Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 17, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- On January 31, Mazda North American Operations will reveal the first-ever 2024 Mazda CX-90. The CX-90 will be offered with a highly anticipated all-new powerful and responsive 3.3L Inline Six e-Skyactiv Turbo engine.

The available 3.3-liter inline six turbo will have the highest horsepower and torque from a mass production gasoline engine developed by Mazda with 340 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque when using the recommended premium fuel. This engine provides CX-90 an engaging driving experience with a rewarding exhaust note, while also featuring a mild-hybrid system for efficiency without compromising on performance.

This inline six turbo is developed specifically for the large platform, Mazda's all-new rear-biased all-wheel drive layout that supports a performance-focused experience. Additionally, Kinematic Posture Control (KPC), first introduced on the MX-5 Miata, is standard on all CX-90 models and will help maintain Mazda's signature driving dynamics to the three-row crossover SUV.

Bring it on Mazda!

· Registered
6 Posts
The outgoing CX-9 looks, from it's on-paper dimensions, like it should be one of the roomiest in the segment, but they gave up so much interior volume to give it rwd proportions that it ends up being closer to a Highlander than something like the Palisade.
With the CX-90 being legit rwd, I have to assume it will be much the same story. Lovely car, but the third row will be emergency use only.
I'm still looking forward to the debut though!

· Registered
2023 Palisade Calligraphy
25 Posts
High HP engine, required premium gas, mild hybrid... does that mean it would add another $20K to $30K to the final price tag? 😅

This similar with Volvo XC90 when I was shopping for a new car, that's why I decided to go with Hyundai

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Double wishbone front suspension, torque-vectoring AWD cornering/handling, mild hybrid, turbo intercooled inline 6 engine with 8 speed gearbox with clutch pack, 340hp, 369 Ib ft torque, all of a sudden I cannot help thinking Mazda is targeting the bad boys: MDX Type-S, BMW X5, Merc GLS 450, Audi Q7 V6 55TFSI engine.

· Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the rave here...The CX-90 is officially released, first driving impressions at the end of March, pricing and fuel economy yet to be released.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts