Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that if this belt is used properly, you need a key or something like a small screw driver to unlatch the lap belt part of it? In other words that belt has 2 buckles and only the shoulder part uses a standard recepticle with a standard orange release button .

Hope i'm clear on what I'm saying here.

You can see what I'm describing on a youtube video although they show it's use on a Kia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I haven’t sat in that seat, but in our Outlander, the belt would come from the roof point to anchor in that first latch, then be strapped across the passenger and clicked into the receiving buckle. To remove and stow the belt, the first anchor point had a slot that accepted on of the tongues from another seatbelt to release it. I don’t think you want a passenger clicked into a seatbelt that needs an alternate methodology to release it- that sounds like a hazard!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Its not to release it for getting out of seat its to allow the top and bottom part to be separated for storage, at least in my Honda.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone noticed that if this belt is used properly, you need a key or something like a small screw driver to unlatch the lap belt part of it? In other words that belt has 2 buckles and only the shoulder part uses a standard recepticle with a standard orange release button .

Hope i'm clear on what I'm saying here.

You can see what I'm describing on a youtube video although they show it's use on a Kia.
You don't need a key or screwdriver -- you simply use the buckle tongue to disengage the smaller buckle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts