Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is up with the 2023 Palisade Calligraphy sound system? Compared to the 2020 Limited, it sounds terrible. The bass is pretty much non-existent, can't even tell if it has a subwoofer, and the midrange isn't very good either.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
404 Posts
Go in the menu and adjust the sound, if you need more base turn on Bass Boost.
Sounds like adjustments are off, or maybe you have quiet mode turned on
There is no bass boost on the 2023, based on reports from everyone who has one. It sounds like there are some software changes that need to be made and hopefully will come with a future update for these cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm scheduled to bring mine in the shop next week after a 1 month wait to get in. If the software update isn't done, I'm guessing they are going to be scratching their heads with the rest of us, but YES the sound is TERRIBLE!!! Definitely not the quality of a $50K+ car!!

·
Administrator
2,616 Posts
There is no bass boost on the 2023, based on reports from everyone who has one. It sounds like there are some software changes that need to be made and hopefully will come with a future update for these cars.
Good to know about the bass boost no longer in 2023.
I'm still waiting for mine. I requested the one we wanted end of march.
Problem is there have been no AWD sent to Arizona yet and we want
a White/beige HTRAC.
Hyundai must think we don't get snow in Arizona. In order to get where we go
there is the mountian at Flagstaff and it is over 7000ft. lots of snow in winter
If we go up to the lodge at Snow Bowl that is 11000 ft.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know what is up with the 2023 Palisade Calligraphy sound system? Compared to the 2020 Limited, it sounds terrible. The bass is pretty much non-existent, can't even tell if it has a subwoofer, and the midrange isn't very good either.
Here I've been thinking it was just me being really picky about the sound. Not only does it sound bad but it doesn't get anywhere near as loud as my '20 did. I really hope this is something that will be fixed when the software update comes out, I was mad enough when I found out the '23 doesn't have wireless Android Auto I really don't want to be stuck with a crappy sound system for the next couple years on top of that.

·
Registered
2023 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy
32 Posts
Have you tried Quantum Sound? And I tweaked the tone (Treble, Mid, and Bass) to amp it up a bit. For me, the 2021 Calligraphy I had and the new 2023 I have are the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I messed with it some today and I was able to get it sounding a little better. It’s not terrible, just not great. The source may also change the quality some. XM vs Radio vs Bluetooth. I’ll play with it some more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my 2023 white/beige calligraphy. I was concerned about the sound system prior to getting it because of the bad reviews.
I was pleasantly surprised. It is plenty loud and clear. I did have a Bose in my 2015 Corvette which is obviously way better. Although I am very happy with this system. I also agree with the above; mess with the quantum surround, base, treble, and fader on infotainment

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even the sound through a phone call is terrible. I can barely hear the person talking to me. Any issues with setting up your blue link?

·
Registered
2023 Calligraphy - Burgundy/Black
34 Posts
For me, I have the Lexicon system in my 15 Genesis that is pretty close to perfect as car stereo's get. Our 23 Calligraphy I've noticed doesn't get super loud volume, but it at least stays clear and distortion free. For my tastes, I've turned on the Quantum Logic Surround (not usually a fan of fake surround, but it actually changes the tone and "fills" the car better IMHO) and set the treble to +2, mids to +4 and bass to +7. Adding more bass tipped it into sounding too muddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
LACK OF SOUND in the 23 Palisade. By advise from Hyundai engineers, I waited a month to get it into my dealer as they are the ONLY ones who can fix it. After several hours of looking into it, the service writer told me the only answer they have is to install the 4/22 update link, with is only approved on the 20-22 models. He said this is a customer only fix, and if I wanted them to do it, it would cost $250 labor. When I explained that it’s out of date, he said, well you can try it and see, but it the system erases and won’t improve, I’m SCREWED! Gee thanks Hyundai!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I traded in my 2022 Limited for a 2023 Calligraphy and there are some things I like but there are more things I hate compared to my 2022. If I had known ahead of time I would have stayed with my 2022. I feel the same as far as the sound system something about my 2023 is off and I've gone through all the settings. It just doesn't sound as good as my 2022 or my 2020 did. One of the main reasons I got it was for the WIFI connect also and I've had the vehicle for over a month and they just got the WIFI to work BUT.... I connect my phone, or iPad and it will not stream because the connection is so slow. I have a MiFi and when I turn it own it works fine in the car. I also have a 2022 Santa Fe and Hyundai took the same display settings and put it in the 2023... Personally the 2020 - 2022 display had more. Anyways back to the sound yes it does sound terrible compared to the 2022. I'm so disappointed

·
Registered
9 Posts
I traded in my 2022 Limited for a 2023 Calligraphy and there are some things I like but there are more things I hate compared to my 2022. If I had known ahead of time I would have stayed with my 2022. I feel the same as far as the sound system something about my 2023 is off and I've gone through all the settings. It just doesn't sound as good as my 2022 or my 2020 did. One of the main reasons I got it was for the WIFI connect also and I've had the vehicle for over a month and they just got the WIFI to work BUT.... I connect my phone, or iPad and it will not stream because the connection is so slow. I have a MiFi and when I turn it own it works fine in the car. I also have a 2022 Santa Fe and Hyundai took the same display settings and put it in the 2023... Personally the 2020 - 2022 display had more. Anyways back to the sound yes it does sound terrible compared to the 2022. I'm so disappointed
What size amplifier is in your 2022? I think the 2023 is a 600 amp.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally I don't think the sound quality of the 2022 Calligraphy is really that great. The bass is way to boomy. I don't even use the bass boost. I guess it depends on what genre of music you listen too. For hard rock / metal it's awful.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts