Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my Limited I have noticed the EBrake comes on automatically when I park on an incline. Didn't know the car had this feature.

Will check for wind noise tomorrow on freeway and report back to those who are interested.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Love the E-Brake. Wish there was an option for to have it on whenever I put the car in Park as opposed to when it deems its appropriate. Similarly be nice if putting it in drive or reverse turned it off automatically.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Love the E-Brake. Wish there was an option for to have it on whenever I put the car in Park as opposed to when it deems its appropriate. Similarly be nice if putting it in drive or reverse turned it off automatically.
It will do the latter. You just have to accelerate a little to get it to turn off (and the seat belt must be on).

·
Registered
452 Posts
LOL Yeah but I would like it to do by putting the car in R or D not wait for me to start moving. Suppose I could play with it a little.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
LOL Yeah but I would like it to do by putting the car in R or D not wait for me to start moving. Suppose I could play with it a little.
Yeah but that would defeat the purpose of automatically turning it on to hold the car in place when on an incline. The way they have it now, your foot has time to move to the gas pedal after putting it in gear without the car starting to slide.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think we are actually being too picky as this seems to be a terrific car with most things very well thought out. Be happy that we don't have to use our foot to press down on a manual ebrake.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I thought Hill Hold used the regular breaks when your in Drive. When you moving from Park to R or D it could turn off the E-break. It already knows about inclines to put the E-Break on. Not an issue I am already used to turning it off / on since its not consistent for my use case...

That said How about Engine Auto off when you walk away from the Car... I have once in the last month accidentally left the car running when I went inside to a store. Unless I do a remote start I would prefer the car not run if I walk away from the Car with Fob.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I thought Hill Hold used the regular breaks when your in Drive. When you moving from Park to R or D it could turn off the E-break. It already knows about inclines to put the E-Break on. Not an issue I am already used to turning it off / on since its not consistent for my use case...

That said How about Engine Auto off when you walk away from the Car... I have once in the last month accidentally left the car running when I went inside to a store. Unless I do a remote start I would prefer the car not run if I walk away from the Car with Fob.
You mean the Hill Start Assist Control? True, that is present, although it's only active for 2 seconds after putting the car in Drive. Who knows...

·
Registered
452 Posts
What about accidentally leaving the engine running. Done that Once. Put the Car in Park, locked the doors, walked away to the store. Swore I had turned the car off and came back and found it running. Course in another thread we discussed just hitting off and being done with it:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts