Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
The hitch is different. It sits higher in the bumper giving more ground clearance. The bumper cover has a removable cover and the new hitch has a different cover that goes around the hitch with a built in 7 w8re connector. But yes it uses the same 8 bolt holes on the frame.
If you want to wait. Any previous hitch will work. It does sit lower as you said though but so far has worked just fine. Might swap out next year and put the concealed factory one on but was not waiting as my window to use my SeaDoo is limited in NJ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The hitch is different. It sits higher in the bumper giving more ground clearance. The bumper cover has a removable cover and the new hitch has a different cover that goes around the hitch with a built in 7 w8re connector. But yes it uses the same 8 bolt holes on the frame.
Wiring is pissing me off though because can't go far without trailer lights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my Palisade XRT last week and was told that the tow receiver is standard on the XRT's. Now I am not sure if the wiring has both a flat 4 or 7 pin connector. The dealer wasn't sure as well. All I know is they are for sure confident that XRT comes standard with a tow hitch package. So we'll know in about 3 weeks. Unless others know how the wiring came installed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just took my 2023 Palisade SEL to U-Haul to install trailer hitch and wiring. They installed the hitch but said they looked everywhere but could not find the wiring connector, so they claim my car was not factory pre-wired. Anyone else has this issue?

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
451 Posts
I just took my 2023 Palisade SEL to U-Haul to install trailer hitch and wiring. They installed the hitch but said they looked everywhere but could not find the wiring connector, so they claim my car was not factory pre-wired. Anyone else has this issue?
Oh.. it's prewired alright but it "seems" Hyundai has terminated it (the wiring harness) with a proprietary connector that Curt and similar outfits have not yet included in their kits. Perhaps, like the hitch itself the market is too small to accommodate the new design.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called the parts department at Hyundai. The guy said Hyundai was having some issues and the wiring harness is not available at this time. They don’t even have a part number assigned because there are none anywhere. He thought it would probably be beginning of next year.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called the parts department at Hyundai. The guy said Hyundai was having some issues and the wiring harness is not available at this time. They don’t even have a part number assigned because there are none anywhere. He thought it would probably be beginning of next year.
Giot the same thing, There is a Universal one that clips over wires and no spicing but it is pricey and not sure how good it is. Got the same answer as you from other manufacturers as well. eTrailer swore they had the right one and I told them they were wrong and they swore it was for a 2023 and it arrived and wrong one. Epic failure by Hyundai. I am lucky that my boating season just ended and they have 6 months to get something together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did anyones XRT come with a hitch installed. In the description of the XRT at every dealer website I have gone to the description says it comes with a class 3 hitch and wiring? Has anyone talked to their dealer about this discrepancy? I will be calling dealer and hyundai customer support tomorrow about this.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts