Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With only a new hundred miles on our new Palisade I went ahead and picked up some covers for the back seats. We have a 9month old that will be behind the passenger seat, and a 60lb Golden retriever that will be in the 3rd row or maybe the other captain chair. In our last car we have a bench 2nd row and it had a full cover. That gave the dog plenty of space even if she did ride in the front more since 1 of us would play with the baby on longer rides. The 3rd row bench just got a regular full seat cover. I did try to find one that was the shortest so the overhang to tuck in wouldn't be to crazy. For the 2nd row seats we picked up the Blank Panther covers from Amazon that many people had suggested. My wife liked the idea that they blended in well with the interior while still offering some protection. I have seen the Perforated leather rip or pull quite easy on another Palisade with dogs in the seats. I would like the seat bottoms on the 2nd row to cover or at least hold in place better but for now they will work as needed.
2nd row covers- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTRHBSV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
3rd row cover- Amazon.com: Dog Car Seat Covers for Back seat, Nonslip Durable Soft Pet Back Seat Bench Covers for Cars Trucks and SUVs, Waterproof Scratchproof Hammock for Dogs Backseat Protection: Automotive

·
Registered
444 Posts
The 2nd row seat covers look great. How does the seat warmers and coolers work with these covers on? Any significant reduction of these functions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2nd row seat covers look great. How does the seat warmers and coolers work with these covers on? Any significant reduction of these functions?
We have not tried either function out yet. I dont think the cooling would work as you are blocking the perforations in the seats, the heat you may be able to feel through the cover. We are not concerned with either though since we have a baby seat in 1 side and the other will be used by the dog more than anyone else.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Manual says not to use the heat or cooling with a cover. The heat will get to hot and break.
I have Kurgo covers and love them. The original bench cover ripped after 5 years and they replaced it even though they didn’t have to - it was really wear and tear not a defect. I kept the old one for my wife’s Santa Fe. I also have a bucket seat cover which I like - they fit great - I just got my Palisade so I’m hoping the bench fits okay in third row. Lastly I have the door covers. They don’t work as well in the Hyundai with the window shade but they do work. My worry about the third row is the dog scratching or puncturing the sides - I’m not sure the door covers would work - we’ll see -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts