Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our 2021 Palisade in Dec 2020, in March of this year 2021 the air conditioner stopped working while I was driving. The dealer said the AC condensator was hit with a tiny rock, no their fault. The insurance covered and we had a deductible around 500. Three months later, the same problem again. Another tiny rock hit the condensator. The rode is paved, so obviously the condensator is bad quality and the big holes in the grill doesn’t help to the matter. We filed a case and we have almost 1 month with the vehicle in the repair shop and nobody from Hyundai have answer or give us a solution. The first time the vehicle was there for a month. I’m so disappointed. It’s my first Hyundai and now I cannot drive it without fear, thinking a little rock is going to hit the condensator again. Did someone else has this problem? Any solution or recommendations for this?

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
last year a couple of people had the same issue.
Buy a small piece of expanded metal, next time it is worked on,
ask them to mount a screen or expanded metal in front of the coil for you
Make sure it is a small gap expanded metal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last year a couple of people had the same issue.
Buy a small piece of expanded metal, next time it is worked on,
ask them to mount a screen or expanded metal in front of the coil for you
Make sure it is a small gap expanded metal
Doesn’t affect the warranty? They are not honoring it anyways but they will have more excuses to be responsible for the defective parts.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I bought some black powder coated expanded mesh to protect the condenser but can not find an easier way to do it than removing the bumper cover or putting on the outside which is aesthetically not likely.

Has anyone discovered an easier way to get into the space behind the grill top and bottom to add the protective screen?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought some black powder coated expanded mesh to protect the condenser but can not find an easier way to do it than removing the bumper cover or putting on the outside which is aesthetically not likely.

Has anyone discovered an easier way to get into the space behind the grill top and bottom to add the protective screen?
I guess is a good option or just sell it and buy another one. My fear is that the condensator is just poor very poor quality. The hole is almost microscopic, not sure if a mesh would prevent this. I have drove the same road for years and nothing happened to my toyotas. Twice in less of 6 months is a nightmare. But, definitely I will lose a lot of money if a sell it. Peace of mind though

·
Registered
398 Posts
Selling is a bad option even if it is worth more than I paid for it. I am not adverse to adding protective items to my cars. Just anxious about removing the bumper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We got our 2021 Palisade in Dec 2020, in March of this year 2021 the air conditioner stopped working while I was driving. The dealer said the AC condensator was hit with a tiny rock, no their fault. The insurance covered and we had a deductible around 500. Three months later, the same problem again. Another tiny rock hit the condensator. The rode is paved, so obviously the condensator is bad quality and the big holes in the grill doesn’t help to the matter. We filed a case and we have almost 1 month with the vehicle in the repair shop and nobody from Hyundai have answer or give us a solution. The first time the vehicle was there for a month. I’m so disappointed. It’s my first Hyundai and now I cannot drive it without fear, thinking a little rock is going to hit the condensator again. Did someone else has this problem? Any solution or recommendations for this?
Bought our 2022 Palisade 6 weeks ago. after 2 weeks A/C went out. Brought it to the dealership for other warranty issues and added the condenser to the list. Was told debris damaged the condenser and not covered under warranty. Was shown the bad part and the damage was microscopic. Insurance deductible is $2000 so not getting help from them. Part repair was estimated at $1500. Car was at the shop for 4 weeks out of the 6 I've had it in my possession. I haven't even made a first payment on this car. Talked the service manager down to $1300 but still wasn't happy about the situation. Filed a complaint with Hyundai and after 15 days finally got a call from the "national team". Claim/case manager was a real bitch. Told me they would not refund the money I had to pay and "they drove their Palisade and found no issue with the condenser or and the design was fine". I asked how is it fair that I have to pay $1300 for something I deemed to be a design flaw and something that happened to me and not me being hard on the car. Pretty much told me to go fuck myself. I'm terrified to drive this car now as any moment could be a $1300-$1500 repair. Car only has 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought our 2022 Palisade 6 weeks ago. after 2 weeks A/C went out. Brought it to the dealership for other warranty issues and added the condenser to the list. Was told debris damaged the condenser and not covered under warranty. Was shown the bad part and the damage was microscopic. Insurance deductible is $2000 so not getting help from them. Part repair was estimated at $1500. Car was at the shop for 4 weeks out of the 6 I've had it in my possession. I haven't even made a first payment on this car. Talked the service manager down to $1300 but still wasn't happy about the situation. Filed a complaint with Hyundai and after 15 days finally got a call from the "national team". Claim/case manager was a real bitch. Told me they would not refund the money I had to pay and "they drove their Palisade and found no issue with the condenser or and the design was fine". I asked how is it fair that I have to pay $1300 for something I deemed to be a design flaw and something that happened to me and not me being hard on the car. Pretty much told me to go fuck myself. I'm terrified to drive this car now as any moment could be a $1300-$1500 repair. Car only has 2000 miles on it.
I have a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy and have the same problem. Dealer told me the same small pebble story. I told them that these condensers should not be getting these microscopic holes. Told me 1400 to repair it as warranty doesn’t cover road debris. I told them I would repair it myself and had to pay 150.00 dollars for them to tell me that. I ordered a brand new condenser from Hyundai and waited 3 weeks for it to arrive. Removed the damaged one and installed the new OEM Hyundai one. Pulled a vacuum and charged the system. Guess what? Before I got finished putting the front bumper back on I heard a hissing sound. The new condenser had a microscopic hole in it and was leaking. I called the dealer and told them and they didn’t even question it. Said they would have another on the way and would send a return label for the defective one. Fast forward three more weeks. Received the new OEM Hyundai condenser and opened the box and this one looks worse than the other one. I installed it tonight and will pressure test it tomorrow with nitrogen as the Freon is 190.00 and they wouldn’t reimburse me for that. I’m not losing another 190.00 worth of Freon. If you haven’t had problems with your a/c condenser you are lucky as these condensers are complete shit. There is not an aftermarket option as of now. Not happen at all with Hyundai materials and workmanship.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts