Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
No offense, but you're in the minority. The vast majority of people hated the tubes, as you can see if you browse Hyundai forums all over the net. It takes up screen real estate for no purpose. The new layout makes the song info more visible. And most people want to order their presets by order of preference, not what the system decides. It's not possible to satisfy everyone, unfortunately.

I don't know why your local map data is incorrect. No map provider is 100% perfect, not even Google. You can report map errors here: Hyundai Mapcare | Customer Login

HD radio no longer provides weather data. It's done through Bluelink now. I think you still get the doppler radar pic through HD radio, but the weather widget is internet-based for sure. As to traffic, if you use the nav, it uses Bluelink as well and can re-route you dynamically while driving. I've experienced it several times, including in the middle of nowhere, where no HD radio was likely available. Recently, it even prompted me to explain that the traffic conditions have changed, which is new.

What blind spot info do you want on the gauge cluster? The icon showing you that there's someone in your blind spot? The one that lights up in the mirrors and HUD? I mean, I guess, but why? It's already plenty visible where your eyes should be, which is not the gauge cluster if you're trying to change lanes (one reason I find the blind spot video feeds gimmicky: the last place I am looking at when changing lanes is the gauge cluster).
Kia had the tube thing for years, Hyundai just simply borrowed it from Kia. On a 12” screen I don’t know how much other radio info people really want. I don’t know why Hyundai decided randomly to add it just to immediately remove it. Kia has an awesome “dynamic gauge” themed option on their gauge cluster that shows real time weather and time of day effects. It’s gimmickry but much cooler than Hyundai’s “cubes”. A little imagination would go a long way.

That’s great to hear they’ve moved on to BlueLink from HD weather and traffic. GM has something similar but is only free for 3 months and cost like $50 a month.

The blind spot info I want is what is on the Ionic 5 and EV6 gauge displays. Without moving your head or turning on your blinker to show the blind spot cameras, it just shows a graphical representation of the traffic around you. So you can look straight ahead and see there’s cars on either lane beside you as well has in front of you. All traffic is seen in one spot without turning your head Basically the same thing the HUD is showing on 2023’s only on the gauge display that’s visible at anytime of day.

Hyundai’s HUD is phased in the wrong direction for polarized glasses so it disappears unless you tilt your head 90 degrees. On other cars the phasing is corrected so that with polarized glasses you can see the HUD but it disappears if you tilt your head 90 degrees. Since I doubt Hyundai has fixed the HUD, I’d like to at least have the same information on the gauges. Since they already provide that info on other cars made in 2022-2023, it doesn’t make sense to keep the same old gauge display when updated versions are on other Hyundai/ Kia vehicles

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone had a new over the air update to the software or maps yet ?
Are the Radio tubes gone ?
I have a 2020 and I did the full update without realizing it. I only wanted to up date maps. Anyway, it took forever. No tubes and I did have version the latest available April 2022. I was told it is version 16. I did not do over the air. I downloaded the software via USB. BTW, I do not like it. Wish I still had the old original that came on my 2020 Limited. With the 3 Split screen. It has USER1 USER2 GUEST, doesn't really mean anything because it does not interact with the seat adjustment buttons. I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU DO THE UPDATE UNLESS YOU CAN'T STAND THE RADIO TUBES. I like the original that came on my 2020. Anyway, I would suggest you wait till the next update. The only reason I would ever do an update again is if the 3 Spilt screen came back and now I will just use maps on my phone!

Update to my post: 9/20/22 I found out today that the lane change assist, if you do not have your blinker on and you drift in the lane the "Haptic" is gone. Annoying BEEP sound is now the only choice.

·
Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy AWD Sierra Burgundy with Beige/Blue Interior
5 Posts
I hope the radio tubes stay. It’s the most attractive part of the infotainment system.
I kinda wish they’d carry that theme as a gauge cluster option.
I kind of like the Nixie tubes as well. I've always wanted a Nixie tube clock on my desk. You can find them with a search online, but they aren't cheap. Since they aren't liked by everyone, I think it would be awesome if they just made it a theme you could choose or not choose based on your preference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I kind of like the Nixie tubes as well. I've always wanted a Nixie tube clock on my desk. You can find them with a search online, but they aren't cheap. Since they aren't liked by everyone, I think it would be awesome if they just made it a theme you could choose or not choose based on your preference.
I just checked out those clocks. I love it, but yeah those are expensive.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts