Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered white with blue/grey interior that’s all the details I know so far.
That's the best combo so far imho. That been said, to me personally (and to majority of people nowadays) absence of hybrid powertrain is a dealbreaker. With gas prices in Canada hitting $1.8 per litter and still going up - it's just a criminal offense or a asinine decision from Hyundai not to bring a more frugal powertrain in this face lift. Especially considering next face lift or model won't be until some time, maybe 4-5 years. How can a responsible person buy a expensive car with this trend in gas prices and expect to sleep soundly for next 4-5 years? What was Hyundai thinking?
They have so many options already available like 2.2 diesel, 2.5 turbo, 1.6 turbo with hybrid and they skipped all of them. Didn't even offered anything new either. Yes, things like folding mirrors are nice (especially considering they were available to begin with for Telluride, but Hyundai decided to skip them), but come on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That's the best combo so far imho. That been said, to me personally (and to majority of people nowadays) absence of hybrid powertrain is a dealbreaker. With gas prices in Canada hitting $1.8 per litter and still going up - it's just a criminal offense or a asinine decision from Hyundai not to bring a more frugal powertrain in this face lift. Especially considering next face lift or model won't be until some time, maybe 4-5 years. How can a responsible person buy a expensive car with this trend in gas prices and expect to sleep soundly for next 4-5 years? What was Hyundai thinking?
They have so many options already available like 2.2 diesel, 2.5 turbo, 1.6 turbo with hybrid and they skipped all of them. Didn't even offered anything new either. Yes, things like folding mirrors are nice (especially considering they were available to begin with for Telluride, but Hyundai decided to skip them), but come on.
Agree 100% Hybrid would’ve been awesome.
For us this is wife’s daily 5 min drive to work and kids activities. Overall 12k driving a year, so being electric or hybrid almost evens out considering added extra cost of vehicle.
We don’t keep our cars more than 2-3 years max so it will work out fine in our case.
Hyundai does have a lot of options for EV’s/Hybrid’s, they should’ve definitely offered new options to palisade drivetrain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I work in Vancouver, BC, Canada and our gas prices just hit $2.09 per 1 litter of regular. For US folks 1 Gallon = 3.8 litters. Do the math. It's insane right now for anyone to buy anything non PHEV or at the very least hybrid. Prices are still expected to go even higher. With our traffic I'm getting 17mpg on a good day. I honestly think Hyundai lost the grip with reality by not offering hybrid version. This is my last ICE car - that I know for sure. And I was the one actually who opposed EVs in the past. However, with prices like that I'm forced to change. I don't think paying that much money for transportation is acceptable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I work in Vancouver, BC, Canada and our gas prices just hit $2.09 per 1 litter of regular. For US folks 1 Gallon = 3.8 litters. Do the math. It's insane right now for anyone to buy anything non PHEV or at the very least hybrid. Prices are still expected to go even higher. With our traffic I'm getting 17mpg on a good day. I honestly think Hyundai lost the grip with reality by not offering hybrid version. This is my last ICE car - that I know for sure. And I was the one actually who opposed EVs in the past. However, with prices like that I'm forced to change. I don't think paying that much money for transportation is acceptable.
Completely agree. Unfortunately, there aren't enough battery capacity to meet the demand for PHEV, HEV and fully EV vehicles, so there is going to be sustained supply constraints. Which means prices will remain very high, inventory will be essentially non existent. Speaking of inventory, I noticed that some of the hybrid offerings (for example Hyundai Santa Fe and Tucson) are not offered, as of now, for 2023MY and Hyundai is not taking new orders, Kia just announced availability of 2023 Kia Sportage Hybrid and the PHEV in fall, but I expect demand to be very high and supply very low. To put this in perspective, I hear that the wait time for new orders for 2022 Toyota Sienna (only hybrid is available) is 1.0-1.5 years, that's insane time to wait. For folks that drive a lot, for sure, they gonnna want so form of electrification in their new vehicles. For me (probably in the minority), I drive maybe 6000 - 8000Km per year, for ownership around 5-7 years so I do not care much for electrified car as the current fuel advantage will not be offset by the price premium.

That said, I agree with you Dan. It's insane that Kia/Hyundai is not prioritizing (for 2023MY) some slice of electrification in their bigger SUVs; there's talk of the Kia EV9 late 2023 and perhaps the Hyundai cousin will follow suit shortly, but it's going to be very pricey (rumours of at least $50,000 USD for the base Kia EV9), and out of reach for most folks. I think ICE vehicles will be around for a much longer time (no matter the price of gasoline at the pumps) until the demand-supply and price premium gaps are abridged, charging infrastructure/speed is more robust and widespread and range anxiety issues (for EVs) have been addressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here's a more recent Canadian spec, looks like power folding side mirrors did not make the cut, and rain-sensing wipers remain only in the Calligraphy trim. I am not seeing auto-dimming exterior mirrors either, so wondering if this only for the US spec (which would not make any sense).

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's a more recent Canadian spec, looks like power folding side mirrors did not make the cut, and rain-sensing wipers remain only in the Calligraphy trim. I am not seeing auto-dimming exterior mirrors either, so wondering if this only for the US spec (which would not make any sense).
Yep, no power folding mirrors. I don't see massage seats either or that rumored heated 3rd row seats. No hybrid option as well. Looks like Hyundai decided to put its money in something else and rather updating engine options in its flagship - its just pushing same old 2018 model yet again for next several years to come. Still lots of suckers who will buy it and will create yet another constant thread about his/her 2023 Calligraphy :ROFLMAO:
Meanwhile gas prices continue to rise Hyundai.... I hope you are listening and taking notes that not every one in US/Canada are suckers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
No folding mirrors that sucks For sure. Was looking forward to that.
Yep, no power folding mirrors. I don't see massage seats either or that rumored heated 3rd row seats. No hybrid option as well. Looks like Hyundai decided to put its money in something else and rather updating engine options in its flagship - its just pushing same old 2018 model yet again for next several years to come. Still lots of suckers who will buy it and will create yet another constant thread about his/her 2023 Calligraphy :ROFLMAO:
Meanwhile gas prices continue to rise Hyundai.... I hope you are listening and taking notes that not every one in US/Canada are suckers.
Massage seats are there.

·
Super Moderator
2,399 Posts
Hope I'm wrong but doesn't look like USA will get the HDA II as they now have a chip shortage.
Alot of people will buy the SEL and then complain they didn't get all the features on the Calligraphy.
Appears the standard for the Calligraphy will be FWD and have to pay extra for the HTRAC in 2023 model

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
549 Posts
Hope I'm wrong but doesn't look like USA will get the HDA II as they now have a chip shortage.
Alot of people will buy the SEL and then complain they didn't get all the features on the Calligraphy.
Appears the standard for the Calligraphy will be FWD and have to pay extra for the HTRAC in 2023 model
Always had to pay extra for HTRAC, about $1700.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don’t know history here but would seem strange to ship in Canadian spec and not US. Suppose maybe they have enough for Canadian but not US market?Sensors required for HDA2 were on the 2023 Palisade at NY Auto Show.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It used to be that features available in the US were also there in Canadian spec. Chip shortage has changed everything, rationing has become the order of the day. There are some features in the press release that do not appear in the Hyundai Canada website (heated 3rd row seats, acoustic laminated rear windows, WIFI hotspot, Tow mode, auto-dimm side mirrors, and the Digital Key 2.0). Too early to say until we see the full US spec on Hyundai USA website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The document is dated April 18th. That’s not new information and can still be up to change. But it seems to correlate with the spec on the Hyundai Canada 2023 Palisade reservation page. As for the American version, no information is available yet so HDA II could still be there. I would be very surprise is there is any real difference between the Canadian and American calligraphy trim.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
549 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 2022 calligraphy last week and put deposit down for 2023. Here is the ordering information for Canadian models but this should shed some light on what’s coming in 2023.
Hello, Thanks for this copy of spec, was this applicable to Canadians as well? I am also confused when I placed my order for 2023 Palisade. The dealer in Winnipeg told me that some options from US may not be offered in Canada. They told me to wait and they will send me the 2023 spec later on. Ordering on-line is a little unnerving don't know exactly what your ordering.

Rod

21 - 40 of 47 Posts