Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
The built-in meter is much more accurate nowadays, so not a concern. But didn't expect it to be THAT accurate, so great news :).

On a recent long trip, the built in guage on a 2020 Dodge Journey was horribly off target, Almost 15% off. So, not all modern ones are accurate. I'd do it the old fashioned way and compare results before trusting your built-in mpg gauge.

·
Registered
2021 Calligraphy FWD due late April
175 Posts
I never rely on those anyway; they're only for relative comparisons IMO, like we're doing here. Or if you feel your vehicle is drinking more fuel, you can compare what you used to get before. Things like that. What I use, and it's definitely helpful, is the range left when getting low in fuel (which is not common). I fuel up at every stop, since I have to stop anyway, and to justify using the bathrooms, and towels to clean the windshield. You never know what might happen ahead, so better to have excess range, than not enough :). So I rarely run below half tank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just completed a 5600 mile trip from Glendale, AZ to High Point ,NC then to Syracuse, NY back to Glendale
5161 miles of that was Highway miles, which included trips over the 7200 ft. mountains in Flagstaff, AZ
included going thru the Cumberland Gap and thru the Great smoky Mountains.
438 miles were running around in the towns and cities along the way. Including a trip in to the Catskill Mountains
This is in a 2020 Palisade Limited AWD. the overall trip came out to 24.3 miles combined average. Which is
higher than the stated mileage of 24 just on highways. Several days on mainly flat stretches of highway we
got a little over 27 mpg.
Going from AZ to NC we had over 800 lbs. of extra weight in the 2nd and 3rd rows, Just my wife and I.
From NC to NY we had our luggage. My wife and me, Two grown adults weighing over 250 lbs. each
and a great grand daughter who came all the way back to AZ with us for the summer. Two adults stayed in NY
It was better than I expected
That is great! In my 2021 Pali Limited, a trip to the Northern Neck region of southern VA a mix if highway (interstate) and US highways with lights, gave me 29.8 on occasion in Eco mode. Much better than expected and this is with the AC on.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts