Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

181 - 200 of 253 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Just received my white/beige Limited AWD Palisade manufactured on Nov.11,2019. It was held up in port for TSB's for over a month.
No wind noise other than usual noise you would hear.
Blind spot works good so far
No vibrations
Everything seems good at this point
Congrats. It's about time you get yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just got my limited back yesterday, drove in a 40mph cross wind today and no air roaring noise coming either side. They replaced one gasket, pinched both doors in at the bottom of the glass on both doors to tighten the seals!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is a great discussion topic, I learned alot.

I picked up my Limited last week and immediately noticed the wind noise and I noticed there were “Back Pressure” issues as well giving me a headache. I traded in a 2016 BMW X5 and NEVER experienced anything like that. I assumed that it was just lower quality production, but now that I know a TSB is out there, I am bringing it in Tuesday. I will update this forum with their feedback.

Just as a side note, I thought it was odd that our three “test drives” were routed strangely to avoid the highway for “insurance purposes” per the salesman...in retrospect knowing this info, I will always chart my routes on my future car test drives to include extensive test drives. These cars are getting too expensive to miss things like this.

knowing this is a first year car, I am packing my patience on these issues, hyundai will figure them out I am hoping.

UPDATE 1/20/20: I called Hyundai service and they knew ALL about this issue and he said they deal with this daily. I offered the TSB 19-BD-010H number and he said he knew it. He said he thought they performed all of the updates before I bought it, I said no, that it still had a ton of wind noise and I was getting headaches from the backpressure. So they scheduled me for Feb 4th service. I will update the forum with the outcome.

UPDATE 2/6/20: The service tech, really nice guy, ordered the new “remanufactured” window seals for driver/passenger side. He said they are backordered so he told me a “week or two”. I get the feeling from this forum that it will be longer. Wind noise is my biggest complaint so if they can solve that then I will be thrilled with the vehicle...will update again...

UPDATE 2/12/20: the service dept replaced the “runners” on pass/driver side. The wind noise is now WORSE. I took the service tech for a ride and he confirmed the wind noise and “Booms” of pressure that come in and give me headaches and make me equalize my ears. I left the car at the dealer, I dont need to deal with this garbage. I am now in touch with Corporate Hyundai for a Manufacturer Buy Back based on this defect. I will update here with any additional updates....Also Hyundai deactivated that TSB on Friday, dont know what that means

UPDATE 2/14/20: GOOD NEWS- the service dept discovered that they installed some gasket backwards in the window runs so now the wind noise is within the tolerable limits. There is still a little bit of wind noise, but it is acceptable. I accept that it wont be as quiet as my BMW X5 was. So I am happy for now! Chad and Rob at Arapahoe Hyundai service were all over this one, so I am no longer pursuing a buy back and I am hoping for many great road trips in this Palisade.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My husband and I just got our white Limited Palisade. I was well versed on the wind issue before we got our car. We didn’t have that problem while test driving a pally at the dealership on the hwy. But with our new pally, we definitely had the wind issue on the passenger side. The whistling noise was loud enough to be a nuisance but there weren’t any wind noise on the driver’s side. So we inspect the car ourself and found 2 areas near the front and back bottom end of the window where they installed the gasket poorly which may be the cause of the wind issue. The only reason we know it was installed poorly because the driver side looked like it was installed properly. I’m bringing my palisade to the Hyundai dealership tomorrow knowing that there’s a TSB. I’ll be sure to update you guys if that was the actual issue or not. I’m going to post some pics of the rubber seal of both the driver side and passenger side so you guys can check your car and see if you guys have the same problem too

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
My husband and I just got our white Limited Palisade. I was well versed on the wind issue before we got our car. We didn’t have that problem while test driving a pally at the dealership on the hwy. But with our new pally, we definitely had the wind issue on the passenger side. The whistling noise was loud enough to be a nuisance but there weren’t any wind noise on the driver’s side. So we inspect the car ourself and found 2 areas near the front and back bottom end of the window where they installed the gasket poorly which may be the cause of the wind issue. The only reason we know it was installed poorly because the driver side looked like it was installed properly. I’m bringing my palisade to the Hyundai dealership tomorrow knowing that there’s a TSB. I’ll be sure to update you guys if that was the actual issue or not. I’m going to post some pics of the rubber seal of both the driver side and passenger side so you guys can check your car and see if you guys have the same problem too View attachment 705 View attachment 706
Thanks for the pictures. Very helpful to visualize. And do keep us posted if this is indeed the issue!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went to the deal yesterday and they test drive it. The tech bull scraped me about the wind noise. There were no whistling sound but the wind noise was definitely heavy. He said it's normal driving wind noise...uhhh...nope. they didn't want to do anything as they said it was normal. The TSB didn't do anything for them. I'm going to complain to Hyundai and will set up another appointment with a different dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
just got my limited back yesterday, drove in a 40mph cross wind today and no air roaring noise coming either side. They replaced one gasket, pinched both doors in at the bottom of the glass on both doors to tighten the seals!
Do you have more descriptive things that they did? I take mine in on Thursday and would love to give them more options to try. Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I went to the deal yesterday and they test drive it. The tech bull scraped me about the wind noise. There were no whistling sound but the wind noise was definitely heavy. He said it's normal driving wind noise...uhhh...nope. they didn't want to do anything as they said it was normal. The TSB didn't do anything for them. I'm going to complain to Hyundai and will set up another appointment with a different dealership.
This is what I am anticipating my dealership doing as well. I'm sure they will say it's just "normal wind noise". I know these aren't $100,000 Mercedes SUV's, but I still think they should be a much quieter ride.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's definitely not normal wind noise. I think before I got the vehicle, they try to fix the whistle sound but didn't do a good job of sealing the full wind noise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
It's definitely not normal wind noise. I think before I got the vehicle, they try to fix the whistle sound but didn't do a good job of sealing the full wind noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Appears they did TSB's all the way up to 1/10/2020

I have not bought a Palisade yet due to the fact that we went to the dealership and walked the parking lot and ALL of the Palisades had condensation on the windshield on the interior. It was a fairly cool evening, but none of the other vehicles had that problem. The front windshield had condensation, all the side windows were foggy.
Salesperson didn't seem to think that it was a problem.... hmmmmm..... for real???
After reading all the comments about air noise, I am curious to see if any one else had an issue and was it fixed once the seals were replaced?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had both TSB fixes done to my car... owned for 3 months... been in the shop all 3 months. The whistle is still LOUD! I have video of it, but it won't let me post right now.

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Drove my new Palisade between 65-75 today on purpose to see if there is any wind noise.
Radio off there was wind on the drivers side.
None what so ever. Haven't had it a week yet so hope they have this figured out at the factory
or the port.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed, almost right away, on my 2020 Palisade Limited that there is what sounds like air is coming in thru the front windows (like the window is cracked). I went to my dealership to ask them about it and they said that they drove 2 other Palisades and the same thing happens with them also. Anyone else find this issue with their Palisade?
Yep - just bought one 3 weeks ago and noticed the same thing - why didn't I notice it when I was test driving? Probably because I was so taken with the interior and the myriad of options.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dropped mine off at the dealer this morning. The service manager was VERY AWARE that almost all Palisades have this issue and expected the wind noise problem to probably turn into a Recall at some point once they find a "FIX ALL" fix. My 2nd or 3rd row seats squeak like hell too, so they are looking into that.

I'm assuming they will have to order parts for the wind noise so I am guessing it won't be fixed today. I'll let you all know what they say.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got the call back. For the wind noise, they adjusted the door panels apparently. They said they fixed the wind noise, but I'll be the judge of that.

181 - 200 of 253 Posts