Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Palisade Limited 3rd Row Seat Left Side is stuck in the Fold position. 308 miles on this $55,000 SUV and a power seat won’t function. It seems that Hyundai has a major issue with this since 2020 and its Engineers have not corrected this problem. Some say it is a 20 Fuse. Ughh. So this happens a lot. I wanted to see the large cargo area and then wanted to return the seat upright but the larger 60 split side is stuck in fold mode. Let’s fix this Hyundai. Do your recalls and get it right this time

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
2022 Palisade Limited 3rd Row Seat Left Side is stuck in the Fold position. 308 miles on this $55,000 SUV and a power seat won’t function. It seems that Hyundai has a major issue with this since 2020 and its Engineers have not corrected this problem. Some say it is a 20 Fuse. Ughh. So this happens a lot. I wanted to see the large cargo area and then wanted to return the seat upright but the larger 60 split side is stuck in fold mode. Let’s fix this Hyundai. Do your recalls and get it right this time
Recalls are for safety issues. Take it to your dealer and have it fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
the same thing happened to my 2020 in the first week I bought it. Called my dealership and got an appointment 1 week later. In the meantime, checked the fuse and everything was fine. Just to check, I unplugged the car battery for 5 minutes. Plugged it back and the seat worked again. Canceled my appointment at the dealership, and it’s never happened again in 17 months. Weird hiccups I guess ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So far zero issues with my '22 Limited, just passed 1,000 miles on the odometer. One of my contractors was a Hyundai/Kia Master Technician for 9 years before he came to work for me, so if any of this stuff pops up, I'll be tapping his skills.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
So where did you find that this is a big problem, other than for you?
I see only 6 people who have had this in a low mileage Palisade.
Gee they only sold 175,000 guess that is a big problem.

·
Registered
202 Posts
To the owner, every problem is a big problem. Hehehe.

Anyway, maybe try some of the suggested fix and see if the problem continues. If it does, take it back to the dealer and I'm sure they will fix it. I don't care what car it is, there will always be some units that will have some "issues". As long as it's not a safety thing, then its not too bad and can be fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eddie, I'm having the same issue with my third row left side being stuck in the downward position. I just purchased my '22 Palisade calligraphy about 2 weeks ago and just went to raise it back up and it's stuck. Honestly, this type of thing shouldn't be happening on a brand new vehicle as often as it seems to be. This is not the only thread that talks about this issue, and it seems it happens quite frequently since it was first released. I'll definitely be taking it to a dealership ASAP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took mine back to the dealership. They disconnected my battery. Nothing. Check the fuse and it is fine. Now they will tear the inside wall covering off to check for loose connections. Oh great. Now my interior will get mucked up. Thanks Hyundai. What a joke.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I took mine back to the dealership. They disconnected my battery. Nothing. Check the fuse and it is fine. Now they will tear the inside wall covering off to check for loose connections. Oh great. Now my interior will get mucked up. Thanks Hyundai. What a joke.
Nothing like yelling FIRE in a theater......calm down, it will be fine Karen.

·
Registered
2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD
343 Posts
Why do we have to start with this Karen crap? Can we not have a conversation without someone starting the name calling?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why do we have to start with this Karen crap? Can we not have a conversation without someone starting the name calling?
A little blunt talk is okay in a gripe thread, where the real "conversation" is about reasonable vs. unreasonable responses to a vehicle defect.

The OP came in a little hot, and he got called on it. I'm sure he can handle it.

Suggestion to the OP: Pay it forward, share the solution to your problem as soon as one is found. Good luck.

·
Registered
176 Posts
A little blunt talk is okay in a gripe thread, where the real "conversation" is about reasonable vs. unreasonable responses to a vehicle defect.

The OP came in a little hot, and he got called on it. I'm sure he can handle it.

Suggestion to the OP: Pay it forward, share the solution to your problem as soon as one is found. Good luck.
Thank you....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It’s what you get when others have perfect lives and multiple useless opinions on something they haven’t experienced but are experts at. Haha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts