Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

221 - 240 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm not sure if I missed it or not..... Where did you put the foam? And what foam?

Thanks!!!
Yes, it is ugly, and you have to remember to pull it out if you open the window, however, it DOES work until a permanent fix is found.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought this stuff and cut it to size to fit under the floor mats and front seat. I also put it in the 3rd row for rear wheel road now under the floor mat. The fam all thinks it helped with the road noise we would hear.

Great idea! After you installed it, is it visible? Do the floor mats do a good job hiding it, or does the thickness show? Do you use weather mats (Weathertech, Maxliner, Smartliner, Tuxmat, etc)?

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I never had whistling from my passenger door. I took my Palisade in to dealer because my rear passenger door would not close all the way without a lot of force. They determine the rear door needed a little realigning. The rear door closes like a charm now. However, since then, I have whistling from the front passenger door area whenever I drive above 40mph.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I took my Palisade Limited back into the dealership Friday to get a part on the rear seats replaced, as I had a very annoying squeak that happened almost all the time while driving. I haven't heard the squeak yet so hopefully they fixed it....

I did mention again about the wind noise, and they said they could take a look at it again. But he did say they were basically waiting until Hyundai gave them something else to try for a permanent fix. At the last appointment they adjusted the door apparently. The service guy said they take the inside of the door off and adjust something, because the air gets in there and it makes a wind tunnel or something and that's where the noise comes from. Has anyone else heard of this???!!!! I will say the first time they fixed it, it got better. Then on Friday, they made the wind noise WORSE !!!! So now they've tried to fix it twice, and actually taken it back to square 1.

So apparently I need to just deal with it and hopefully Hyundai comes out with a fix????!!!!! I'm just so frustrated about it. I know it's not the end of the world, but it just stinks that we have nice new cars and there is something wrong with them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I took my Palisade Limited back into the dealership Friday to get a part on the rear seats replaced, as I had a very annoying squeak that happened almost all the time while driving. I haven't heard the squeak yet so hopefully they fixed it....

I did mention again about the wind noise, and they said they could take a look at it again. But he did say they were basically waiting until Hyundai gave them something else to try for a permanent fix. At the last appointment they adjusted the door apparently. The service guy said they take the inside of the door off and adjust something, because the air gets in there and it makes a wind tunnel or something and that's where the noise comes from. Has anyone else heard of this???!!!! I will say the first time they fixed it, it got better. Then on Friday, they made the wind noise WORSE !!!! So now they've tried to fix it twice, and actually taken it back to square 1.

So apparently I need to just deal with it and hopefully Hyundai comes out with a fix????!!!!! I'm just so frustrated about it. I know it's not the end of the world, but it just stinks that we have nice new cars and there is something wrong with them.
What was your build date?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great idea! After you installed it, is it visible? Do the floor mats do a good job hiding it, or does the thickness show? Do you use weather mats (Weathertech, Maxliner, Smartliner, Tuxmat, etc)?
Sorry, missed this question. I can only see the foam if I look for it under the front seats. I have Tuxmats that are clipped so nothing moves and you can't see it. I don't think the padding is noticable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm. I would have hoped since it is a known issue it would have been fixed at the factory, or port before delivery. Makes me hesitant to purchase
I just purchased yesterday, build date Dec. 12, 2019, and I had the whistling noise today. Only when driving with the wind, or perpendicular to it with the wind blowing from the passenger side of the car, blowing around 15-20 mph. In that crosswind situation I noticed the noise around 40 mph up through 70 mph. Wasn't terrible, but definitely shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just purchased yesterday, build date Dec. 12, 2019, and I had the whistling noise today. Only when driving with the wind, or perpendicular to it with the wind blowing from the passenger side of the car, blowing around 15-20 mph. In that crosswind situation I noticed the noise around 40 mph up through 70 mph. Wasn't terrible, but definitely shouldn't be there.
I don't have the whistling noise, but we have about 15 mph wind today, and it sounds like it's 50mph wind when driving in the Palisade. I honestly have no idea what we all are going to do. I don't see how Hyundai is going to develop a fix for this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just happened to get a call from my dealership service department this afternoon to inquire how everything was with my new Palisade. I mentioned the noise, got an appointment scheduled right away , and within an hour of arriving at the dealership they had the window noise fixed. The service guy mentioned they had done several of them, apparently it is very common with the Palisades. Drove it home, and didn't hear the noise in the same conditions. Glad it was fixed, really like the Palisade and that noise made me wonder if I made the right choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just happened to get a call from my dealership service department this afternoon to inquire how everything was with my new Palisade. I mentioned the noise, got an appointment scheduled right away , and within an hour of arriving at the dealership they had the window noise fixed. The service guy mentioned they had done several of them, apparently it is very common with the Palisades. Drove it home, and didn't hear the noise in the same conditions. Glad it was fixed, really like the Palisade and that noise made me wonder if I made the right choice.
What did they do to fix? Can you upload image of the service invoice which would say what they did?

·
Registered
474 Posts
On another forum, someone posted that Hyundai's new fix for this issue is to make the gap between interior door mold and window 15/32nd. Let's see how many other people start getting this new fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On another forum, someone posted that Hyundai's new fix for this issue is to make the gap between interior door mold and window 15/32nd. Let's see how many other people start getting this new fix.
Yes, and they’re beating on it with a rubber hammer to make the gap. Isn’t modern technology great! 🤣

221 - 240 of 253 Posts