Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Palisade Essential trim. Typhoon Silver
339 Posts
Turn off Lane Following Assist! Have the exact same problem--drift to the right. Thought it was an alignment problem, but realized no drift at low speeds, only at highway speeds so not alignment or mechanical. Turning off Lane Following Assist (LFA) solved the problem. Will report it to the dealer next time it is in to see if they admit to the problem and/or have a fix. (Lane Keep Assist works well.)
i have noticed that Lane Following Assist only is active while on cruise control. And if the OP favours one side of the lane there could be a tendency to pull away. That LFA is a bit disconcerting and a tad dangerous in my opinion. On a well marked road, on cruise one can quite easily leave the driving to "auto" and read a book.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have noticed that Lane Following Assist only is active while on cruise control. And if the OP favours one side of the lane there could be a tendency to pull away. That LFA is a bit disconcerting and a tad dangerous in my opinion. On a well marked road, on cruise one can quite easily leave the driving to "auto" and read a book.
Yes, I think only during cruise control. I tried letting it "steer" without intervention and it just wanders back and forth between the lane markings like a drunk driver! This looks like the beginning of self driving capabilities, but needs a lot more work...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turn off Lane Following Assist! Have the exact same problem--drift to the right. Thought it was an alignment problem, but realized no drift at low speeds, only at highway speeds so not alignment or mechanical. Turning off Lane Following Assist (LFA) solved the problem. Will report it to the dealer next time it is in to see if they admit to the problem and/or have a fix. (Lane Keep Assist works well.)
I purchased a new 2022 Palisade Limited with the same problem. In fact, I test drove a Calligraphy at the dealer which also has the issue. I brought it in for service and was told it is an issue with the steering sensor. Hyundai Motors America is aware of the issue but has no fix. I contacted Hyundai America who is blowing me off. A possible fix, which the dealer is performing now, is to unplug the battery for 24 hours which resets the car. The service tech then recalibrates the steering from scratch. Hopefully this works. I tried a re-alignment, but the steering is off so it does not make a difference. Lane assist on/off does not make a difference. Will report back soon...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a new 2022 Palisade Limited with the same problem. In fact, I test drove a Calligraphy at the dealer which also has the issue. I brought it in for service and was told it is an issue with the steering sensor. Hyundai Motors America is aware of the issue but has no fix. I contacted Hyundai America who is blowing me off. A possible fix, which the dealer is performing now, is to unplug the battery for 24 hours which resets the car. The service tech then recalibrates the steering from scratch. Hopefully this works. I tried a re-alignment, but the steering is off so it does not make a difference. Lane assist on/off does not make a difference. Will report back soon...
So, the dealer fix did not work. Left four voice mails for my case manager at Hyndai America, have not heard back. The dealer won’t do anything either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just to be clear--there are two Lane Assist: Lane Following Assist (LFA) and Lane Keep Assist (LKA). When you say "Lane assist on/off does not make a difference", was it LFA or LKA? Turning off LFA solved the problem for me. Just double checking... ☺

·
Administrator
2,478 Posts
If it does it when the cruse control is on then it may be you are driving closer to the left line than the system wants you to.
it tries to pull you to the right. Took me awhile to learn not to fight the auto steering and let it do it's thing.
Granted there may be some that are messed up. Once I got used to the way it works I really like it.
Only system I found that works better is Tesla and that has big problems if you fight it.
Just turn it all off or use the regular cruse control feature instead of the auto adjusting cruse control

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade SEL AWD conv/prem
13 Posts
I purchased the 2022 Palisade SEL AWD with convenience/Premium package last week in NJ. I also have the same issue and it’s driving me nuts. I am suffered pain on my right arm initially and now on the left since I swapped the position to handle the turns. Disabling LFA or LKA doesn’t work. By default I saw these were turned off when I took delivery of the car. Checked the tire pressure all looks good. Opened the hood and saw the battery terminal covers open. May be they reset the settings before they delivered ? And Enabling LFA and highway drive assist screwed the sensor ? God knows. I haven’t seen any vehicle with incorrect wheel alignment showing these one side hard steering symptoms. It should be a sensor or power steering unit defect which Hyundai is trying to hide to its customers ? For which we pay markup fee. Is there a way to return the car and get the money back ?Its happening in America.
I have an appointment tomorrow. Let’s see what the service center folks do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased the 2022 Palisade SEL AWD with convenience/Premium package last week in NJ. I also have the same issue and it’s driving me nuts. I am suffered pain on my right arm initially and now on the left since I swapped the position to handle the turns. Disabling LFA or LKA doesn’t work. By default I saw these were turned off when I took delivery of the car. Checked the tire pressure all looks good. Opened the hood and saw the battery terminal covers open. May be they reset the settings before they delivered ? And Enabling LFA and highway drive assist screwed the sensor ? God knows. I haven’t seen any vehicle with incorrect wheel alignment showing these one side hard steering symptoms. It should be a sensor or power steering unit defect which Hyundai is trying to hide to its customers ? For which we pay markup fee. Is there a way to return the car and get the money back ?Its happening in America.
I have an appointment tomorrow. Let’s see what the service center folks do.
Does it pull at all speeds or just at highway speeds? With or without cruise control on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does it pull at all speeds or just at highway speeds? With or without cruise control on?
The pull to the right is more evident on highway speeds above 40~45 mph. The steering toughness is hard towards the left and very fluid to the right at minimal speeds. However this gets even harder at high speeds. The same goes for the play on the steering when stationary and ignition on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The pull to the right is more evident on highway speeds above 40~45 mph. The steering toughness is hard towards the left and very fluid to the right at minimal speeds. However this gets even harder at high speeds. The same goes for the play on the steering when stationary and ignition on.
That's what I suspected as the various "automation assits" kick in at those speeds, IIRC. That's exactly what I found and disabling the assist solved it for me. But it sounds like it still might be a problem at lower speed for you--the toughness to the left and fluid to the right is exactly what I had only at highway speeds with the assist on and with cruise control. (I usually don't use cruise control at lower speeds, so don't know if it happened then or not.)

Is the problem only evident with cruise control on or not?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The p
That's what I suspected as the various "automation assits" kick in at those speeds, IIRC. That's exactly what I found and disabling the assist solved it for me. But it sounds like it still might be a problem at lower speed for you--the toughness to the left and fluid to the right is exactly what I had only at highway speeds with the assist on and with cruise control. (I usually don't use cruise control at lower speeds, so don't know if it happened then or not.)

Is the problem only evident with cruise control on or not?
The problem is all time regardless of Cruise, LKA, LFA. I am right now waiting at one of the Hyundai Service CENTER (not where I purchased the vehicle). They are looking in to it. Asked to speak to the technician. The dealership where I purchased is an hour drive from my house. I don’t want to take it that long and further bruise my arms. But I kept them informed and they wanted to see the vehicle. Already spent sleepless nights bothering about this.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update 1: Yesterday, the service folks in the other dealership test driven the vehicle (3miles) and was so dishonest by saying everything is perfect. My appointment was at 01:45, left the vehicle and was asked to wait in the lounge. Insisted to speak to the technician but was not given a chance. I was informed if needed they will reach out to me. Around 03:00 I walked to the service reception area to see my keys and paper work on the table with the observation - “ No abnormalities found” . Finally spoke to the technician and took him for a test drive. He drove the vehicle with single hand and was saying all good ! Talked to the service manager and took him for a test drive and he too was not honest in accepting there is a problem. I had such a bad experience. He offered me a wheel alignment the next day. I could say these guys are aware of the problem and simply hiding it for the fact that I didn’t buy the car from them. I don’t know if I can disclose the dealership name here. This business model is definitely going to fail for HYUNDAI !

Update 2: Today, I went to the dealership where I purchased the car, the service advisor assigned a technician. The technician pulled the car out of the garage for a test drive. I asked him if he noticed the steering problem and he said yes before even I sat on the car. There you go! we did the 4 wheel alignment on a hunter hawkeye machine. The rear left tire had a slight toe misalignment. He said this shouldn’t be the cause but anyways corrected it. Still the hard left steering didn’t go away. He put the car on the ramp and checked.
finally I got to know it was the power steering pump that has failed and there is a TSB from Hyundai for it. Part was not available and they said it is going to take atleast a month. I was given a loaner Palisade. $50k car is going to sit in the garage for 1 month within a week of purchase.

Hyundai is no more reliable given the fact they know the problem and didn’t issue a recall yet for 2022 palisade. Hyundai Motor USA customer care is another piece of junk. I did raise a complaint a week ago and didn’t hear anything from them yet.
They are putting people’s life at risk.
I should have gone for a Toyota Highlander instead.
I think I did a mistake transitioning from Honda/Toyota to Hyundai !!

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Palisade SEL
240 Posts
Your lucky you got a loaner... and a Palisade at that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So today I purchased a fish scale to measure the effort to turn the steering right as opposed to left. It appeared to me that, as some others had voiced, it was taking more effort to turn left than right.

RIGHT 2.45 lbs, LEFT 4.4 lbs, at rest, level parking lot, turning to the 3 and 9 o’clock position.

ill be bringing to the dealer, though have to say, if they can’t fix it, I am going to have to sell it, which is disappointing as I love everything about the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So today I purchased a fish scale to measure the effort to turn the steering right as opposed to left. It appeared to me that, as some others had voiced, it was taking more effort to turn left than right.

RIGHT 2.45 lbs, LEFT 4.4 lbs, at rest, level parking lot, turning to the 3 and 9 o’clock position.

ill be bringing to the dealer, though have to say, if they can’t fix it, I am going to have to sell it, which is disappointing as I love everything about the vehicle.
for what it’s with I have the same issues on my 2022 palisade and it was evident as soon as I bought the vehicle - 10 miles on it at purchase .
After 2 alignments and no progress they are saying a “software patch” is going to be done as they think the problem is related to the lane assist - even though it pulls when it’s turned off - we will see

·
Registered
13 Posts
for what it’s with I have the same issues on my 2022 palisade and it was evident as soon as I bought the vehicle - 10 miles on it at purchase .
After 2 alignments and no progress they are saying a “software patch” is going to be done as they think the problem is related to the lane assist - even though it pulls when it’s turned off - we will see
Did you check the steering play when ignition on and in park mode ? Do you fee stiffness to the left compared to the right ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm heading in this week to have the service Forman review, thye have suggested that it may be a radial pull, which we know it isn't.

One question,

Does it feel like you have to exert more pressure to make left hand turns rather thank right hand turns ?

I'll let the group know my results, though wondering why if software, why more folks aren't complaining of the issue..

Thanks for contributing , it's easy for some , not all, dealers to dismiss the problem. With more folks complaining of the same issue, it makes it more difficult to dismiss.

Sean
I

21 - 40 of 57 Posts