Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
673 Posts
What tires did you go with? I went with Lionhart LH-5’s and I’ve been VERY pleased. Quiet on the highway, good wet traction and a 30K mile warranty. Not bad for under $550 a set. 275/40/22 F and 305/35/22.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with Nankang crosssport. They are. 50k mile tire and great all around performance. Prices at like $620 will have to see how they sound just got them but so far seem pretty quiet

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got grille off eBay but I just recently saw it on amazon but haven’t seen it in black like I have it. And wheels are savini sv-f2 wheels 22” graphite

Painting calipers blue as we speak. Hopefully be done with it later on today if I don’t keep getting pulled away every twenty minutes due to kids. Just something subtle not to eye catching. Just wanted something slightly different.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m doing a four part process. Primer, VHT blue, duplicolor metal speck, then three coats clear. They seem to be coming out pretty well. The purpose really of the metal speck is to give it a little extra as the black paint on car has metal flake in it. I honestly won’t know how it truly looks until tomorrow as I’m not quite done on other side. Pruning it now but passenger side is done.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well it’s done. Not my best work and to be honest I’m not sure it will stay long term. Even after sitting for 10hrs it seemed to already want to chip but I’ll leave it until it comes off and then try G2 or something else. Or go back to stock if it comes off that easily. Overall though not to bad.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is that metal speck paint a high temp paint?
It’s made for vehicle. It’s not high temp per say but it was more to give the blue a little more dimension. The high temp clear will seal it all in and both primer and base blue is high temp.

·
Banned
673 Posts
It looks good and let’s be honest, it’s behind an awesome looking wheel so it’s more for you than anyone else. I’m glad you went with blue as I just think it looks classy where red or yellow are just trying too hard on an SUV. I’m waiting for some M decals to arrive before I do mine. My BMW’s front calipers are surprisingly beefy looking. The rears.....not so much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Those are the best looking 22" rims i have seen thus far. Nice job.

Have you done anything since to the rest of the chrome around windows or the rear? My wife wanted Telluride b/c of the Nightfall package but they are impossible to get hold off and get good deal on. Trying to convince her we could get deal on Pallisade and put savings into 22" + Chrome Delete and actually have a nicer ride.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those are the best looking 22" rims i have seen thus far. Nice job.

Have you done anything since to the rest of the chrome around windows or the rear? My wife wanted Telluride b/c of the Nightfall package but they are impossible to get hold off and get good deal on. Trying to convince her we could get deal on Pallisade and put savings into 22" + Chrome Delete and actually have a nicer ride.
Hows this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, windows, lower door trim, rear trim around reverse lights were wrapped. Lower bumper on front and rear were painted. Door handles painted as well. I think if I were to do it again. I might do a really high gloss carbon fiber wrap on lower parts of front and rear bumper and possibly window trim as well. May still do it but for now I’m good

·
Registered
20 Posts
Man looks sharp.. Hyundai missing boat here by not offering a blackout option like Telluride and other SUV makers. Looks like a totally different truck with a few of these tweaks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I almost got those same style rims before getting the ones I have. Those actually look a lot better than I thought they would. The ones I was looking at though were from a different brand but these look clean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I almost got those same style rims before getting the ones I have. Those actually look a lot better than I thought they would. The ones I was looking at though were from a different brand but these look clean.
Yeah I almost put ones close to your on too but they reminded me of the original wheels and I went with little more open. Both our options are awesome regardless lol.”

1 - 20 of 20 Posts