·
Registered
23 Calligraphy AWD Moonlight/Beige
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: Jump to post #21 for pictures.
___
___
I spoke with my dealer today, and received probably the best update on my inbound 23 Calligraphy. They put two colors on hold for me, both my first and second choice. I had no idea. My second choice arrives Friday, and the first choice on the 12th. We have first right of refusal.

In order of arrival:
Black/Beige
Moonlight Cloud/Beige

Thoughts? I've seen plenty of black/black, and even a black/beige, but haven't seen new owner posts on the blue/beige roll out yet. Has anyone else? I still wish they would have made the green with a beige interior. That would have been stunning.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty good. I had a dealer tell me yesterday (in a nice way) to go pound sand trying to get the car I want at MSRP, let alone he would hold 2 for me.

My personal preference would be Moonlight Cloud. For some reason, this years colors seem darker. I've only owned 1 black car in my life (out of probably close to 2 dozen) and although I loved it, it was a pain to keep clean. The Moonlight Cloud won't be much better, but it's a nice color, IMHO.
I have navy now. It hasn't been difficult. Rain usually does the trick, LOL. I have had black, and yes - it was a dust bunny. I was hoping for something different this time, but worried that the navy/beige interior would clash with the black a bit. That's where I'm torn and why moonlight cloud was our first choice. Choices :/

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Totally agree. It's great to have a new green color, but from what I've seen, it's not a good color. The burgundy isn't great either. The dark gray is not interesting and you can't get the silver with the beige.

The color options are just not great. I don't know why Hyundai has been so darn conservative with colors when the Kia Telluride has at least a few MUCH better color options. Frustrating for sure. These colors are meant for Buicks, I swear...

Best colors seems to be Black, White and Moonlight Cloud. We also chose the Moonlight Cloud/beige combo and are very much looking forward to it.

I absolutely love the much lighter and brighter interior options. I used to love black leather, but now it just feels like a cave. We also have an Ioniq 5 with the light gray interior, and with the giant glass roof, it is SO bright inside, all the time, which I absolutely love. Same idea here with the beige. Can't go wrong. And yes, we have two young kids who are messy. Not concerned about staining or discoloring at all.
I'm waiting to see them in person still. I've seen the actual black, burgundy, white, and light silver colors in person, but not moonlight cloud. The two on hold in my name and coming in are abyss black and moonlight cloud. First the black (scheduled today hopefully), followed by moonlight cloud on the 12th. We currently have a navy infiniti. I'm fine with the darker colors, personally. It's the interior that I want light.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go with Beige interior blindly. Such amazing spacious feeling and makes you feel like you own a premium car.
We are definitely going with beige interior. We have the option on a black exterior. Or wait a week and go with the moonlight cloud. We've not seen the moonlight cloud, yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We have a 2023 moonlight calligraphy ordered. The local dealership has a moonlight limited on the lot so we decided to stop by and see the color for ourselves. I drove past it twice, thinking it was Black Abyss. 😂

it’s much darker then was expecting and you have to be up close with the sun hitting it right to see the deep blue pearl specks in the paint (imo)

here’s a few photos and if you pay close attention to the black front grille, you can get a sense of how dark the paint is next to it

I will admit the photos actually showcase the blue better than I was expecting
This is beautiful. Moonlight cloud definitely more interest than black, for us at least. We're also stepping over from a slightly lighter navy/beige car, which we like - we just need more room, and liked the added/improved features without losing anything in our current suv (for far less $$ than the new QX60 model, as well).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We are at the dealership now. Just test drive the black/beige. She is beautiful. I think we’re going to wait for the moonlight cali to come in over the weekend though. Waiting for the manager to come back on our trade. 🤞

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For those who dont think the burgundy looks good in person, I respectfully disagree. To each his own I guess.
View attachment 6905
Beautiful choice. We tried to find one in a 22, but it was picked up before we got to it. When we decided to go on the 23 wait, we put in for Green (if it had beige interior), Moonlight/Beige, Black/Beige. At the time, our dealership couldn't guarantee what interior options would be. So we just let them know that Beige interior was the first choice, and to go down the list and call us from there for the first available. We are so fortunate how amazing they have been to work with. We are also getting a good value on our trade. We did opt for the Moonlight Cloud/Beige, btw. It will be here over the weekend.

Fortunately for us, we were able to see someone else's Moonlight/Black today before we test drove the Black/Beige. It was STUNNING. The flecks of blue hitting the sun, it does almost look black otherwise. I loved the effect. I told my husband that it was the best of both worlds. I also saw the burgundy, very striking. It reminds me of Wine, which is always popular in my book, LOL.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congratulations. Whao, that's blue exterior? Looks black.
Lighting definitely makes the blue sparkle, but when the sun goes behind the clouds it's more of a midnight navy. It will surely look black at night. The inside does look more navy on the door walls and steering wheel, but it's hard to get the right light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts