Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just for information and not a complaint. The output voltage on my Palisade Limited under a no load condition is 115.45 VAC, 60.45 Hz, 50.2% duty cycle. That is good enough for most devices that might be plugged in there. I did not test it under a load because that was beyond my interest for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been having quite a few issues with the power output of the AC outlet. I've tried a car vacuum that tripped the shutoff, and a very small air matress inflator did the same. Oddly enough, I have another air matress that has a built in inflator and it works fine.

Not being an electrician, can anyone explain why I might be having these issues and how I can tell ahead of time which devices will trip the shutoff and which ones won't?

·
Registered
166 Posts
It looks like the outlet is only rated for 150W so anything around or above that will most likely trip the breaker. So almost anything with an electric motor will not work. It's probably more designed for computers and electrical devices that don't require a lot of wattage.

·
Registered
2021 SEL AWD
2 Posts
There is a breaker for the inverter? Does anyone know where it is? Mine is not working, LED doesn't light up, fuse is not blown. Only 2,000 miles so I was going to take it in. Any help appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
646 Posts
There is a breaker for the inverter? Does anyone know where it is? Mine is not working, LED doesn't light up, fuse is not blown. Only 2,000 miles so I was going to take it in. Any help appreciated!!!
Owner's manual does not mention a circuit breaker or even a reset button, just the 30 amp fuse in the engine compartment. It also says the LED will blink if the voltage is low, but it doesn't say it will go out. Loss in translation maybe? Your car is running when you're trying it, right?

·
Registered
2021 SEL AWD
2 Posts
Yeah, car is running, LED light doesn't even come on. Hard to even find any info about working on the vehicle in general online, let alone the inverter. I imagine it will be a service issue. Hello 1st warranty claim!

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Lagoon Silver
646 Posts
I've never had a car with an inverter but I'm familiar with electrical systems so I could troubleshoot it if I had my hands on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts