Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
23’ XRT
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sent eTrailer.com a message asking when they might have the hitch that fits in behind the bumper on a 2023 Palisade.

This was their response: We are still waiting on the hitch and wiring fits for the 23’ Palisade to be released. Hopefully will get them before October but I do not know for sure.

Customer service rep Jamison C

· Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy
6 Posts
I ordered the 7 pin wiring kit from Hyundai (in Canada) it it came in about 4 days. Part number S8F67 AC800. It was $200 plus tax just for the part. I just finished installing it. So the 2023 is prewired for the hitch with a 8 pin connector, that looks just like the one on previous years, but it's in a different spot. You have to remove the trunk tray and then look under the driver side luggage panel. You have to connect the wiring harness to that, then cut a hole in the grommet to send the trailer hitch wire down to where the hitch is. You also have to wire up a little control module and ground it. It was all way easier than I thought. The liner came out easy and the panels all popped off without much fuss. The instructions that come with it are really good. The kit also comes with a harness that installs in the dash by the fuse panel for a brake controller. I don't have one though so I didn't install that.

This is what it looks like with the trunk tray removed (right is front of vehicle). The grommet is in the top right. You can see where I cut it to run the wire through it. You can also see the corner of the white pre-wiring harness to the right of it. Not sure why they hid it there, it would be way easier to access if it was just left in that panel underneath the car. The control module is on the left.
Trunk Electrical wiring Vehicle door Auto part Wire

The kit didn't use the wiring harness that is located tucked up under the bumper, so I'm still not sure what that is for. See below.
Automotive lighting Netbook Gesture Bumper Vehicle door

· Registered
55 Posts
Thank you for the info. Unfortunately the local dealer says that is an invalid part number. Did not realize they would be different between CA and US. Could you post a pic of the instructions for removing the tray. I took the screws loose but it is still in there tight. Do not want to force anything and break it.

· Registered
23 Posts
I ordered the 7 pin wiring kit from Hyundai (in Canada) it it came in about 4 days. Part number S8F67 AC800. It was $200 plus tax just for the part. I just finished installing it. So the 2023 is prewired for the hitch with a 8 pin connector, that looks just like the one on previous years, but it's in a different spot. You have to remove the trunk tray and then look under the driver side luggage panel. You have to connect the wiring harness to that, then cut a hole in the grommet to send the trailer hitch wire down to where the hitch is. You also have to wire up a little control module and ground it. It was all way easier than I thought. The liner came out easy and the panels all popped off without much fuss. The instructions that come with it are really good. The kit also comes with a harness that installs in the dash by the fuse panel for a brake controller. I don't have one though so I didn't install that.

This is what it looks like with the trunk tray removed (right is front of vehicle). The grommet is in the top right. You can see where I cut it to run the wire through it. You can also see the corner of the white pre-wiring harness to the right of it. Not sure why they hid it there, it would be way easier to access if it was just left in that panel underneath the car. The control module is on the left.
View attachment 7676
The kit didn't use the wiring harness that is located tucked up under the bumper, so I'm still not sure what that is for. See below.
View attachment 7677
I have been told over and over the previous years connector is not the same I have actually returned a few as well. I have been all around and under and in this thing including taking the back apart inside and have not seen any connector like that. In your top picture, where is the connection for the harness? Thanks!!!

· Registered
23 Posts
I have been told over and over the previous years connector is not the same I have actually returned a few as well. I have been all around and under and in this thing including taking the back apart inside and have not seen any connector like that. In your top picture, where is the connection for the harness? Thanks!!!
Actually, I see it now. The harness I found there was so far down in there I could not even get it. Will work on it again tomorrow. Thanks!!!!!!!!

· Registered
23 Posts
I checked my XRT and it is there. I wonder what the difference in the new harness and the old one is?
What do you mean difference? Sounds like there are 2 connection points, 1 under the bumper that has not been made yet, and one that uses the same connection as previous years inside under the back luggage are. The one under the bumper is the long one where the one under the cargo area is more square. Use aftermarket harness. Then no recall worries.

· Registered
55 Posts
Since they have different part numbers I assumed there is a difference in the harness from 2022 to 2023. Probably just changes to the module so it is more waterproof and moved to a drier location. It appears the plug behind the bumper is not used, since CanadianBacon installed in the 7 pin without it. I am assuming everything is working correctly.

· Registered
23 Posts
Since they have different part numbers I assumed there is a difference in the harness from 2022 to 2023. Probably just changes to the module so it is more waterproof and moved to a drier location. It appears the plug behind the bumper is not used, since CanadianBacon installed in the 7 pin without it. I am assuming everything is working correctly.
Hoping to dig into it again this week. Will post.

· Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy
6 Posts
Just to confirm, the pre-wired plug adapter on the 2023 is different than previous years. You need to get a kit speficially for a 2023 like I did. Here's the new adapter compared to the old...

New
Font Parallel Engineering Paper Diagram

old
Hood Motor vehicle Yellow Automotive lighting Finger

My system is working fine and did not use that unknown adapter under back bumper. Still no idea what that is for.

· Registered
23 Posts
Just to confirm, the pre-wired plug adapter on the 2023 is different than previous years. You need to get a kit speficially for a 2023 like I did. Here's the new adapter compared to the old...

New View attachment 7690

old
View attachment 7691

My system is working fine and did not use that unknown adapter under back bumper. Still no idea what that is for.
What part or parts do I need to order for the 2023?

· Registered
55 Posts
Just got back from dealer and they have no more information on when harness/hitch will be available. They cannot even look up part number S8F67-AC800.
But when tech was looking at info for wiring and such he does have the updated information for where the harness plug is on the 23. Right where CanadianBacon info showed it to be. And it is a different plug from 22. Did learn something though. The diagram for the 22 plug showed wires for brakes/lights/turnsignals/brake lights, etc. Like most wiring has. The diagram for the new plug shows wire for brake current/ground/etc, but no wires for lights. It has CAN bus wires. So that new module (which is much bigger than the previous one) must have the smarts for communication on the CAN bus and picks up info for lights/signals from that. And then generates the proper output on the wires to the trailer plug.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts