Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've not seen this body style. I don't think I like it.
(grin)….We have had two rear-enders where some woman (in both cases) ran into us....and in both cases they were talking on a cell phone....our head restraints deployed, and we have to go through the shop time and all that but fortunately no injuries....this damage does not look like a street rear-end, but it may be....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was on a freeway offramp, at noon. My wife was driving about 45 mph when this happened. The car that hit her...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Holy Toledo!...the damage to the Palisade looks minimal, while this.....hope your wife is OK....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Glad your family is ok. Different vehicle, lost one of my two 2005 Honda Odyssey that saved my children's lives (they were with their sitter) truck came from the right and side swiped them pretty much removed all the sheet metal on both passenger side doors ( hit and ran) and other damage. The relation to this forum is it sped up the purchase of our Palisade since we were down to 1 car.

·
Banned
674 Posts
Modern cars have definitely come a long way. I drive 40K miles a year on average and have done so for over 35 years. I've unfortunately seen some pretty horrific crashes and been involved in 14. I've never been at fault and they've all been in my company cars, so my personal auto insurance is actually very low. I've been hit by 2 drunk drivers in my lifetime (1 major, 1 minor) and I've been rear ended by 5 inattentive drivers (3 phone, 1 radio, 1 putting on make-up). Luckily and surprisingly I've never been injured (other than sore the next day) or had my air bags deploy as either the speed, year of the car or "angle of attack" didn't warrant it.

My wife was not so lucky. She's been in 4 accidents, 1 was very serious from a drunk driver in a Dodge Ram pickup, towing a boat through a Target parking lot. He T-boned my wife, on the driver's side, in a Geo Prizm. The impact was so hard that every window in the car broke from the chassis flexing. The driver then attempted to leave the scene because he was drunk and it was his bosses boat and truck. Luckily witnesses saw what happened and blocked him from leaving. The Sheriff's department in Charlotte County Florida refused to press charges claiming the incident happened on private property. Our guess was this was "somebody's" son or relative that had sway with local officials. We were young and dumb. We should've sued our insurance company but didn't. They actually sunk $8,000 into repairing a car that we paid $13,000 for brand new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts