21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thx. I'll stick with the more chrome
Interestingly, someone posted pics of a limited at a dealership and it had more black looking trim. The Calligraphy models at the auto show had more of the chrome look. So I’m confused.

The other interesting thing about this is that it has the Calligraphy signature tiny DRL LED in the front bumper, and plastic looking wheel wells.

I almost wonder if this post is from another market - maybe even Korea.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any other dealers one knows of selling at MSRP?

The ones near me are all asking for $5k-$6k markups with one of them, Hyundai of Libertyville, IL even going as far as throwing in non-negotiable packages for $2k-$4k. Palatine Hyundai also not even blinking an eye on the insane markups they have as well.

I don't mind flying out somewhere and drive the car home. Within a 8 hour driving distance of Chicago preferably.

·
Registered
Waiting on a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy (Steel Graphite Exterior & Black Interior)
98 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt but I read a post in Reddit that said there are some South Korean You Tube videos that state that the chrome grill is for Calligraphy only and that all other trims will get the black grill.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Take this with a grain of salt but I read a post in Reddit that said there are some South Korean You Tube videos that state that the chrome grill is for Calligraphy only and that all other trims will get the black grill.
I mean, that's what seems to be happening. But until I see a picture of a Calligraphy in the wild in the USA, I am just not sure.

·
Registered
Waiting on a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy (Steel Graphite Exterior & Black Interior)
98 Posts
Man. I just saw the Window Sticker for our car. They added almost $ 1,000 in ADDED FEATURES. I am not happy but could live with a couple of the Floor Mats and Cargo items. But they also added a First Aid Kit and Roof Rack Cross Rails. I asked our sales person about this and he said these are items added by Hyundai after the vehicle is built or it hits our shores. He says the dealer has no control over them. Seems odd to me but we'll see. Should I ask him for the Order Form?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man. I just saw the Window Sticker for our car. They added almost $ 1,000 in ADDED FEATURES. I am not happy but could live with a couple of the Floor Mats and Cargo items. But they also added a First Aid Kit and Roof Rack Cross Rails. I asked our sales person about this and he said these are items added by Hyundai after the vehicle is built or it hits our shores. He says the dealer has no control over them. Seems odd to me but we'll see. Should I ask him for the Order Form?
Unfortunately, I think he's right.

I ended up canceling my "order" because the Lehigh dealer was blowing smoke up my ... They don't order them. They get allocated them. And those allocations may or may not match what a customer wants - including add ons.

Mine is coming with exactly what yours is. Carpeted mats, first aid kit, cross bars and something else. MSRP $52,710. I am just happy I am not paying their $2,000 market adjustment.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks Billy.

The vehicle is still less than we budgeted for so we'll probably just take possession and either store the rails or try to sell them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am calling multiple dealers every day. I can share my findings. So far most are adding on $5000 markup ON TOP of options that come with the car. The options are anywhere from $400-$900 (these are cargo nets, carpeted mats, cargo cover etc) and then the $5000 added on.

The absolute worst offender and a dealership I will never deal with Elgin Hyundai. They have a $5000 markup AND $2000 and $1500 packages tacked on. Also they will waste your time telling you that they will work out pricing with you and need to come in. I went there and it was a pure waste of time. I asked them over the phone before I wanted to go in: Are you selling these at a markup? And are you adding on packages and options? They would not answer that question over the phone and would constantly say come in and we will discuss. The meeting lasted 2 minutes and I left telling them that they are the worst of all dealerships in this market for pricing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are any dealers taking those yet? My wife and I are in the market for one (Limited or Calligraphy, White outside with the white and blue interior) and wanted to get in early on the list so we can get in on the first shipments. Thank you!
If near nj, ct, ny so book from Hyundai meridian ct thay take order fast delivery with $500 deposit no over charge on msrp my 23 come sep 1st week

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
I had to go with $2500 markup only because I do need a car by mid August and the white exterior/beige interior is no where to be found for less than $5000.I have had luck finding every other color, some at MSRP, but the white/beige combo near impossible. And the ones who had it were charging $5000 minimum. Some were asking for $7500, but $5000 was minimum for that color.

I look at this way, over the course of the 8-9 years I plan to keep it (I have kept every car I have owned for 8 years minimum), that $2500 won't amount to much BUT I know I am not helping dealer practices either as I am being a part of the problem and they know they can charge what they want. But in my case we only have 1 car at home, and I have an order for the Kia Sportage Hybrid SX-Prestige which is nowhere in sight so ended up with the Palisade instead.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
BUT I also look at it this way, I sold my in-need-of-extensive-repairs 2014 Mazda 6 GT for $11,000
  • Needed new windshield (large crack running halfway down the middle)
  • New brakes and rotors
  • Body damage on passenger side with the entire panel below the passenger front and rear door dented and rusted
  • Indentation running down near rear passenger window as my mailbox kind of dug into the metal part next to the window of the car while backing out
  • Front struts mounts and hardware to be fixed/replaced
  • Rear shock absorber to be replaced
So that markup is awash. In the normal economy I wouldn't get more than $4000-$5000 for my car in the state it was in.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Not for me. I won’t pay more than msrp. But to each his or her own.
A man after my own heart. We didn't buy a '22 last year because the dealers were adding a $ 5,000 market adjustment.

Now, with the changes made to the '23 I am very glad we waited. And we put a $500 deposit (non-refundable) on a '23 back in March and will get the vehicle at MSRP.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A man after my own heart. We didn't buy a '22 last year because the dealers were adding a $ 5,000 market adjustment.

Now, with the changes made to the '23 I am very glad we waited. And we put a $500 deposit (non-refundable) on a '23 back in March and will get the vehicle at MSRP.
I mean, I get why they are doing it. They are doing it because people are willing to pay it.

What's scary is, this overpaying on cars is going to lead to a massive bubble in used cars. Repossessions are already starting to creep up, even among well qualified buyers. So the dealers are getting fat while they can. Because a famine is coming.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts