Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends

I have been driving hyundai palisade luxury model (Canada), since 4 months now. Just couple of months back I observed that when I start my car, the air bag indicator light comes on and stays for very long duration- 10 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins and today it stayed on till 20 mins!
Also, the front passenger airbag indicator on right side of the infotainment system remains lit with a cross (X) indicating that front passenger side air bag is deactivated.
I drive the car alone.
Is this normal?
anyone else experiencing these things?
Please provide your valuable feedback.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to dealership yesterday and they did check the car using the scanner and found an old error in some front sensor which they reset. They have told me toko itor it for few days and if problem comes back, I will have to go to dealership again to get the thorough inspection done for which they might keep the car for a or so

My question is for all those driving palisade, how long does it take on your car for this airbag indicator light to go off after you start your car ???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m assuming you already performed the recall?
I am located at Canada sir. Here I dont see any recall pending on my car. But no job ever done on my car regarding airbags. Except for reset of some air bag code on my car.

Is that airbag recall for cars sold on usa only.?

Canadian Hyundai recall website also shows nothing pending against my car.
It's kind off weird behaviour car is showing . Sometimes the light goes off in few seconds and sometimes it takes 5-6 minutes. The duration has reduced after the technician reset the air bag code, but it's still 5 minor so.
Is that normal ?

·
Banned
673 Posts
Actually I’m not sure about the Canadian models. I thought they were all built in Ulsan, South Korea and would be subject to the same recall. But I honestly don’t know

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
The same recall exists in Canada. But only cars manufactured before July 2019 were subject to it anyway. So it's perfectly normal if yours isn't. Also, this changed the bolt type so that it wouldn't tear the side curtain airbag if it deployed. That has nothing to do with your problem anyway.

Canada recall for this issue: Recall Details

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The same recall exists in Canada. But only cars manufactured before July 2019 were subject to it anyway. So it's perfectly normal if yours isn't. Also, this changed the bolt type so that it wouldn't tear the side curtain airbag if it deployed. That has nothing to do with your problem anyway.

Canada recall for this issue: Recall Details
Mine is exactly july made so may be the issue I am having is different to the one mentioned in the recall notice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Friends

I finally got my car checked. It was faulty driver side front impact sensor as per code received during diagnosis. It was B1329 error code. They swapped this sensor with the one at passenger side and error code shifted to passenger side.
They ordered for a new sensor and it will be replaced free of cost.

Thanks for the inputs provided by the forum members.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts