Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
HK is 80% just marketing, they're not going to make special headunits. My 10 day old 2023 also had the screen fail, they diagnosed and put the order in today. It was black/blank no matter what, reset button doesn't work, battery disconnect doesn't work. Although very strangely if I use the remote park assist, the screen comes on with the camera views, but after that nothing.

· Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2023 palisade calligraphy and the radio 'app' has stopped working as well. it's currently on the latest firmware, which i believe was released in nov 2022.

the physical radio and media buttons don't respond. going into the radio app from the touch screen doesn't respond either. i've already done a factory reset of the headunit and pulled the negative cable from the battery. i have an appointment scheduled with the dealer in a few weeks, but expecting a new radio needed based on previous posts.

· Registered
23 Posts
Similar issue. Radio screen won't come up. Right third of screen blinks on and off. Map screen will come up, then can scroll to radio or Sirius/XM on right third of screen. Screen says Sirius is "setting up" and says it is on channel 0 but it is actually playing the last channel selected. With Sirius in the right screen can change channels with the seek/track buttons below but not on steering wheel. Dealer says they've seen this before, and not only on Palisades. New head unit on order.

· Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
1,042 Posts
Similar issue. Radio screen won't come up. Right third of screen blinks on and off. Map screen will come up, then can scroll to radio or Sirius/XM on right third of screen. Screen says Sirius is "setting up" and says it is on channel 0 but it is actually playing the last channel selected. With Sirius in the right screen can change channels with the seek/track buttons below but not on steering wheel. Dealer says they've seen this before, and not only on Palisades. New head unit on order.
Try installing or re-installing the October update. There are several on here who had the same issue and they said it fixed their problem.

· Registered
191 Posts
I had the same exact problem and symptoms. Head unit still on order. I had installed the October update and that did not fix it. But I downloaded the latest version and it did fix the problem. It did tell me the same version of audio was already installed but I said reinstall it.

· Registered
2020 Limited in Moonlight Cloud
12 Posts
I had the same exact problem and symptoms. Head unit still on order. I had installed the October update and that did not fix it. But I downloaded the latest version and it did fix the problem. It did tell me the same version of audio was already installed but I said reinstall it.
Reinstalling the the update did not fix mine. I tried to reinstall the latest FW version and so did the service shop. Neither one made a difference. It is always worth a shot though.

· Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
503 Posts
Reinstalling the the update did not fix mine. I tried to reinstall the latest FW version and so did the service shop. Neither one made a difference. It is always worth a shot though.
You certain you installed the latest release from a week ago? What’s your current software version? Is it the one from 02/03/23? That’s the one that has fixed the radio bug.

· Registered
2020 Limited in Moonlight Cloud
12 Posts
You certain you installed the latest release from a week ago? What’s your current software version? Is it the one from 02/03/23? That’s the one that has fixed the radio bug.
My unit was replace before 02/03. The failure occurred in December. I hadn't seen a new version last time I checked. I just looked at the update site and it only has an October update listed. I do not see a February release.

· Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
503 Posts
My unit was replace before 02/03. The failure occurred in December. I hadn't seen a new version last time I checked. I just looked at the update site and it only has an October update listed. I do not see a February release.
The currently available version of the October 2022 navigation system update was just re-released last week to fix this bug. If you check the version numbers on the update site, you can see that the date has incremented to 230203. If you download it today via the navigation updater program, that's the version you'll get.

If you are experiencing this bug, I would highly recommend downloading and installing this newest version. It is the fix. It works.

· Super Moderator
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
1,042 Posts
The newest version to fix the radio is LX2_PE.USA.S5W_M.V009.001.230203
Here is the website:

· Registered
2021 Moonlight Cloud Palisade Sel Premium
332 Posts
They didn't change the date on the site but the update has changed.. You'll see the date changes in the software...

· Registered
2023 Palisade XRT
6 Posts
I'm glad I rechecked this thread. I brought my '23 in for its first dealer service at 7600 miles on Feb 3 and noticed that my radio was dead afterwards - no AM/FM/SXM. After 3 hours they gave up trying to fix with resets/reboots and said I needed a new AV head unit. I'm still waiting for that a month later. I even filed a complaint with Hyundai consumer affairs. They say it's due in next week. I did try reloading the Oct software from my USB stack - no difference. But thanks to posters here I tried the 230203 version. All good now. I wonder how many AV heads have been replaced needlessly.

· Registered
3 Posts
My radio stopped functioning about 4 weeks ago. I have been getting by using Android Auto and music via USB. Today was the first time I could have it looked at while the car was in for scheduled service.

They are ordering a replacement unit.
Y
I'm glad I rechecked this thread. I brought my '23 in for its first dealer service at 7600 miles on Feb 3 and noticed that my radio was dead afterwards - no AM/FM/SXM. After 3 hours they gave up trying to fix with resets/reboots and said I needed a new AV head unit. I'm still waiting for that a month later. I even filed a complaint with Hyundai consumer affairs. They say it's due in next week. I did try reloading the Oct software from my USB stack - no difference. But thanks to posters here I tried the 230203 version. All good now. I wonder how many AV heads have been replaced needlessly.
My radio stopped functioning about 4 weeks ago. I have been getting by using Android Auto and music via USB. Today was the first time I could have it looked at while the car was in for scheduled service.

They are ordering a replacement unit.

· Registered
3 Posts
2023 Palisade Calligraphy with 5,000 miles had the same issue. The screen when blank on and for a few days then the radio stopped working. When I pushed radio it stayed on the same channel and couldn’t connect to SXM. Took it the dealer and they ordered a new radio. I found this forum and ordered the 02/2023 software and map updater and it worked like a charm. Completely resolved. The dealer argued that this would not resolve it.

· Premium Member
2023Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Finally had my radio replaced after almost 4 months. It was frustrating waiting on the delivery without open communication from the dealer.

I finally got attention from weekly calls to corporate. I am grateful that I will have it for our next road trip.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts