Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am new to the forum but it looks like a great resource. I am about to buy a Pallisade and have read about smelly interiors?.. windscreen cracking? and possibly wind noise?

Should I be questioning the dealer on all of this and/or anything else before I jump in?

Thanks in advance )

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought my Calligraphy about three months ago, and I have none of those issues. I believe the smell problem was found and solved a while ago.
In my opinion and rather short experience with the Calligraphy, I can honestly say that I highly recommend them.
Do you want to buy a 2022?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my Calligraphy about three months ago, and I have none of those issues. I believe the smell problem was found and solved a while ago.
In my opinion and rather short experience with the Calligraphy, I can honestly say that I highly recommend them.
Do you want to buy a 2022?
Thanks.. thats a relief to know! Hoping for a good price on the 2021 as it's enough car for us.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Ours is a 21 Calligraphy and have not experienced any of those issues. Been a solid car so far. When we went to buy the car, the smell issue came up in my research and asked the dealer/sales guy about it but their answer was noncommittal - With my research, it felt I knew better about the car than them. Don’t think the issue of smell came up recently from the latest owners.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
We have a 2021 Calligraphy, build date of Jul 2020 and it had the smell. I don't think it was terrible like others claimed but it was still there. Anyways, just had the headrests replaced so hopefully that fixes it.

I also have a slight driver's side wind noise but our VIN isn't listed in the recall so they won't fix it. People have posted their own fixes on here so I may give that a try.

We did have a paint defect on the hood, just had it repainted. I had PPF done prior so trying to get the dealer to cover the $300 for the hood portion.

Other than that, it's been a good vehicle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all. I am new to the forum but it looks like a great resource. I am about to buy a Pallisade and have read about smelly interiors?.. windscreen cracking? and possibly wind noise?

Should I be questioning the dealer on all of this and/or anything else before I jump in?

Thanks in advance )
I had the Calligraphy now for 2000 miles and no issues. Did a TON of research and no matter what vehicle your looking at your going to find some negative issues but the Hyundai Palisade had the least negative complaints and most of them were personal dislikes.. I did want a new Explorer but since the model change 2 years ago their track record is terrible.. Out of 22 SUV’s reviewed Explorer came in #20 in one review and 18 in the other.. Loads of engine and tranny issues which I think are main stream problems. The Hyundai Palisade and KIA Telluride came in the top 5 on all of the reviews I’ve read. I through aside the personal dislikes and focus on the mechanics of the vehicle.. So I’m driving the Palisade, just a note I’m a buy American type of guy and this is my first imported vehicle. That took everyone I know by surprise but I had to go with the (research) on this one.. Can’t through good money at bad…. So get that Calligraphy and enjoy, still finding things out about the car, all good surprises..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the Calligraphy now for 2000 miles and no issues. Did a TON of research and no matter what vehicle your looking at your going to find some negative issues but the Hyundai Palisade had the least negative complaints and most of them were personal dislikes.. I did want a new Explorer but since the model change 2 years ago their track record is terrible.. Out of 22 SUV’s reviewed Explorer came in #20 in one review and 18 in the other.. Loads of engine and tranny issues which I think are main stream problems. The Hyundai Palisade and KIA Telluride came in the top 5 on all of the reviews I’ve read. I through aside the personal dislikes and focus on the mechanics of the vehicle.. So I’m driving the Palisade, just a note I’m a buy American type of guy and this is my first imported vehicle. That took everyone I know by surprise but I had to go with the (research) on this one.. Can’t through good money at bad…. So get that Calligraphy and enjoy, still finding things out about the car, all good surprises..
P.S. NEVER TRUST A CAR DEALER, THEIR THERE TO SELL YOU A CAR AND ARE VERY GOOD AT SAYING WHAT THEY THINK YOU WANT TO HEAR.. Good choice at checking the forums. Where I bought mine I was talking to a different salesman than the one I wen through and they both had different answers when I asked about the chip shortage so they are pretty much good for nothing other than selling..

·
Registered
155 Posts
We traded in a 2020 Limited on a 2021 Calligraphy two weeks ago. Just 1000 miles in, but no smell, no wind noise, just my opinion but I think it's quieter than my 2020. We paid MSRP, got a $500 military/veteran discount and the dealer we purchased it from didn't charge any dealer fees. I think we got a fair deal, we're happy we made the switch. We thought about waiting for a 2022, but near as I can tell there is virtually no difference other than the 2022's being $500 more expensive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Save your money and get the Limited. The headliner is much nicer (not sure how velvety suede is nice to look up at??), nicer wheels and who cares about leather inserts on the doors??
These 3 options are not worth $3K+….but hey if you want to be able to say you have the Top of Line model, you be you. Personally I think the wheels are hideous…

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
Save your money and get the Limited. The headliner is much nicer (not sure how velvety suede is nice to look up at??), nicer wheels and who cares about leather inserts on the doors??
These 3 options are not worth $3K+….but hey if you want to be able to say you have the Top of Line model, you be you. Personally I think the wheels are hideous…
There are several other features on the Calligraphy, not just those. And not sure where you come up with $3K??? You must be comparing a Limited FWD to the Calligraphy AWD. If you compare AWD to AWD, the difference is only $925, not $3K. And now, you can get a FWD Calligraphy which is the same difference in price.

I won't argue the cosmetic differences, that is absolutely your right and opinion, but get the facts correct with it being only $925 difference.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There are several other features on the Calligraphy, not just those. And not sure where you come up with $3K??? You must be comparing a Limited FWD to the Calligraphy AWD. If you compare AWD to AWD, the difference is only $925, not $3K.
Could not have said it better. So the true decision is do you want to spend the extra $925 to have some extra features? There is no right or wrong answer, just a personal choice.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are several other features on the Calligraphy, not just those. And not sure where you come up with $3K??? You must be comparing a Limited FWD to the Calligraphy AWD. If you compare AWD to AWD, the difference is only $925, not $3K. And now, you can get a FWD Calligraphy which is the same difference in price.

I won't argue the cosmetic differences, that is absolutely your right and opinion, but get the facts correct with it being only $925 difference.
Amen.

For OP, I have a 2021 Calligraphy which I bought in October of last year. Mine doesn't have any major issue, except I hear wind noise on freeway once in a while. However, the noise level is not something that really bothers me, so I decided not to do anything at this point.

My only concern is that I'm hoping (praying) my car won't have steering wheel lock-up issue that some members are having.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I see the price configured online is approximately a grand but when I was researching it appears you can’t find a Caligraphy trim for much less than $50K and the limited hovers around $47K. Get online and order exactly how you want then I stand corrected. Also, the grille is different, what else did I forget? I personally don’t think it’s worth any extra money but that’s just my opinion.
KIA did the same thing years ago with the Optima. I just think it’s a money grab and personally like the headliner, wheels better. Take it or leave it on the door leather insets and the triangle grille VS the rectangular grille ingots…
I mention it because anyone looking for a new Palisade should know these differences. Just educating the buyer.

·
Registered
2021 White Calligraphy
563 Posts
I see the price configured online is approximately a grand but when I was researching it appears you can’t find a Caligraphy trim for much less than $50K and the limited hovers around $47K. Get online and order exactly how you want then I stand corrected. Also, the grille is different, what else did I forget? I personally don’t think it’s worth any extra money but that’s just my opinion.
KIA did the same thing years ago with the Optima. I just think it’s a money grab and personally like the headliner, wheels better. Take it or leave it on the door leather insets and the triangle grille VS the rectangular grille ingots…
I mention it because anyone looking for a new Palisade should know these differences. Just educating the buyer.
It's hard to look at a dealer MSRP online because those can include different dealer installed options such as cargo net, hitch, roof rails, etc. But a bottom line comparison is only $925. Sure there are markups, I get it. And yeah if the only option was a $5K markup on a Calligraphy versus MSRP on Limited then I would probably buy the Limited. I wouldn't pay more than MSRP and that's why I didn't buy the Telluride and went with the Pali.

But add'l Calligraphy cosmetic features include, mirror puddle lights, rear accent lighting, front grille, skid plates, side door garnish, microfiber headliner, door panels, perforated leather-wrapped steering wheel, cargo sill plate, wheels, and front accent light.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts