Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone heard anymore for Hyundai or a dealer about the status of the harness and hitch? The lack of information is getting ridiculous. I mean continuing to advertise the car as able to tow 5000 pounds is bordering on false advertising at this point.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
I got my 2023 Calligraphy in September and itt didn't come with the hitch as ordered. The salesman said he would notify me when the hiches are available, but haven't heard anything yet. The dealer sent me an email sayng they could install one when available for $785. It was $475 from the factory installed and should have come on the vehicle as ordered. I sent an email to Hyundai Customer service and stated my disappointment in their support on the issue and that I have missed several months of being able to trailer anything, especially my fishing boat. I asked if they would in good faith pay the difference in the hitch being installed by the dealer since they failed in their responsibility to provide it when ordered and they blew me off, saying they couldn't do that. And the hitches are still not available! Guess they really don't care much about us customers once they have our money! Some customer service to loyal customers! I hope Curt comes out with an aftermarket hitch soon so I can buy fro them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been back and forth with customer service also. I am about ready to file a complaint with FTC about false advertising. Unlike ordering the hitch, everything I can find to read says the XRT comes standard with the hitch and harness. So I don't see how they can not supply a part that was listed as being standard.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got my 2023 Calligraphy in September and itt didn't come with the hitch as ordered. The salesman said he would notify me when the hiches are available, but haven't heard anything yet. The dealer sent me an email sayng they could install one when available for $785. It was $475 from the factory installed and should have come on the vehicle as ordered. I sent an email to Hyundai Customer service and stated my disappointment in their support on the issue and that I have missed several months of being able to trailer anything, especially my fishing boat. I asked if they would in good faith pay the difference in the hitch being installed by the dealer since they failed in their responsibility to provide it when ordered and they blew me off, saying they couldn't do that. And the hitches are still not available! Guess they really don't care much about us customers once they have our money! Some customer service to loyal customers! I hope Curt comes out with an aftermarket hitch soon so I can buy fro them.
Did they deduct the price (475) from the list price when it showed up?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Did they deduct the price (475) from the list price when it showed up?
They asked me if I wanted to pay the $475 when I picked it up and I asked if I were to do that, would they install the hitch and harness free when available. They said "NO", so had them deduct the $475 before paid. I continued to ask the dealer if they would cover it, but they also said "NO". Not a happy second time buyer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know the stealth hitches are not cheap but for those interested I did inquire of Stealth Hitches and they have confirmed that their existing hitch from the 2022 model and prior will fit, however they are still working on the wiring which doesn't work from last year's model. They seem to believe they will have a solution soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
From the bottom of Hyundai's page *EPA estimates for comparison. Your actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, and vehicle's condition. Some accessories are not available on some models. While the information contained in this website was correct at time of publishing, specifications and equipment can change. Hyundai reserves the right to change product specifications and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Some vehicles are shown with optional equipment. Specifications apply to U.S. vehicles only. Please contact your Hyundai dealer for current vehicle specifications.

·
Premium Member
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
530 Posts
Given that there is still (?) no hitch with the offset required to fit the bumper cutout on the 2023's it would appear to be an engineering problem. Easy to design on paper, but if it won't pass stress testing the design is dead.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently bit the bullet and purchased a Curt hitch for my 2023 Palisade Calligraphy, because I have an end of year trip that requires a bike rack. I felt I had no choice. There was no info was forthcoming on a potential fix for the recall. Since my primary application doesn't involve towing, I decided against installing the wiring accessory for now.

The Curt unit cost me about $400 including install from a local trailer company (without electronics). The only downside is it sits below the bumper, instead of inside of it (like the OEM hitch supposedly does).

Once the fix is announced by Hyundai, I'll decide whether to swap it out for the new OEM hitch solution.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
I recently bit the bullet and purchased a Curt hitch for my 2023 Palisade Calligraphy, because I have an end of year trip that requires a bike rack. I felt I had no choice. There was no info was forthcoming on a potential fix for the recall. Since my primary application doesn't involve towing, I decided against installing the wiring accessory for now.

The Curt unit cost me about $400 including install from a local trailer company (without electronics). The only downside is it sits below the bumper, instead of inside of it (like the OEM hitch supposedly does).

Once the fix is announced by Hyundai, I'll decide whether to swap it out for the new OEM hitch solution.
It is just unbelievable and inexcusable that they can't even give us some explanation or ETA for the new hitch and wiring harness!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was notified today my Calligraphy is in and ready to pick up. I sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy this vehicle. The Jeep has a very nice hidden hitch and a cover to go over it when not in use. Very nice. But, I have a long drive to Canada that requires I have a hitch and this forum has made me furious. I'm a compliance officer by trade and have already written to the FTC about the sales practices described here. I was told point blank my vehicle would have a hidden hitch and it would be hidden behind the middle bumper panel, including 7 and 4 pin connectors. So, since no one here seems to know if that's happening tomorrow or in 5 years I assume I was lied to....and that's ridiculous. Shame on Hyundai and I may refuse delivery....make someone else's day who isn't expecting a tow hitch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was notified today my Calligraphy is in and ready to pick up. I sold my Jeep Grand Cherokee to buy this vehicle. The Jeep has a very nice hidden hitch and a cover to go over it when not in use. Very nice. But, I have a long drive to Canada that requires I have a hitch and this forum has made me furious. I'm a compliance officer by trade and have already written to the FTC about the sales practices described here. I was told point blank my vehicle would have a hidden hitch and it would be hidden behind the middle bumper panel, including 7 and 4 pin connectors. So, since no one here seems to know if that's happening tomorrow or in 5 years I assume I was lied to....and that's ridiculous. Shame on Hyundai and I may refuse delivery....make someone else's day who isn't expecting a tow hitch.

Did you file an official complaint with the FTC? I am planning on doing that because of the misrepresentation of towing ability of the car. Maybe if enough people do that Hyundai will actually put out some information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It is just unbelievable and inexcusable that they can't even give us some explanation or ETA for the new hitch and wiring harness!
I agree, but I am fairly happy with the Curt hitch solution. It doesn't look bad. As I understand the OEM, the center section of the rear bumper would be replaced with a black rubber section that incorporates the hitch. The Curt hitch shown in photo below sits below the bumper and is relatively hidden. The advantage is a better looking rear bumper; the disadvantage being it sits lower, which might not be ideal for towing.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

101 - 120 of 125 Posts