Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
441 - 460 of 492 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yikes! I used a personal check for mine, I wasn't expecting the dealer to accept it, but they did. Notified my bank about the large check. My bank (large bank) then called a few days later and gave me 2 hours to call back to confirm I wrote that check... otherwise they'd cancel it and freeze my account. Of course, I got the message 3 hours after they left it. o_O

Fortunately (in this case) they let the check through... confirmed the next day. But I was sweating what the dealer was going to do if they thought the check bounced... didn't want cops showing up to take the car back lol.

Lesson learned: always finance, even if you're just going to pay it off immediately. Car deals are built around assuming financing.
Awesome for you to be able to do it that way. Being debt free is the way to go. I hate having to finance this car, but I just don't have the cash on hand to plunk it down. I'll be making massive payments to get it paid off as quickly as possible.

You can always go the cashier's check route!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yikes! I used a personal check for mine, I wasn't expecting the dealer to accept it, but they did. Notified my bank about the large check. My bank (large bank) then called a few days later and gave me 2 hours to call back to confirm I wrote that check... otherwise they'd cancel it and freeze my account. Of course, I got the message 3 hours after they left it. o_O

Fortunately (in this case) they let the check through... confirmed the next day. But I was sweating what the dealer was going to do if they thought the check bounced... didn't want cops showing up to take the car back lol.

Lesson learned: always finance, even if you're just going to pay it off immediately. Car deals are built around assuming financing.
I did the same thing Billy, although my (large) bank would not accept my pre approval of the transaction. They stated it would go through the same security checks once cashed/deposited and would contact if any concerns.

Before agreeing to a finance deal though you should always check the terms of the loan. Some banks have stipulations that you can not payoff the balance until making at least 4 monthly payments. This helps the dealerships maintain eligibility to the “points” they receive on the backend of finance deals.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Placed deposit on 7/28 for an incoming allocation with an 8/28 ETA. Arrived in Philly port 8/14. ETA changed to 9/6 now pushed back to 9/13.
How do you use that movement tracker? I have the hmvinv.com and the React VIN update but havent been able to find the thread that shows the actual movement. The OCD in me wants to know that to.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The cargo ship name (abbreviation) is also included on the window sticker. It’s right above the barcode in the bottom right.

It’s not always easy to figure the link between the abbreviation and actual ship name, but you can usually find it after stalking the manifests of the cargo ships. Lol.

@BillyCuth was a master at this!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Your window sticker will be available as soon as status switches to PA
Does PA (port allocated) mean they know which port it’s coming into? Or that it’s docked at the port? Some have mentioned being able to track their cargo ship, so I assumed the window sticker was generated why still at sea.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does PA (port allocated) mean they know which port it’s coming into? Or that it’s docked at the port? Some have mentioned being able to track their cargo ship, so I assumed the window sticker was generated why still at sea.

Thank you! :)
I checked IONIQ and Tuscon forum, members saying that it means docked at port and window sticker is generated when they arrive at port. That aligns with my data analysis, because I checked a lot of AAs, none of them had window sticker, and kept checking on them, and window sticker popped up as soon as status changed to PA

·
Registered
29 Posts
I wanted to share the good news with all my Palisade family.

Put down the deposit on 08/08 and got the call today that the order was picked up by Hyundai. Estimated ETA is 10/07. I was not expecting it to come before December. Beyond excited.

441 - 460 of 492 Posts