Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have the limited palisade with a 2nd row 60/40 split. On the 60 part not only will the entire seat move back and forth but the recline section will not lock into place either. We essentially have a floating seat. the one touch buttons dont work and the recline lever seems to be stuck down not allowing the recline to lock into place. ive looked all around and underneath and cannot see any issues. no cables disconnected or latches stuck.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
we have the limited palisade with a 2nd row 60/40 split. On the 60 part not only will the entire seat move back and forth but the recline section will not lock into place either. We essentially have a floating seat. the one touch buttons dont work and the recline lever seems to be stuck down not allowing the recline to lock into place. ive looked all around and underneath and cannot see any issues. no cables disconnected or latches stuck.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have Palisade SE (base model) and our 60/40 split 2nd row seat failed on the 2nd time it’s been moved. The 40 split seat was reclined to remove a towel tuck into the seat. Once the towel was removed it would not lock seat back when returned to upright position. Then the seat shifted forward with a loud noise and is now rendered inoperable. Made an appointment with the dealership to have it looked at.

@kass Has your seated been looked at or repaired yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@SarahFaith yes we just had our seat “fixed” the problem was an internal mechanism failure so the entire system that controls the seat including the heat had to be replaced. Unfortunately that part doesn’t exist in North America. We had to wait nearly 6 weeks for it to arrive from Korea. It works but it definitely is not the same. We’re taking it to a different Hyundai dealer to see if there’s anything our first dealer missed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your response.
It’s disappointing to hear they were unable to fix it properly. Our appointment is on Thursday, not feeling to hopeful. I’ll post the response as to how Hyundai dealership proposes to repair the seat after the appointment.

Take Care!

·
Registered
164 Posts
It’s disappointing to hear they were unable to fix it properly. Our appointment is on Thursday, not feeling to hopeful. I’ll post the response as to how Hyundai dealership proposes to repair the seat after the appointment.

Take Care!
Sarah, When you reply to someone's post, after clicking on the reply button just type your response under the last /QUOTE. That way your reply, like mine, will be under the original post.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Plus FWD (Conven & Premium packages, Moonlight Cloud, light grey leather int)
10 Posts
no problem
Have similar issue but with bucket seat in second row...
Sounds like a lot of us are having issues with our second row seats squeaking. Our problem is the bucket seat behind the driver's seat. The squeaking noise indicates that the seat has "unlocked" itself from the fixed leg position and the seat is sliding in the track between lock points. This has happened 16 times, 4 without even a passenger sitting in the seat. I have taken it into Carlsbad Hyundai dealership. They checked it our during our first oil change at approx. 6500 miles, but were not able to replicate the issue. Palisade now has 9800 miles and is in again today, not only for the seat safety concern (MAJOR safety issue if seat is not in locked position and you get into an accident!!!). Really hope they figure it out today. They want to charge me $50 "user error" to evaluate if they can't figure it out. Hmmmm....sounds to me to be a pretty convenient way of blaming the customer for faulty construction and a genuine safety concern. So far, not too impressed with Hyundai's service and warranty. And the vehicle has other problems to boot. Pretty disappointing for the money we invested.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade SEL Plus FWD (Conven & Premium packages, Moonlight Cloud, light grey leather int)
10 Posts

Take Care!
Hi Sarah, Wondering if this was ever truly resolved or if you are still having issues. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts