Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, the official recall paperwork was filed with NHTSA.

1. The issue is sharp bolts that can interfere with and damage the side-curtain airbags during deployment.
2. If your car was built after August 12, 2019, you are not affected.
3. Hyundai plans to notify owners in January. Your dealer may be able to get you in sooner
4. Hyundai's recall VIN checker still doesn't recognize my VIN as being affected, but I know it is. It takes time I guess.

PDF of the recall document: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V802-4806.PDF
PDF of NHTSA's letter to Hyundai: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCAK-19V802-9266.pdf

·
Registered
147 Posts
For folks who has already done the airbag recall repair/whatever, how long does it take, something that can be done same day? If it cannot be done same day, do they offer loaners?

For both personal and work-related reasons, I can't afford even a single day without a car, this thing is my 2nd home lol...

·
Registered
69 Posts
For folks who has already done the airbag recall repair/whatever, how long does it take, something that can be done same day? If it cannot be done same day, do they offer loaners?

For both personal and work-related reasons, I can't afford even a single day without a car, this thing is my 2nd home lol...
They did not have the part in stock, but once they got it they turned mine around same day.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Finally, the official recall paperwork was filed with NHTSA.

1. The issue is sharp bolts that can interfere with and damage the side-curtain airbags during deployment.
2. If your car was built after August 12, 2019, you are not affected.
3. Hyundai plans to notify owners in January. Your dealer may be able to get you in sooner
4. Hyundai's recall VIN checker still doesn't recognize my VIN as being affected, but I know it is. It takes time I guess.

PDF of the recall document: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCLRPT-19V802-4806.PDF
PDF of NHTSA's letter to Hyundai: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2019/RCAK-19V802-9266.pdf
My vehicle is affected and the recall info states that the Campaign Date is 11/22/2019, so your VIN may now be listed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You 2nd bullet says that cars built after August 12 are not affected, but the recall document says the problem was corrected on July 2? Just trying to figure out if i'm included.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You 2nd bullet says that cars built after August 12 are not affected, but the recall document says the problem was corrected on July 2? Just trying to figure out if i'm included.
Well, if you read the doc, it actually says August 12 on the first page. Why it says July 2 on the second page, I don't know. My manufacturing date is July 2 and Hyundai's website insists on telling me that my VIN doesn't have a recall. Maybe the August 12 date is a typo. Who knows?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are the instructions on how to perform the airbag recall. I don't believe those were posted yet.

Oh, and Hyundai's website still insists that my Palisade doesn't have a recall on it, despite being in the affected range. Go figure.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Thanks... Where do you find all these:) I get no hits either for my VIN either and my car was manufactured date was 7/15/20 though I did not buy it until November 2. On Hyundai web site is supposedly also includes completed work. I always check both Hyundai and Nhtsa site: I wonder if some things were worked on prior to distribution at port facilities or dealers?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Typically, I wait for NHTSA to post all these docs. However, they’re now over a month behind and I got tired of waiting, so I paid for a week worth of access to Hyundai Tech. Anyone can.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts