Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

Just after a bit of assistance. Garage door started coming down, when reversing out, which resulted in the 'fin' hitting the door.

It doesn't seem to have done much / any damage to the roof, but the fin has started coming off, which is a water seal worry.

Although I can't seem to push it back down onto the roof. My guess is the wiring has been pulled and ended up in a funny spot that doesn't let it sit back down in its original position.
Any tips on how to take the fin off to inspect, and rectify?

From the images, there is also some scratches. Advice on repairing would also be appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
Wonder is you can use a plastic putty knife or something similar with a thin piece of cloth wrapped on the end to slide it under the portion of the fin sticking up. It would allow you to gently "feel" if there is anything blocking it's return to flush mounting postion. Being wary of anything that feels as if it moves or flexes, that might indicate some seal or wire out of position.
As far as cleaning the scratches, I'd try some cleaner/wax paste or possibly a mild compound on the scratches.

· Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
838 Posts
The fin goes through a hole in the roof and is attached with a nut, more then likely when the door lifted the back of the fin it raised the lip of the hole so now the fin won't sit flush. The only way to fix it is to remove the fine and flatten the lip on the hole.

Reactions: aussiekeeper
1 - 3 of 3 Posts