Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Engines and a number of parts are made here in the US, assembly is in korea
I'm pretty sure the Lambda engine is no longer made in the US and hasn't been for several years now. It started in Hyundai's Alabama plant, but was moved years ago to the best of my knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
The 3.8 L Atkinson cycle Lambda engine used in the KIA telluride and Hyundai Palisade are made here in the US
all other Lambda engines are made in Korea.
According to Hyundai It is manufactured at Hyundai's HMMA plant in Montgomery, Alabama, United States still.

·
Registered
952 Posts
The 3.8 L Atkinson cycle Lambda engine used in the KIA telluride and Hyundai Palisade are made here in the US
all other Lambda engines are made in Korea.
According to Hyundai It is manufactured at Hyundai's HMMA plant in Montgomery, Alabama, United States still.
Can you provide a source for that info? If you look at the window sticker for any Palisade, the US/Canadian parts content is 2%. That doesn't jive with an engine being built in the US.

Oh and it clearly says on the window sticker: engine country of origin is Korea. Here's the relevant part of my window sticker (don't want to show the whole thing, which has the VIN):

·
Registered
952 Posts
They make 600,000 lambda engines a year at the Montgomery plant

. The same engine is made in US for the KIA telluride.
Note your total parts content only adds up to 94% on the list
1. The Wikipedia link has outdated info. The lambda engine WAS made in the USA. It no longer is.
2. If you read the link you shared, you'd see the article about the 5th million engine, you'd read it, and you'd see that it states that the plant started with the lambda engine in 2005, then you'd see further down the article that the list of engines they make no longer includes the lambda one.
3. The parts add up to 94% because they don't have to list the other countries. You'll note however that the US is listed. At 2%. It'd be higher if the engine came from the USA.
4. I showed you the window sticker. It clearly lists the country of origin at the bottom for engine and transmission. It says Korea. Go look at any Palisade window sticker on any dealer's website. You'll see.

You're literally denying the obvious at this point.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thanks for pointing out the window sticker! Says a lot.
It really does. Everyone should look at the window sticker before buying. I had forgotten that it showed the country of origin until I went to look at it for the part content %. This helped answer the point of contention in this thread. I had read somewhere that the AL plant had stopped producing the lambda engine in 2011, but it is hard to find an exact confirmation of that - it can be inferred from other articles. The window sticker confirmed it.
Sorry I just don't know it all, but that's the way we learn
Nobody's saying you should. I didn't know the answer when I first asked you in this thread. I only remembered the window sticker later, which helped answer the question.

·
Super Moderator
943 Posts
Eric I'm not saying the palisade isn't made in korea.
Have you seen the new plant in Alabama, they opened a new head production building
It only makes 4 cylinder heads for 2 engines. And will now increase engine production from 600,000 units to 650,000.
Don't know where they list these as being made on window stickers but plant is still making some engines as I have a nephew who works there for over 10 years now. Not at new cylinder head building of course. That only opened in May 2019

·
Registered
952 Posts
Eric I'm not saying the palisade isn't made in korea.
Have you seen the new plant in Alabama, they opened a new head production building
It only makes 4 cylinder heads for 2 engines. And will now increase engine production from 600,000 units to 650,000.
Don't know where they list these as being made on window stickers but plant is still making some engines as I have a nephew who works there for over 10 years now. Not at new cylinder head building of course. That only opened in May 2019
Argh... I know you didn't say the Palisade isn't made in Korea. We're talking about the engine. And did you see the picture I attached to this thread? It's from my window sticker and clearly lists the engine as being made in Korea.

I know the Alabama plant makes engines. I never said they didn't. Just not the Lambda engine. They used to make it (that's the first engine that plant built). But no longer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wonder if Hyundai would ever move some of the Palisade production to the US like Kia does with the Telluride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts