Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed, almost right away, on my 2020 Palisade Limited that there is what sounds like air is coming in thru the front windows (like the window is cracked). I went to my dealership to ask them about it and they said that they drove 2 other Palisades and the same thing happens with them also. Anyone else find this issue with their Palisade?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had my limited for 2 weeks no noise, than last night wind noise like window was cracked. Got up this morning and its gone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed, almost right away, on my 2020 Palisade Limited that there is what sounds like air is coming in thru the front windows (like the window is cracked). I went to my dealership to ask them about it and they said that they drove 2 other Palisades and the same thing happens with them also. Anyone else find this issue with their Palisade?
I have the same issue and very annoying! Did the dealer offer any solutions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys Jovan from Grimsby,Ontario Canada
we have a luxury model

and noticed wind noise right away and another annoying sound from the driver window

when I had the AC or heat on full blast with driver side air vent pointed towards the window it sounds like the back window is open and you get that baffle sound

they changed the window seal
Door seal
And sound is almost gone

the seals on the doors are not good

my case is gone directly up to Hyundai Canada and gone to the manufacturer in Korea that is how far it has gone

dealership has videos and so do I
Today they are replacing the gloss black trim piece on the driver door because it wasn’t aligned with the driver rear door

the sound is still there when Ac or heat is on full blast with vent pointed towards the door around 80-120km/h

i was told that Hyundai Canada is working on a resolution on this and I’m pretty sure it’s going to come out with a massive recall on this

just annoying that I had the car for about 3 weeks and the car has been at the dealership already 5 times

my dealer said this is the first palisade that they have seen or heard about this issue

I’m pretty confident that they will come out with a fix soon and we will all be fine!

first year model problems!

·
Registered
3 Posts

video I just uploaded on youtube

once I put recycling air in that sound goes away

if I push on door card the sound goes away

obviously there is a issue with the door seals and alignment of the doors in our palisades!

·
Registered
41 Posts
In one of the other posts, they are saying Hyundai is stating that the wind noise is normal and is not acknowledging a problem.
It is very interesting that you seem to have gotten Hyundai to be receptive to the issue, which seems to be the biggest hurdle for problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the same issue and they are replacing all the weatherstripping on all doors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem on the driver's side. Dealership replaced the window gasket, but this did not fix the problem - in fact made it slightly worse. Now I get not only wind noise but a whistling sound above 70 mph in a cross wind. Dealer said they opened a case which is supposed to be sent to Hyundai Engineering for resolution. Service manager said new Palisades on the lot do the same thing so clearly Hyundai knows about this problem. Hopefully, like many of you have said, this will be resolved sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm really surprised as looking at the area where the sound seems to be coming from, Hyundai did a really good job with triple door seals. I've also added rain vents that haven't made the problem better or worse. You would think it would have some affect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem on the driver's side. Dealership replaced the window gasket, but this did not fix the problem - in fact made it slightly worse. Now I get not only wind noise but a whistling sound above 70 mph in a cross wind. Dealer said they opened a case which is supposed to be sent to Hyundai Engineering for resolution. Service manager said new Palisades on the lot do the same thing so clearly Hyundai knows about this problem. Hopefully, like many of you have said, this will be resolved sooner rather than later.
Update 10-10-19
I just got off the phone with Hyundai Customer Service 1-800-633-5151. (This number was sent to me in an email from my dealership following a survey I submitted which indicated my wind noise problem was not resolved following the dealership installing a new window gasket.) The Hyundai CS agent took my basic information including VIN Number and asked me to describe my problem. After that he commented that it was very strange to have this wind noise with no windows open. I commented that it sounded like he hadn't heard of this problem before. He said this is the first he heard of it, to which I commented that it appears to me to be a common problem based on what I have read on several forums as well as dealer comments. He said, "Hmmm, well it's still unusual" and that he will get a case manager assigned to help me get the problem resolved. He said the case manager will research the problem and then contact me with his suggested plan to resolve the problem. So, I have a case number and when I hear something, I will report back here what the plan is.

·
Registered
2 Posts

video I just uploaded on youtube

once I put recycling air in that sound goes away

if I push on door card the sound goes away

obviously there is a issue with the door seals and alignment of the doors in our palisades!
Hey... Can you make that video available again? It seems to be not working. I drive Palisade Luxury trim in Alberta, Canada and have the same problem - planning to take mine to dealership to get it checked. Can you provide more information on your case? Is your sound issue fixed by the dealership remedy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update 10-17-19: After further discussions with the dealership, I made another appointment to bring my car in for evaluation. The Hyundai Case Manager had called the service manager at my dealer and confirmed my conversation. I left my car overnight. The next day I was notified that my car was ready for pickup - way too fast. I called and spoke with my service advisor who indicated they test drove my car along with two other new vehicles on the lot and all had the same problem. They notified Hyundai "Tech Line" and after an initial "that's the way it is," the dealership pressed Hyundai for a solution as this condition is unacceptable in their opinion. I was told that I would be contacted within 3 weeks to discuss next steps towards a fix. So, until then...
Hopefully, some of you will push your dealerships to pressure Hyundai to fix this problem as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased my Palisade on Saturday and I immediately noticed it too I had to return back to the dealership today and they asked how i liked my car i told them one of the cons about the car is being able to hear wind that drives me nuts because i keep thinking a door isnt closed or the windows arent rolled up all the way

1 - 20 of 100 Posts