Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hi to the forum members. Will be picking up my AWD Ultimate early next week and then immediately using it for a 5 day vacation. I'll report back with impressions, pros/cons when I get back. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just returned from a 1500km 5 day trip. Here's my brief pro's/con's:
Pro: very comfortable vehicle for long trips, seats are great, ventilated seats work WAY better than the Santa Fe's
Engine power appears to be on par with the Santa Fe 4 cyl. turbo
LOTS of storage with the 3rd row down.
Very quiet cabin, excellent stereo system
All the camera's are a nice upgrade from the Santa Fe
HUD is great option to have
Con's: a bit difficult to navigate around all the display options, info pages, etc. I'm sure this will get easier with time.
The forward parking warning seems to be hit/miss
Premium front floor mats aren't nearly as thick as the ones for the Santa Fe and a PITA to remove for cleaning
Rear under storage area isn't as large as the Santa Fe
Overall, very happy with the Ultimate so far. As far as gas mileage, I averaged about 9L/100km's but don't rely on that as the engine is just barely broken in and I was upshifting/downshifting. putting it to the floor lots to try get the engine used to the full spectrum of RPM's. I confident gas mileage will get better over time. Certainly got lots of positive comments from the general public.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bet if Hyundai went with a smaller displacement engine the Palisade wouldn't be the great road trip vehicle it is. Our V6's is on the bigger end which brings a certain level of luxurious character via increased torque on the low-mid range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts