Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the under dash and floor area mood lighting to work, mine only works on the strip by the door arm rest

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ambient lighting on the 4 doors and sides of center console. Nothing along the dash like there is in the Telluride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was curious because I am only getting the door lights not the lighting by the sides of the center console

·
Registered
24 Posts
Something's not right then. Go back to the dealership and let them figure it out.

Reactions: Akia

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've seen the center console ambient lighting illuminate, but only when the door is open. I'll check again tonight, but it seems like the center lighting shuts off once the door is closed, but the door lighting stays on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks , sounds like what I need to do
I've seen the center console ambient lighting illuminate, but only when the door is open. I'll check again tonight, but it seems like the center lighting shuts off once the door is closed, but the door lighting stays on.
Thank You, I will keep checking it, I asked my selling agent to see if he can look into it for me not sure of the way it supposed to be

·
Registered
5 Posts
never looked down while driving to see if it goes off on the center console,but i believe it stays on with the doors.i would like to have foot well and second row seat lighting and add the door cargo light.

·
Registered
2021 Caligraphy Palisade AWD - White ext / Brown int
98 Posts
First time driving the Calligraphy at night and noticed an issue, similar to others.

In my 2021 Calligraphy. When I first start the car at night I notice for about 10 seconds ambient light on the doors, no lighting on any door, steering wheel or "hard buttons" just below the main infotainment screen. I have set the Ambient Color lighting to "off" the back to "10". I have changed all sorts of color options in the Ambient Color palette and no difference. The center console ambient lighting illuminates.

Any ideas on a setting I need to enable or disable? Or will I need to call the salesmen dealer for a repair?

20210110_202638.jpg 20210110_202717.jpg 20210110_202729.jpg 20210110_202734.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
179 Posts
First time driving the Calligraphy at night and noticed an issue, similar to others.

In my 2021 Calligraphy. When I first start the car at night I notice for about 10 seconds ambient light on the doors, no lighting on any door, steering wheel or "hard buttons" just below the main infotainment screen. I have set the Ambient Color lighting to "off" the back to "10". I have changed all sorts of color options in the Ambient Color palette and no difference. The center console ambient lighting illuminates.

Any ideas on a setting I need to enable or disable? Or will I need to call the salesmen dealer for a repair?

View attachment 2922 View attachment 2923 View attachment 2924 View attachment 2925
I’m trying to figure out what’s going on in these pictures, but it looks like your interior lights aren’t on at all. All that’s on are lights that are normally illuminated during the day.

Are your exterior lights on? Is your car confused and thinks it’s daytime?

·
Registered
309 Posts

View attachment 2922 View attachment 2923 View attachment 2924 View attachment 2925
The Ambient lighting setting that you mentioned above controls the interior led lights (doors and center console sides). The instrument and button lights are controlled by the switch that’s on the lower dash between the door and steering wheel (there are few buttons where you can release electronic brake etc). Might want to verify/adjust that setting.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks JRPalisade and bruesjoh04. I will check this today and hope that solves it. I will report back at dusk.

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
You have the ambient lighting turned off. The lights you are seeing are the dash illumination.
That is controlled on the left side of dash not the navigation screen or display settings.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Update:
Ambient lighting is on (set at max brightness of 10), fiddled of rocker style switch to the left of the steering wheel (that has nothing to do with Ambient lighting as stated in these posts), even upgraded to the newest fw 14.10 (its really fro MapNSoft....but still tried. No love.

Called the salesman, he had no further suggestions beyond what was already stated. I will be making an appointment to bring the vehicle back to the dealership as something is not working as intended.

I appreciate all the tips!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever get issue resolved. My new calligraphy is at dealership since thurs for ambient lights not working on delivery.

I saw they pulled my center console off and said they ordered a new wiring harness. Should be in Monday. I hope it fixes it.

-Jaime

1 - 15 of 15 Posts