Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

201 - 220 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I took my Palisade in on Thursday and was not expecting them to really fix anything. They said their first option was to adjust the whole door a little bit before ordering the parts on the TSB for around the windows. They also checked the parts on my car it says to replace on the TSB, and they said mine looked fine as well.

I will say my wife and I both believe there is NO wind noise now!! I am shocked to say that it seems to be fixed. So they somehow either tilted, or adjusted the 2 front doors and it has fixed the issue.

Now if I can get my back seats to stop squeaking while driving I will be happy with the vehicle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you please share your experience with squeaking seats? What is it like? Did you complain to Hyundai and/or dealer about it? Squeaks are bad because your complaint will fall on deaf ears due to a) dealers "can never reproduce them"; b) squeaks are not a risk to anything according to dealers. I had a Toyota dealer once tell me that rattling back seats are absolutely normal because the $55K vehicle was actually moving on the road.
Now if I can get my back seats to stop squeaking while driving I will be happy with the vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you please share your experience with squeaking seats? What is it like? Did you complain to Hyundai and/or dealer about it? Squeaks are bad because your complaint will fall on deaf ears due to a) dealers "can never reproduce them"; b) squeaks are not a risk to anything according to dealers. I had a Toyota dealer once tell me that rattling back seats are absolutely normal because the $55K vehicle was actually moving on the road.
The seat squeak is almost constant except when on a super smooth road. The dealership said they narrowed it down to the 3rd row seat, so they ordered a replacement for the bottom of the seats apparently. I don't know when the parts will be in. I will keep posting updates. I can promise you this though..... Under no circumstances will I keep this vehicle if they can't figure out the seat squeak. I can barely drive the car right now because it's all I can hear, even when I know they are potentially fixing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I took my palisade to the dealer and they replaced the parts per TSB. The problem still persists. It’s not as loud as it was before but the situation is still there. I read on the forum somewhere there it could be a vent issue. I wish I can find the person who posted about it. But my issue was resolved when I had the recirculating air on. I’m glad I got that figured out but now I have another set of questions and problems to ponder on. If you guys have any idea on why having the recirculating air vent on can dampen the noise please comment down below!

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
My Palisade limited was manufactured on Nov.11 2019, and so far I haven't had any of the problems listed on the forum. Knock on wood, hope it stays that way. My Palisade was at the port in California for 6 weeks. I found out thru dealer they did the TSB's up to date.
Now production is suspended temporarily because of the coronavirus. Lets hope after it resumes all the problems have been ironed out.
No the coronavirus isn't caused by Corona beer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took my Palisade into dealer today to have them look at the wind noise issue. I asked the service tech if they have had other people with this issue. He said no. I told him there is a TSB out. He did not know that. A few hours later, got a call and they had a "master tech" test drive my car. Said he was able to verify the noise. Dealer is ordering new window runners for driver and passenger side doors. I asked my tech guy when I picked up the car if the master tech referred to the TSB to "solve" the problem. He said no, that master tech was able to figure out on his own. The paperwork says the issue is a "small tear in driver window runner." I doubt this is the problem, but let's hope it is. Will probably be 2 weeks before part arrives.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So i had gone to the service center to report the service center back in Jan 1st week, they acknowledged the issue and ordered a part which was already back ordered. Called them yesterday and they have still not received the part and the service person said they are not sure if Hyundai is going to ship that exact part or they might find another fix/tsb and no timeline as well! So the wait continues..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well, I go in on Monday to have the window run assemblies replaced on both front windows for the wind noise, I'll post on how it goes...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had parts replaced on my palisade ultimate here in canada and noise reduced little bit
I called again after 2 weeks and they said come again they have 3rd party techincian coming in to fix it which i didnt really understand and they mentioned its hyundai canada recommended

i still dont understand what they mean but i am going in next week wednesday andwill let you know what they were trying to say

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just had my "runs" replaced yesterday, and it may have helped a little bit, but the noise is still there. So, I'm back to the backer foam in the window gap to silence it...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just had my "runs" replaced yesterday, and it may have helped a little bit, but the noise is still there. So, I'm back to the backer foam in the window gap to silence it...
Does the foam help with the road noise??? The car itself it just not a quiet ride.

201 - 220 of 253 Posts