Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is relevent. If it just does it when it is on, if it just does it if it is off or whether it doesn't matter if it is on or off are all information that would be useful for diagnosis.
Exactly. I’m collecting all of it. The interesting thing I will share with dealership is when the transmission is doing it’s “slipping” (which I put in quotes because I don’t think anything is actually wrong with transmission) is the engine oil light flickers once or twice very quickly. I thought my wife was nuts when she told me, but I witnessed it as well. You almost miss it if you are not watching for it. Hopefully this will be another clue for them to investigate.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You realize he said the opposite, right? That turning stop and go ON made the issue go away. Not OFF.
Remember I did not clarify exactly what the service manager did. I’m assuming he deactivated ISG but I don’t know for sure. No matter as i’ll have all my notes for him. From before the reset on the adaptive codes, the drive home from dealership (doing it constantly) and last 3 weeks nothing happening due to the transmission adapting or my wife leaving ISG on.

I might have her do an experiment to turn ISG off for a week or so to see what happens

But like I said earlier. I’m leaning towards nothing wrong with transmission and this is software.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to hi jack thread. But wife took it upon herself today to begin the experiment. She turned off ISG and the transmission bucked in the 30 mph range. First time she’s turned it off in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
That is good information. Plus the oil light flicker. It is possible that there is an intermittent grounding circuit or data bus problem that the Stop and go circuit completes when engaged that is common to all of them. Someone previously in this thread mentioned that the dealer tech found a bad, "corroded" connection.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm now nearing the two week mark and have to say I'm shocked at the lack of customer service on such a high tag purchase.
The service department is "positive" it's the transmission although they say they have never seen transmission issues on the Palisade, however Hyundia's warranty department continues to insist on additional testing which is delaying the repairs.
The dealership now says they do not do loaner cars at all. Hyundai customer care says they 'may' reimburse for rental costs but not until the repairs are complete...which means I'm making a car payment on a car I cannot drive and will soon be in my 3rd week of paying for a rental.
I've gotten better customer service when my food is wrong at a restaurant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Screw Hyundai altogether! One of the repair guys walked me outside and told me that Hyundai keeps a lot of angry customers because they have a lot of engine and trans problems. He even stated that he just works there but he would never buy one himself or recommend anyone to! He also told me that he thinks i should trade in my Palisade and get something that has been around for a while enough to know the common pros and cons about the vehicle. And last but not least….he really laid it on me when he informed me that Hyundai doesn’t like to dig deep enough to find any issues unless an engine light or some other kind of light is on! So that was his off the record recommendation. So to sum it all up he basically told me that they’re not going to do anything about it unless there’s proof! So once again….SCREW HYUNDAI! $50,000 on a car that can’t even perform basic! Yeah it’s very fancy and luxurious but they did all of that only to leave out the most important things people want most in a car and that’s performance! This is my 1st and last car from them, I definitely will be trading that sometimey driving piece of rubbish in!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Your buddy there was talking like a flat rate tech. Tech's get paid for the job, not per hour. A good tech can make up to $100G in a good garage. A diagnostic job may pay between 0.6 and 1.0 flat rate hours. Without a valid code or the problem quickly manifesting itself, it could take hours. He'd be lucky to make minimum wage. He could make more money doing free oil changes and rotations. Sorry for your problems, but that is life for an auto tech. He needs to eat too.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Screw Hyundai altogether! One of the repair guys walked me outside and told me that Hyundai keeps a lot of angry customers because they have a lot of engine and trans problems. He even stated that he just works there but he would never buy one himself or recommend anyone to! He also told me that he thinks i should trade in my Palisade and get something that has been around for a while enough to know the common pros and cons about the vehicle. And last but not least….he really laid it on me when he informed me that Hyundai doesn’t like to dig deep enough to find any issues unless an engine light or some other kind of light is on! So that was his off the record recommendation. So to sum it all up he basically told me that they’re not going to do anything about it unless there’s proof! So once again….SCREW HYUNDAI! $50,000 on a car that can’t even perform basic! Yeah it’s very fancy and luxurious but they did all of that only to leave out the most important things people want most in a car and that’s performance! This is my 1st and last car from them, I definitely will be trading that sometimey driving piece of rubbish in!
Sorry to hear your trouble. Though I would take that repair guy’s thoughts with a grain of salt, the best outcome for you would be to trade it in especially when the market is hot. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
If you believe anybody that tells you what ever they want to make up>
Then just sign the title over to me and you no longer have to worry about it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Figured I owe an update after last service visit.
the tl:dr version is no change in situation. Have another appt set up for 11/20

Dropped car off for complimentary oil change, tire rotation and “left car for the day” per service manager after my last visit. He was going to “research with his tech line” on this visit.

I knew it wasn’t going to be good when I handed the service writer my 6 pages of notes for each time the transmission bucked and jerked. Day, time, conditions, speed and any other anomaly (like dashboard light flickering). Got blank stare.

Fast forward to end of day. Get call from service writer. Did oil change and tire rotation but service writer said they could not duplicate problem. I said thats all well and good but did you call tech line. He said we have to see the problem before we call. I said I gave you 6 pages of notes with problem and your manage drove car 3 weeks ago and felt it. He said he ask the service manager to drive it again. I told him i’d be there at 5:30 to have a pow-wow.

Get there service writer is giving me song and dance. Could not duplicate, yada yada. I said what were you going to do if you did duplicate. We already confirmed it’s not throwing a code, i gave you 6 pages of notes for each time it happened in past 3 weeks. I gave you likely combo of settings on car when it happens. He then tells me he could not make head or tails from the notes I gave him. I said why didn’t you call me and I would have walked you through them. Mind you it was date, time, speed, ISG on/off of when problem happened. Not too hard to comprehend. I say go get manager

Manager comes out has blank stare. I said you told me three weeks ago to make appointment and leave car for day so you could call tech line. Here is answer “I didn’t realize this was the car”. Ok, lovely. He says come back I tomorrow and i’ll squeeze you in. I said no, let’s make appointment. I want to do this right so you can do research. Plus I want to document few more times if it happens.

Here is the new bit of information hot off press. We’ve been leaving ISG on because it was bucking and jerking with it off. Wife tells me it happened the other day with ISG on. She’s livid. Wants car gone, etc. I told her the car has60,000 bumper to bumper, 100k on power train. We’ll get it fixed. That’s said it’s going to be a race against time as to when my patience runs out with this service group.

The saga continues

·
Super Moderator
2,010 Posts
Take a video of the Palisade doing that. Show that to the dealership.
Have you filed for a complaint with the customer service number in the manual?
You may need to try a different dealership and show them the video
What codes show up when checked?
You can always ask some place like auto zone to scan for codes, it is free

·
Registered
9 Posts
Take a video of the Palisade doing that. Show that to the dealership.
Have you filed for a complaint with the customer service number in the manual?
You may need to try a different dealership and show them the video
What codes show up when checked?
You can always ask some place like auto zone to scan for codes, it is free
Thanks. We’re trying to get a video. Have not filed a complaint waiting for outcome from next appt. will try new dealer depending what happens after next appt. no codes. I have several code scanners. You need hyundai’s Tool to scale transmission codes.

·
Registered
398 Posts
We aren't lawyers, we only play them on a forum. Best to contact one of your choice. The BBB might be able to steer you to a lemon law attorney on your area. Or perhaps, the BBB can intervene on your behalf?

·
Registered
9 Posts
An update to the situation I posted on above. Was able to finally get a good video of situation happening prior to a visit to dealership. Given the fact oil light and battery light flicker while it’s happening led me to believe it was something electrical and not transmission. Video of it happening is wild to watch.

Dropped car off today, shared video, service manager spent all day with it talking with Hyundai factory service engineers. He called me and they believe it to be the drive by wire gas pedal assembly. Apparently it’s happening to another vehicle. Part should be in Wednesday. We’ll see, but given the symptoms this passes smell test. I give the service manager a lot of credit for sticking with this and spending the day working it. If this is it I was make sure to give the proper kudos to the owner of the dealership. Stay tuned

·
Registered
9 Posts
An update to the situation I posted on above. Was able to finally get a good video of situation happening prior to a visit to dealership. Given the fact oil light and battery light flicker while it’s happening led me to believe it was something electrical and not transmission. Video of it happening is wild to watch.

Dropped car off today, shared video, service manager spent all day with it talking with Hyundai factory service engineers. He called me and they believe it to be the drive by wire gas pedal assembly. Apparently it’s happening to another vehicle. Part should be in Wednesday. We’ll see, but given the symptoms this passes smell test. I give the service manager a lot of credit for sticking with this and spending the day working it. If this is it I was make sure to give the proper kudos to the owner of the dealership. Stay tuned
Yes, i’m replying to myself. They installed part today and it didn’t work. Service manager now believes it’s a communication issue on the CAN bus. He’s been in near constant contact with Hyundai tech line. His comment to me is “this is going to take a while but i’ll get it fixed”. I really do not want to wait a while. I’ll open a case with Hyundai. I’ll be patient if they give me a rental car, but $30/day make in rental. Otherwise, i’ll Start exploring lemon law.

As I was walking out the door of dealership, I got to thinking about communication issue. I went back in to let him know I installed a carlinkit wireless car play adapter. I can’t see how it could be affecting things, but you never know. He’s going to try everything with the adapter disconnected to see if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ll keep documenting even if no one is reading. Unsurprisingly, it was not the wireless car play adapter. Car did it with it unplugged (which I knew it would since it did it before, but wasn’t sure if it would change with new gas pedal assembly).

Service manager called me today. They were on phone with Hyundai all day. They were able to see the problem the scope. The car is losing the gas pedal signal. Now Hyundai wants to try a new front engine harness. Maybe comes in next week. Tells me I could come down and get it today and he’d call me when the harness comes in. I went to get in car to leave. It would not start. I had already sent my wife home and she was actually back at house. Not a chance i’m calling her back. She’s not happy with situation to begin with. I go back into service manager and tell him what’s going on. He has defeated look on face. Says he’ll take me home even though he lives in opposite direction but i’d Have to wait 20 minutes. 2 minutes later they got a sales guy to bring he home. He was happy as a clam. Got out 30 mins early and was going in same direction. So they’ve had car, monday, wed, thur, Friday, weekend, and likely all day Monday. And then when harness comes in another 2 days. I’m losing patience. Case is opened with Hyundai.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts