coming from there too. There are plenty of crappy US products as well...
I did try another phone and so did the dealership. Korean cars suck. Is that offensive enough for you? So do the US cars. Going to go with Japanese.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts