Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See photo. This morning I had 5 dashboard warning messages, then after driving a mile or so, the power steering assist stopped and the red wheel indicator light came on. The Five warnings were: Blind Spot Warning System; Forward Collision Avoidance; Lane Departure Warning; High Beam Assist; and Driver Attention Warning. Also, speedometer always shows zero and all drive power is at front wheels (no AWD even if center diff lock engaged). The EPB released the parking brake when I pushed the button and that may be when all these lights came on. Now the EPB will not engage. You can see many yellow and red lights on the dash in the photo. I have driven and restarted a few times and no change. Months ago I twice had warnings with my EPB and once with the Power Steering Assist, but each time those went away after restarting the car. I suppose I am thinking a lose power connection or something else that might affect multiple systems. Any other ideas?

Car Vehicle Automotive design Steering part Bugatti

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy AWD
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I checked with my BlueDriver scan tool and picked up 35 codes! Most related to CAN bus errors.

I brought the car to the dealer. It took a day for them to get to it and would have been longer apparently, if I did not buy the car from them.

They claim they reset all the computers that stopped talking (the service rep could not explain how they did that) and now it is fine. They think and I believe I saw that some sort of problem with the EPB that triggered all the other computers to stop talking. In the past, twice I had a flashing light with the EPB but it went away after a normal restart of the car.

I suppose this will happen again and maybe then they can dig a little deeper as to the cause. Anyone else see this failure for the computers to communicate?

· Registered
55 Posts
I have seen this happen on my 2002 Accord, in 2009 it started up with an engine light, car ran fine, had light reset, light came back and later the whole dashboard lit up, car was misfiring, so many codes were found. It turned out to be the main computer not communicating with the other 6. Luckily it was under warranty, or $3000.00 out of my pocket.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks. I checked with my BlueDriver scan tool and picked up 35 codes! Most related to CAN bus errors.

I brought the car to the dealer. It took a day for them to get to it and would have been longer apparently, if I did not buy the car from them.

They claim they reset all the computers that stopped talking (the service rep could not explain how they did that) and now it is fine. They think and I believe I saw that some sort of problem with the EPB that triggered all the other computers to stop talking. In the past, twice I had a flashing light with the EPB but it went away after a normal restart of the car.

I suppose this will happen again and maybe then they can dig a little deeper as to the cause. Anyone else see this failure for the computers to communicate?
Yes 2 weeks ago it happened to me one of me 2020 Palisades, took it to the dealer and they cleared them....had 3 cautions, Cruise control was out, collision system out and another one. Happened 2X. Its been ok now for 2 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts