Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was interesting that the engine air intake is covering the battery. Has anyone tried to remove it?
IMG_20200223_132401447 - Copy.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can't recall if it was the Palisade or another vehicle that was set up a similar way, but it is easy to remove the air duct to gain access to the battery. Just looking at the photo, looks like it has 2 of those push pins you simply pop up, lift the front end up and the back end will come out and then you have access to the battery.

How often do you planning on removing it? Usually in a new vehicle the original battery lasts 4-6 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I think you are right, it looks like you can lift it out but I wasn't sure that those were push pins. I bet they'll pop out.

I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon, just like to be prepared. I have a good memory it's alright!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Man, you are thinking ahead! By the time you'll need to replace the battery, there will be several videos on youtube, I'm sure. (May be there already, I haven't checked).

I haven't checked in the manual ... is there a separate battery for the auto stop/start feature? There is a separate battery on my Chrysler Pacifica for that feature, I imagine it is the same for all vehicles, but not sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting, I don't see anything in the manual about a separate battery for stop/start! If there isn't one I wonder how that affects the main battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts