Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here! Wondering if anyone has seen any other options for a hidden tow hitch? Seems this is one area the Palisade is seriously lacking in comparison to the other brand of SUVs in the marketplace. The factory option looks absolutely horrible!

So far I have looked at Stealth, which is super expensive but hidden, and non-hidden hitches like Curt and Draw-Tite. Was hoping that Hidden Hitch made one but I have not heard back from the company support team.

We primarily want to use a bike rack on it but also would do some light duty towing.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The two main ones are the stealth and the curt. Curt actually looks OK, imo, as all of it is hidden except the receiver block itself. The stealth is really nice, but $$$$$$. Many are using Curt due to price, and some have replaced the OEM (made by Curt to a different design) with the Curt hitch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the Stealth. I though the price was worth it. It is fully hidden unless I am using it. My son and I installed it in a couple of hours. The instructions were clear and the instruction video was easy to follow. No special tools. I bought from etrailer. The price was the same as directly from Stealth. Etrailer offered free shipping.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
490 Posts
Well, since the dealer wasn't going lower on the price, I got them the throw in the hitch without adding to the price of the car. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and since it's just a car and not a show piece, I'm not upset about how it looks or what I paid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
has anyone got any pics on how does the Curt look as compared to the OEM when installed... Am new to this and just wanted to know the difference in looks...any pointers pls...need to install one on my MoonBlue Limited

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 9.17.54 AM.jpeg . OR. WhatsApp Image 2020-11-29 at 9.18.31 AM.jpeg

·
Registered
12 Posts
also has anyone installed door guards.....(those liners on the door) -- someone scratched mine in the parking and it hurts when its a new car ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
also has anyone installed door guards.....(those liners on the door) -- someone scratched mine in the parking and it hurts when its a new car ;)
I have the clear vinyl ones that wrap around the edge of the door, but those are just to protect the edge of my door if I open the door into something. Won't protect my door from someone else opening a door into my car. I got them from Lamin-X. They have a Cyber Monday sale going on now too. Lamin-X

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
has anyone got any pics on how does the Curt look as compared to the OEM when installed... Am new to this and just wanted to know the difference in looks...any pointers pls...need to install one on my MoonBlue Limited
I recently installed the Curt in ours. Here are photos. I believe it’s much better than the OEM trailer hitch but not as nice as the hidden hitch system. Hyundai has a long way to go as compared to the American big three auto manufacturers and how they design their factory hitches to be hidden.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed it myself. Only special tool you need is a torque wrench which I picked up at Harbor freight for like 20 bucks. It was a pretty simple install if you’re mechanically inclined at all.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I noticed that you removed the Hyundai logo. Nice 👍
The lift gate had factory paint blemishes and needed to be completely repainted. They farmed the job out to a local body shop. I paid the body shop extra to fill the holes and not put the emblem back on

·
Registered
12 Posts
my another reason apart from better looking (personal view) for going with curt is that its cheaper.....The Hyundai dealer charges like 400 and another 280 for installation... Insane..... They gave me a 25% dosc coupon but not sure where to use it...am thinking of using on the door scuffs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts