Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice it when I am on interstate or when braking up to a stop light the most. It sounds like it's coming from the 2nd row seat. I have removed all booster seats and have nothing in any cup holders. And it still does it !!!! It is driving me crazy. This morning I manually shook each seat and arm rest, and of course I can't "make" the sound happen.

I need to have the wife drive and me sit in the back to see if I can pin point it. Between that and the wind noise, it hasn't been a great 1st month so far.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me. Not sure if it was here or another board, but someone recommended that I flip the seat forward and then put it back. I took the booster seat out, flipped it forward and back in place. Never happened again.
Someone recommended greasing the latch point that it may have been missed. I didn't do that but probably will this summer.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exact same thing happened to me. Not sure if it was here or another board, but someone recommended that I flip the seat forward and then put it back. I took the booster seat out, flipped it forward and back in place. Never happened again.
Someone recommended greasing the latch point that it may have been missed. I didn't do that but probably will this summer.

Hope that helps.
Thanks. I will try this as well before I take it in next Thursday!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've had this happen twice, coming from the right side captain's seat in the back. Has only happened immediately after I've had the seat folded down and put it back up. Both times, I adjusted the seat after hearing it and it went away. Seems like it either didn't solidly click in when I folded it back up or I had it adjusted in such a way that it was rubbing on something.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had this happen twice, coming from the right side captain's seat in the back. Has only happened immediately after I've had the seat folded down and put it back up. Both times, I adjusted the seat after hearing it and it went away. Seems like it either didn't solidly click in when I folded it back up or I had it adjusted in such a way that it was rubbing on something.
Yeah. I tried putting them up and slamming them back down and the squeak went away for about 2 days. Then came back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
same issue with mine i have it recorded as well, when i took it to the dealer like all my issues they said we can't duplicate it sorry
please come back when it comes back it is super annoying i noticed it seems mostly on a bumpy road

·
Registered
41 Posts
It happened with me on my second row 40 seat. I readjusted both 60 and 40 splits. Move them up and down, forward and backward. Also, I put paper towel in the gap where two parts of bench seat meet. It's been a week I havent heard squeaking sound again. Let's hope it stays the same way ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
same issue with mine i have it recorded as well, when i took it to the dealer like all my issues they said we can't duplicate it sorry
please come back when it comes back it is super annoying i noticed it seems mostly on a bumpy road

Mine wasn't quite as constant as that, but it was EXACTLY that!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts

Have Service to drive with you on the highway , I am having my front driver seat replaced right now due excess squeaking while driving . They pulled it in the shop and said they could not duplicate the noise and I went to my car and got in and it was squeaking . I made the service tech come out side and drive with me on the highway and they just ordered whole new seat to be replaced .

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had squeaking 2nd row seats. I noticed it when the car was cold (driven in the morning before the temperature had a chance to warm up the car).

I put a little grease in the 2nd row seat tracks and the squeak has never reappeared.

my squeak was easily solved

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Dont use grease take it to the dealership . Hold them liable. You dont get paid to fix problems. TAKE IT TO THE DEALERSHIP PERIOD.
Meh. If a dab of grease solved the problem, why bother taking it to the dealer? You'll burn far more time and energy doing that than just putting a dab of grease on it, even if it is under warranty.

·
Registered
663 Posts
yeah exactly. I have no problem putting on a dab of grease if that saves me the trip to the dealer. Yes, I don't get paid by Hyundai to fix my car's problems, but I bet their service tech's first attempt at fixing the issue would have been to grease the seat tracks.

I enjoy being able to solve little issues on my own, same way I enjoy doing some car maintenance on my own. My squeak has not resurfaced once i put the grease in the seat tracks.

·
Super Moderator
557 Posts
[
yeah exactly. I have no problem putting on a dab of grease if that saves me the trip to the dealer. Yes, I don't get paid by Hyundai to fix my car's problems, but I bet their service tech's first attempt at fixing the issue would have been to grease the seat tracks.

I enjoy being able to solve little issues on my own, same way I enjoy doing some car maintenance on my own. My squeak has not resurfaced once i put the grease in the seat tracks.
Great a little dab will due and think about all the time you saved not taking it to the dealer. I also enjoy fixing it myself this way i know its done right.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Plus FWD (Conven & Premium packages, Moonlight Cloud, light grey leather int)
10 Posts
Sounds like a lot of us are having issues with our second row seats squeaking. Our problem is the bucket seat behind the driver's seat. The squeaking noise indicates that the seat has "unlocked" itself from the fixed leg position and the seat is sliding in the track between lock points. This has happened 16 times, 4 without even a passenger sitting in the seat. I have taken it into Carlsbad Hyundai dealership. They checked it our during our first oil change at approx. 6500 miles, but were not able to replicate the issue. Palisade now has 9800 miles and is in again today, not only for the seat safety concern (MAJOR safety issue if seat is not in locked position and you get into an accident!!!).
Our car is also experiencing A/C glitches. We will have BOTH A/C and Auto buttons off, but the vehicle will randomly begin to pumped cold air conditioned air. Fortunately, it glitched on my drive in to the dealership this morning. After 6 minutes of driving, the A/C mysteriously turned itself on. They tried to tell me that the car will auto adjust its temp, even when the auto button is off. I am not buying this. We have a Lexus with Auto temp feature and the feature only works when you program it to by selecting the button. I pushed back and showed how the issue corrects itself after actually engaging the A/C (pushing button on, then off again). Sure enough, the air temp corrected itself and continue to function at the non-conditioned temp for the remaining 10 minutes we stood there checking in the car. We have also experienced the "sync" button intermittently not communicating with the back row A/C. And we have also noted times when more cold air will be forced through the foot area, when only the icon for blowing on you face is selected. Has anyone else dealt with this?
The third service item is that our leather upholstery pigment was so thin it started to wear-through before we hit 6000 miles on the vehicle (especially driver's seat is already). We have not used ANYTHING to clean it even. You can see the pigment was micro thin. It is not due to abrasion, friction, or carelessness. We are hesitant to clean the seats with the recommended leather cleaner we purchased because the pigment might completely wipe away. Have others noticed their leather was poorly / improperly finished ?
We have noticed more air noise around the door seals and the louder valve noise (started within first month of driving her off the lot). I am really feeling like this first year Palisade was a bad decision. There are too many early defects and the car isn't even a year old yet! We have never purchased through Hyundai and are used to Lexus stellar reputation of recalling known issue. If there is a lemon lawsuit, please contact us. Our Palisade already appears to have issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[

Great a little dab will due and think about all the time you saved not taking it to the dealer. I also enjoy fixing it myself this way i know its done right.
I am excited to see if this works for me. I cant stand creaks and squeaks. I have had the same issue but had not been able to pinpoint it yet. I thought it was creaking glass. Hope it is just a dab.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Plus FWD (Conven & Premium packages, Moonlight Cloud, light grey leather int)
10 Posts
Curious if anyone whose seats are squeaking has checked to see if the seat has disengaged itself from the leg lock position? Our noise comes from the seat sliding between the two nearest leg lock positions, after it randomly works itself free from the lock.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Purchased in March and noticed a squeak two days after purchase.

A little grease in the rails and I’ve never heard a single squeak since.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts