Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the things I was very excited about with purchasing the Limited trim was the ambient lighting. I had been planning on getting the dark interior (4 kids) but it’s looking like only available Limiteds anytime soon in my area are light /beige interior. Will the ambient lighting still “pop” or be as visible with the light interior? Sorry if stupid question, I just can’t picture it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Speaking strictly from a physics perspective, the lighter the surroundings, the more the ambient light will be reflected, therefore the brighter the lighting effect will be. I’m one of the December 7th hopefuls here, but one of my concerns has been that my black interior would absorb the light, and it would look dim.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking strictly from a physics perspective, the lighter the surroundings, the more the ambient light will be reflected, therefore the brighter the lighting effect will be. I’m one of the December 7th hopefuls here, but one of my concerns has been that my black interior would absorb the light, and it would look dim.
I do see what you are saying but I’ve seen the lighting in dark intieriors and it’s great. It is very soft just as ambient lighting is meant to be. I’m worried that reflecting light will just be annoying.
The nice thing about the palisade having the color wheel option, both of us should be able to find a color that works for us. I did finally find a vid of ambient on a light interior and in full darkness it looked good, I’m just not sure it will be visible with doors open, which is when i think it’s most useful, getting in and out of the car.
Fingers crossed on actually getting a hold of one. My 2003 Honda Pilot has 217,000 miles on it and needs new brake pads (not its fault it’s old) but I really don’t want to have to do that if I’m getting a new car so I’m hopeful for Dec 7as well.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The ambient lighting is very subtle. Even at night. It’s almost not noticeable in my opinion. I would actually have preferred a little more light.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ambient lighting is very subtle. Even at night. It’s almost not noticeable in my opinion. I would actually have preferred a little more light.
May I ask which interior you have? Also I’ve read that the brightness can be adjusted. is it still not noticeable at the brightest setting?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
May I ask which interior you have? Also I’ve read that the brightness can be adjusted. is it still not noticeable at the brightest setting?
We have the beige interior (Limited trim). Not that it should matter at night. Not sure about the brightness, or even if there’s such a setting. I’ll have to check.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the US version of the beige/brown Limited interior and was playing with the ambient door light strips. I don't like to have too much light inside the vehicle when it's night so I turned down my light strips. Unfortunately, they are not at all visible during the day. However, I suspect that's also highlighted by the fact that I live in Texas and this is the place to be for a good sunburn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts