Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Palisade have a 3.5mm aux port? Without a CD player I can't play my audio book CD's and next alternative is to connect my cell phone via 3.5mm audio cable and play my CD files from there. I've had no luck ripping the CD book files to a USB stick in a useable form so the USB port would apparently be useless for playing book files.

Ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does the Palisade have a 3.5mm aux port? Without a CD player I can't play my audio book CD's and next alternative is to connect my cell phone via 3.5mm audio cable and play my CD files from there. I've had no luck ripping the CD book files to a USB stick in a useable form so the USB port would apparently be useless for playing book files.

Ideas? Thanks.
Can you rip the CD files to the mp3 format? I then use an audio book app to hear the files. The app treats the mp3 files just like an audio book file. I have an Android cell but iPhone's must have similar apps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you rip the CD files to the mp3 format? I then use an audio book app to hear the files. The app treats the mp3 files just like an audio book file. I have an Android cell but iPhone's must have similar apps.
I used Windows Media Player to "RIP" the CD's to MP3 files and then copied them to my USB stick. Unfortunately for some reason once they are copied to the USB stick the files are placed in a jumbled random order and when played in our cars via the USB port the files are not played in an understandable order. I will try as you suggest, would never have thought to try an audio book app.

Thanks.

PS We don't own a Palisade but would like to consider one while we shop for a new SUV. If we can't get this audio book problem sorted out we will have to find an SUV that still uses some old fashioned technology like 3.5 mm audio cables and CD players. :(

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
If we can't get this audio book problem sorted out we will have to find an SUV that still uses some old fashioned technology like 3.5 mm audio cables and CD players.
If you can play them on your phone with a cable, you should be able to play them on your phone over bluetooth without an issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know where the Sirius module is? Since I don't subscribe to Sirius I was going to splice into the wires coming from the head unit to add a 3.5mm plug. You can then plug any portable music/audio device into it and it will be heard thru the speakers.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited AWD Burgundy/Beige
224 Posts
You guys are going backwards with technology!

Don’t cut any wires! Just buy this $10-$15 dollar bluetooth dongle or something similar.

You can plug it into the lineout of your portable CD player or what ever other dinosaur device you want to use and it will transmit the bluetooth to the Hyundai head unit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you using this yourself? Because I have a 2021 Palisade Limited AWD and the only bluetooth devices that can connect are ones that show devices available to connect with and let you pick the Palisade, like how a phone paring takes place. There is no auto pairing like you experience when you are connecting to a bluetooth speaker. So the only options for using simple devices, like a portable cd player or Ipod is a FM transmitter or finding a way to create an 3.5mm Aux Port. I am going to try this FM transmitter, https://www.amazon.com/JETech-Wireless-Transmitter-Phones-Charger/dp/B00URUJWPW/ref=sr_1_6?crid=20Z8UEB77QURL&dchild=1&keywords=fm+transmitter+3.5mm+jack&qid=1599215416&sprefix=fm+transmitter+3.5mm,aps,251&sr=8-6, so I can use an Ipod and portable CD player but the sound quality maybe lacking so I'm thinking about a Plan B. Plan B would be to add a 3.5mm aux in port from the Sirius module input to the stereo head unit. So I'm trying to find out where the Sirius module is. If it's just behind the glove box that's an easy modification.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am not using it, but it is bluetooth 5.0. I would bet it works, or that there is a similar device that does work.

If it doesn’t work send it back for free.
Amazon is littered with these cheap devices. They will solve the issues above.

Here is an article describing a GoGroove device...exact same thing:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried connecting a Bluetooth V5.0 transmitter cd player and it didn't work. If the bluetooth device doesn't have a screen that allows you to select the bluetooth device, "Palisade", there is no way to connect. Auto pairing doesn't work, the Palisade has to be able to be selected as the to be paired item.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I tried connecting a Bluetooth V5.0 transmitter cd player and it didn't work. If the bluetooth device doesn't have a screen that allows you to select the bluetooth device, "Palisade", there is no way to connect. Auto pairing doesn't work, the Palisade has to be able to be selected as the to be paired item.
I now remember having this issue before too...can’t remember why I needed the BT device, but for the life of me couldn’t get it connected to the head unit...needed to be able to type passphrase 0000! I spent way too much time bouncing around in the rubber room on that one.
....just remembered...was trying to get an Echo device paired!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I added this FM transmitter, Amazon.com: JETech Wireless FM Transmitter Radio Car Kit for Smart Phones Bundle with 3.5mm Audio Plug and Car Charger, Black, and now I can play my IPOD or a portable CD player in my Palisade. The sound is great and its easy, I just leave everything plugged up and select the FM station when I want to hear my Ipod music. One thing I did find is that for some reason my Ipod will not recognize any of the charging ports to charge. The only port it recognizes is the USB data port in the cup holder area. But that port doesn't turn off with the ignition so it powers the Ipod continously. So I bought a longer Ipod cord, Amazon.com: JETech Wireless FM Transmitter Radio Car Kit for Smart Phones Bundle with 3.5mm Audio Plug and Car Charger, Black, and plug in the Ipod charging adapter to the inverted plug in the second row seat console. This way my Ipod is always charging when in use and stops when I switch off the ignition. I bought this portable cd 0layer to use as well, Amazon.com: HOTT CD611 Portable CD Player, Personal Compact CD Player with LCD Display, Anti-Skip/Anti-Shock, Walkman Small Music CD Player with Headphones USB Cable for Car Home Travel (Black): Home Audio & Theater, it sounds great! Now I can listen to my books on cd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts