Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
So just dropped off my 2022 Caligraphy off for the dreaded pull to the right problem. All the assists are off and it has 300 miles on it. Did a 50 mile drive last week and noticed it more and more. Of course today on the way to the dealership it was very slight. After reading this thread I am not confident I am going to have a satisfactory resolution. Heres hoping... should hopefully find out tomorrow.

UPDATE#1. Dealership confirmed pulling. Swapped front tires and did alignment. Told it wasnt pulling anymore. Picked it up and noticed on the way home still pulling slightly to the right and the steering wheel is not centered. If I center the wheel it goes right. Called them and will be bringing back in the AM. This is really not looking good. First I get the lurching.. which thankfully seems to have settled down, and now this. I am not happy to say the least.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dropped into the dealer today and spoke with the service foreman. I asked him to drive it and he confirmed a slight right hand pull.

He suggested to bring it in for another alignment. I listed the flowing to him to suggest that it is not an alignment issue per se.

Already aligned with print out showing all within spec.

When stationary 2 lbs of force to turn wheel right. 4 lbs to turn left.

Slow speed right turn 1.2 lbs of force, 2.2 lbs to turn left.

Steering wheel is out of center by 2-3 degrees to the right, causing a need to exert slight pressure to left to keep tracking straight

Service Forman, advised given that the steering rack is electric, he would put it on the computer to relearn and he can adjust parameters , outside of the standard wheel alignment.

Will report back, dropping it off on Friday, fingers crossed. First step was to have the dealer confirm that there is an issue......

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade SEL AWD conv/prem
13 Posts
Looks like mine will turn to a lemon. Hoping not ! It’s been two weeks since purchase and a week since I left the car with the dealership. They did replace the steering column today and no success. The problem prevails. Hyundai technicians have no clue but are aware of the issue. I have called the customer service and escalated. I will look for a law suit if this not getting proper attention. They put my newborn and mom at risk. Why would they allow the dealer to sell a car knowing it has serious drivability problems ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dropped into the dealer today and spoke with the service foreman. I asked him to drive it and he confirmed a slight right hand pull.

He suggested to bring it in for another alignment. I listed the flowing to him to suggest that it is not an alignment issue per se.

Already aligned with print out showing all within spec.

When stationary 2 lbs of force to turn wheel right. 4 lbs to turn left.

Slow speed right turn 1.2 lbs of force, 2.2 lbs to turn left.

Steering wheel is out of center by 2-3 degrees to the right, causing a need to exert slight pressure to left to keep tracking straight

Service Forman, advised given that the steering rack is electric, he would put it on the computer to relearn and he can adjust parameters , outside of the standard wheel alignment.

Will report back, dropping it off on Friday, fingers crossed. First step was to have the dealer confirm that there is an issue......
Please let us know as there are a bunch of us that are in the same boat!

·
Registered
22 Posts
So, progress albeit not 100% confirmed.

The dealer tried to reset the steering torque t zero though the steering unit would not accept.

Dealer has opened a high tech tickets to confirm which part requires replacement, advised it was either the steering sensor - 1500 or power steering unit 4000, covered under warrenty of course.

Both parts are back ordered, at least Jeremy in Canada , ETA 4-6 weeks.

I am comforted by the fact the dealer recognizes there is an issue, though will reserve my happy dance until the part is installed and the steering issue is rectified.

Hope this information helps others in the same boat, I don't think it's an alignment issue at all, appears a small number of palisades have an issue with either their steering unit or the related sensor.

Will update the group after installation and let you know the results.

Regards
Sean

·
Registered
13 Posts

The dealer tried to reset the steering torque t zero though the steering unit would not accept.

Dealer has opened a high tech tickets to confirm which part requires replacement, advised it was either the steering sensor - 1500 or power steering unit 4000, covered under warrenty of course.

I am comforted by the fact the dealer recognizes there is an issue, though will reserve my happy dance until the part is installed and the steering issue is rectified.

Hope this information helps others in the same boat, I don't think it's an alignment issue at all, appears a small number of palisades have an issue with either their steering unit or the related sensor.

Regards
Sean

·
Registered
24 Posts

Regards
Sean
Thanks for the update Sean. Seems my tech was on the support line with Hyundai and now they are escalating the issue to engineering. I dont believe its an alignment issue but its just not looking to positive for an actual fix. Hopefully I will know more on Monday. I hate to have to do a Lemon Law dispute as I WANT the vehicle. If they cant fix then I will look at perhaps a trade for another vehicle that works. Please keep us updated and I'll do the same. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue (drifts right, steering wheel off center, left turns require too much effort compared to right turns)on a brand new 2022 FWD Calligraphy bought in April. I am glad to see your post as Left turns are wearing me down and I dread driving it for safety concerns. A few weeks ago on my 2nd visit the tech called Hyundai after experiencing it. They said that Hyundai is aware of the issue, but doesn't know the cause or how to fix it and that I should sit tight while I continue to drive an unsafe vehicle! Has anyone else been told this? I plan to call them tomorrow! Please help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the exact same issue (drifts right, steering wheel off center, left turns require too much effort compared to right turns)on a brand new 2022 FWD Calligraphy bought in April. I am glad to see your post as Left turns are wearing me down and I dread driving it for safety concerns. A few weeks ago on my 2nd visit the tech called Hyundai after experiencing it. They said that Hyundai is aware of the issue, but doesn't know the cause or how to fix it and that I should sit tight while I continue to drive an unsafe vehicle! Has anyone else been told this? I plan to call them tomorrow! Please help!
Please complain to NHTSA Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA
as your first course of action. The car shouldn’t be on the roads for safety reasons and Hyundai allowing this with such defects should be stopped ASAP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My friend is experiencing the same problem with their new 2022 Palisade, they are working with an attorney on the issue, would anyone be interested in speaking with them as well. If so, let me know what state you live in!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Phil B et. Al, service manager confirmed that after opening a high tech ticket, they have ordered a power steering control module pack, assist motor, column electric. ETA, at least here in Nova Scotia, is around July 8th, and so will report back once it has been installed.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Sean

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Phil B et. Al, service manager confirmed that after opening a high tech ticket, they have ordered a power steering control module pack, assist motor, column electric. ETA, at least here in Nova Scotia, is around July 8th, and so will report back once it has been installed.

Sean
I thought all these come under one unit ? Am I wrong 😑

·
Registered
24 Posts

Sean
Thank you for the update Sean. My dealer tech has escalated my issue to Hyundai engineering as everything they did with the Hyundai tech line did not work. It was the the tech at Hyundai that suggested to go to engineering. I am not sure exactly what they did try and now my advisor is on vacation. This really has been a complete headache as I dont have a loaner and Hyundai will only pay $50 a day for a rental, which you cant get anything for that in NJ.

I spoke with a case manager at Hyundai and they are gathering information, and I also spoke to my State Consumer Affairs dept. I cant believe from what seemed like a simple alignment has turned into this nightmare. Havent even made my first payment yet! I hope you get it sorted out and rectified, as that would give the rest of us some hope. Again,
thank for the update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for the update Sean. My dealer tech has escalated my issue to Hyundai engineering as everything they did with the Hyundai tech line did not work. It was the the tech at Hyundai that suggested to go to engineering. I am not sure exactly what they did try and now my advisor is on vacation. This really has been a complete headache as I dont have a loaner and Hyundai will only pay $50 a day for a rental, which you cant get anything for that in NJ.

I spoke with a case manager at Hyundai and they are gathering information, and I also spoke to my State Consumer Affairs dept. I cant believe from what seemed like a simple alignment has turned into this nightmare. Havent even made my first payment yet! I hope you get it sorted out and rectified, as that would give the rest of us some hope. Again,
thank for the update.
Same for me here. Not even made my first payment. Ridiculous !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Calligraphy on the week of June 27th and noticed the pulling to the right on the drive home. Car went right back to service and still has under 100 miles on it. Wishing I now returned the car within the 3 day window!

Car is still in service and a higher level tech is supposed to be applying a software update on July 6. I hoping they don’t need to order a whole new steering module or that will take another few weeks.

The dealership has this as known issue and of course they are not checking the brand new cars coming in for the issue!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 2022 Calligraphy on the week of June 27th and noticed the pulling to the right on the drive home. Car went right back to service and still has under 100 miles on it. Wishing I now returned the car within the 3 day window!

Car is still in service and a higher level tech is supposed to be applying a software update on July 6. I hoping they don’t need to order a whole new steering module or that will take another few weeks.

The dealership has this as known issue and of course they are not checking the brand new cars coming in for the issue!
Yes, it’s a problem with the angle/torque sensor on the steering unit which needs to be updated to correct values. Mine was fixed by a hyundai Engineering technician who flew from California to NJ and fixed it. My black beauty is now back with me after 2 weeks.
it’s all perfect now !

·
Registered
24 Posts

They shouldnt need to. The software update seems to take care of it. Please follow up though so we can keep track of the progress with this. Thanks!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts