Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife took her SEL in for service this morning. The car has less than 2700 miles on it, but during that time, she noticed that she was experiencing 'hard shifts', and sometimes 'no shifts', or a racing engine but going nowhere. Hmmmm....tranny slipping....already?

So after 8 hours at the dealership, she called to find out status. The Service Tech informed her that they were still working on the car, and would she be able to leave it overnight. She informed them that she needs the vehicle to get to work, so what was wrong with it?

'The technician says you need a NEW TRANSMISSION' WTF????? So I waited until she got home from the dealership, with a loaner Santa Fe. The tech told her that when they dropped the tranny pan, it was filled with 'FOAM'. They think a seal failed, and allowed air to get into the transmission - hence the foam. So they called Hyundai , and were told to go ahead and replace the transmission.

To add insult to injury - I talked her out of buying a Subaru Ascent - why? Because of all the CVT tranny issues they had. So now she is in a loaner, while her car is waiting for a replacement transmision. Not impressed.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
Well at least they are giving you a new transmission and a loaner to boot remember anything mechanical no matter how new will break down i have yet to see a perfect vehicle and i hope it all works out well for you and My Palisade has not given me a single problem at all with over 6000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
2,006 Posts
Looks like the Nah applies also to the can I? as well as the Will I ?
Yes some people have had more than their share of problems and as
Saxman said they are easy to research on here

·
Registered
4 Posts
So my wife took her SEL in for service this morning. The car has less than 2700 miles on it, but during that time, she noticed that she was experiencing 'hard shifts', and sometimes 'no shifts', or a racing engine but going nowhere. Hmmmm....tranny slipping....already?

So after 8 hours at the dealership, she called to find out status. The Service Tech informed her that they were still working on the car, and would she be able to leave it overnight. She informed them that she needs the vehicle to get to work, so what was wrong with it?

'The technician says you need a NEW TRANSMISSION' WTF????? So I waited until she got home from the dealership, with a loaner Santa Fe. The tech told her that when they dropped the tranny pan, it was filled with 'FOAM'. They think a seal failed, and allowed air to get into the transmission - hence the foam. So they called Hyundai , and were told to go ahead and replace the transmission.

To add insult to injury - I talked her out of buying a Subaru Ascent - why? Because of all the CVT tranny issues they had. So now she is in a loaner, while her car is waiting for a replacement transmision. Not impressed.
Sorry to hear about all the problems you’ve had with your car. Now I’m starting to worry if buying hyundai was a good choice.
!!!!!!!! I am currently going through the exact same thing!!! I talked my wife out of a Subaru Ascent and into a Touring Palisade. Her transmission needs replacing. WTF

·
Registered
4 Posts
!!!!!!!! I am currently going through the exact same thing!!! I talked my wife out of a Subaru Ascent and into a Touring Palisade. Her transmission needs replacing. WTF
P.S we only have 1100 miles on it. It started having issues on our mountain trip and hasn't stopped. It over revs in high and low gear. Like when you are driving a manual transmission and stay on the gas when you change gears. Following a slipping feel in the clutch. I hope for the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Correction Limited Palisade not Touring
Sorry to hear about your tranny issue. Not to add insult to injury - our 'newly replaced' transmission is already beginning to slip. At this point, I hope it keeps doing it, to get the 'lemon law' to kick in. Sucky part of that is - what do you have to look forward to - another one of these? And I'm sure there are many out there who disagree, and have had no issues with their cars. I'm happy for you, and may you never experience these issues with your cars. But if/when you do, know that you were not the first - and most likely not the last.

To Badamdeco, push them hard. These are your hard-earned dollars on the line, make sure you get satisfaction. It doesn't hurt to consult legal advice, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the advice. I live in North Carolina and we have the 3 strikes lemon law so it only takes three things wrong.
Check the fine print - Here it has to be related to the same issue. So in my case, the initial tranny replacement, the slipping replacement, and need one more. Never thought I'd drop $40k and be hoping the damn thing breaks again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, and after the tranny got replaced, we also replaced the windshield....TWICE !!!! IF you don't already have it, check with your insurance about adding glass coverage. Even Safelite wants $1500 to replace and recalibrate all the safety gear.

·
Banned
673 Posts
@Badamdeco Couple ways to get there actually.

• The problem occurs in some part of the vehicle that is covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and you are within the warranty period. It does not need to be something that keeps you from being able to drive the car. For example, faulty air conditioning or peeling paint could be considered defects under the Lemon Law.
  • You tell the manufacturer about the problem in writing and give them a reasonable period, but not more than 15 days, to fix it.
  • The manufacturer makes “a reasonable number of attempts” to fix the vehicle. This means that the car has been repaired for the same problem four or more times, or that it has been out of service a cumulative total of 20 or more business days during a 12 month period of the warranty.
  • The manufacturers’ efforts to fix the vehicle fail. Under the law, they must either replace your car or buy it back. You get to decide between a comparable new car and a refund.
@Slo Good advice on the windshield. Does that also cover recalibration the driving aids? Reason I’m asking is the X7 recalibration is as much as the windshield and not covered under warranty obviously,

1 - 20 of 59 Posts