Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any other dealers one knows of selling at MSRP?

The ones near me are all asking for $5k-$6k markups with one of them, Hyundai of Libertyville, IL even going as far as throwing in non-negotiable packages for $2k-$4k. Palatine Hyundai also not even blinking an eye on the insane markups they have as well.

I don't mind flying out somewhere and drive the car home. Within a 8 hour driving distance of Chicago preferably.
Darcy out of the Joliet area claims they are selling theirs at MSRP with no aftermarket paint or leather protection packages. Every other dealer in the Chicago area I reached out to is $3,000 to $5,000 above MSRP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am calling multiple dealers every day. I can share my findings. So far most are adding on $5000 markup ON TOP of options that come with the car. The options are anywhere from $400-$900 (these are cargo nets, carpeted mats, cargo cover etc) and then the $5000 added on.

The absolute worst offender and a dealership I will never deal with Elgin Hyundai. They have a $5000 markup AND $2000 and $1500 packages tacked on. Also they will waste your time telling you that they will work out pricing with you and need to come in. I went there and it was a pure waste of time. I asked them over the phone before I wanted to go in: Are you selling these at a markup? And are you adding on packages and options? They would not answer that question over the phone and would constantly say come in and we will discuss. The meeting lasted 2 minutes and I left telling them that they are the worst of all dealerships in this market for pricing.
Same experience with Elgin, never going back.

·
Registered
Waiting on a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy (Steel Graphite Exterior & Black Interior)
98 Posts
Based on what I've heard from others on this site I'd call them "ballpark" dates. The estimated delivery date on my car has gone from 08/30 to 09/05 to 09/12 and the Status has stayed at 'PA'. But the dealer site says it's "In Transit" so there does seem to be some sort of disconnect.

Edit:

One thing I did just notice is that when the Status changes to 'IR" on the site that lists ALL the Palisades (veh.hmvinv.com) the vehicle disappears from the site that allows you to look up a specific VIN (hiepcs.com/hyundai).

·
Registered
248 Posts
That's interesting Kevin - good to know. For clarity, IR is in transit by rail. There is also an IT, in transit by truck.

My date moved back again this morning. 8/3 - 8/1 - 8/9 - 8/12 - 8/19 - 8/22. I think they dropped it in the ocean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's interesting Kevin - good to know. For clarity, IR is in transit by rail. There is also an IT, in transit by truck.

My date moved back again this morning. 8/3 - 8/1 - 8/9 - 8/12 - 8/19 - 8/22. I think they dropped it in the ocean.
Mine is still showing 8/2 as of this morning which was moved up from 8/6 about 5 days ago or so. Dealer still claims 8/6. We'll see if I get a call today. Mine is labeled DS. Anybody know what DS stands for?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine is still showing 8/2 as of this morning which was moved up from 8/6 about 5 days ago or so. Dealer still claims 8/6. We'll see if I get a call today. Mine is labeled DS. Anybody know what DS stands for?
Dealer stock. Seems like it might show up today for you, but it also might not. Someone on this forum had theirs change several times between PA and DS and it took a while to show up. In fact, just showed up yesterday.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Darcy out of the Joliet area claims they are selling theirs at MSRP with no aftermarket paint or leather protection packages. Every other dealer in the Chicago area I reached out to is $3,000 to $5,000 above MSRP.
Mine is coming in at Pugi. Initially I had been quoted a small markup. When I called today to confirm ETA, they gave me final pricing, and removed the mark-up (I did not request this). Straight MSRP, tax and fees. No change in ETA. The dealership has been great to work with.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Homer Skelton Hyundai in Olive Branch, MS (near Memphis) is selling for MSRP plus $425 in doc fees plus tax / title / license. No required protection plan purchases included.

Reserved my 2023 Calligraphy yesterday.

I highly recommend reaching out to David Burnside. [email protected] Tell him Allison recommended you reach out.

They are a five hour drive New Orleans, but were the closest to me with no markup. Everyone in Louisiana had a 4-5k markup. Worth it to me to not have the BS of negotiating down the markup. Plus I get to tryout all the safety features on my drive home in early September!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts