Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had our Palisade Limited for 2 months, and we are very happy with it! One big issue I do have is that the 3rd row / cargo light only comes on when the rear hatch is opened. It is challenging for passengers to access the 3rd row at night time with no light turning on. When you open any of the side doors, only the 1st and 2nd row lights come on and NOT the 3rd row. When all doors are closed, and you open the rear hatch, all the interior lights (1st, 2nd & 3rd row) turn on.

Is there a way to make the cargo light come on when one of the side doors are opened? Could this be fixed with a software update?

·
Registered
8 Posts
That rear light is one of the very few complaints I have. It took me a while to figure out what was going on but since I don't have anybody in the third row I'm not going to worry about it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
lol....i just noticed this today! i was like why are these lights not on when the doors are open, then I looked and it was the back seat motion sensors. Then i looked at the lights for the liftgate and the only options were, on/on when liftgate is open/off...that sux! could have put a couple of lights for the 3rd row!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I doubt I'll ever have anyone in the third row and further doubt that if I do, it would be after dark. LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hyundai Guru - if it's not too much of a chore it'd be very helpful if you could perhaps show how to do this on a you tube video or maybe just a written instruction. I
am sure a lot of folks would be interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok here it goes ,As stated in the message---- I do not take responsibility for any of your actions or anyone else working on your very expensive car, this DIY project and perform this at your own risk and may void your warranty--- to do this you must first disconnect the battery then take off the lower knee bolster to access the backside of the ICU, the ICU is the in panal fuse block , once you see ICU you unclip the front connectors and unbolt it to be to rotate it 180 degrees, once rotated you will see 3 connectors the connector your looking for is ICU-F 32 pins it the smallest connector, unplug it from the ICU, the you'll see pin layout, pin#1 far top left is for the cargo light it's a yellow wire this one you will t tap it then run a small wire to pin #21 brown wire t tap into it, please be very careful because these wires are very small and i will break if they do you can't replace just that connector once done you can reassemble and test, should be working when the doors open and the cargo light is on the middle position it will come on with the doors open

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok here it goes ,As stated in the message---- I do not take responsibility for any of your actions or anyone else working on your very expensive car, this DIY project and perform this at your own risk and may void your warranty--- to do this you must first disconnect the battery then take off the lower knee bolster to access the backside of the ICU, the ICU is the in panal fuse block , once you see ICU you unclip the front connectors and unbolt it to be to rotate it 180 degrees, once rotated you will see 3 connectors the connector your looking for is ICU-F 32 pins it the smallest connector, unplug it from the ICU, the you'll see pin layout, pin#1 far top left is for the cargo light it's a yellow wire this one you will t tap it then run a small wire to pin #21 brown wire t tap into it, please be very careful because these wires are very small and i will break if they do you can't replace just that connector once done you can reassemble and test, should be working when the doors open and the cargo light is on the middle position it will come on with the doors open View attachment 915 View attachment 916
Is there a particular brand of t tap that you’ve had success with? Some can be unreliable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts