Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my SEL AWD about a month ago, and from the get-go, I noticed car has a slight drift to right. I’m noticing it more as I’m putting more miles. Steering wheel “center” is slightly to right, takes no effort to steer right, but heavy to turn left. Decided to get it checked at dealership, 3 services/wheel alignments and wheel swap later, pull is so bad my left shoulder is hurting as I’m in constant steer mode in order to keep the car straight, and the extra effort it requires for left/u-turns. Yes, assist features are turned off, and change in drive mode doesn’t help either. It’s too early to assess the impact on tires.

An engineer from Hyundai was alerted to evaluate my car, and I’m supposed to take the car back when he’s available to come down to dealership. I’m dreading driving this car because of such unpleasant driving experience.

I saw couple of previous posts about similar issue, and some owners on Facebook group voicing similar concerns, but is this still prevalent on newer units? What’s causing the problem? Surely it’s not alignment, is it something to do with shocks, control arms, steering wheel component? What is it?? It’s leaving a terrible feeling in my gut about my brand new car.

I really want to get it checked outside, but I want to be patient and see if it turns into much worse situation than simple adjustment/replacement, for which Hyundai takes responsibility. Regardless, I filed a complaint with Texas DMV, will probably hear from them sometime next week. Wish me luck, and of course any advise or suggestions are welcome.

·
Administrator
2,479 Posts
Could be the power steering box itself.
I'm sure Hyundai will figure it out for you
Surprised the tech at dealership couldn't figure it out.
Several people have had the steering unit replaced
only heard it from about 3-4 people where it was the steering
unit itself. mostly it has been alignment or tires

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good Day, I also have the issue. Just bought the 22 Caligraphy last week. I originally thought it I might be imagining, so was glad to see your post, Though a little discouraged to see the dealer couldn’t fix the issue.

Ill be taking mine in and report back, if anyone confirms what the issue is , would appreciate them posts the issue.

Thanks
Sean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Service at dealership is straight up refusing to acknowledge the issue. At least the advisor. One of the technicians then agreed saying there’s a drift. He then escalated the issue so an engineer can examine it. Currently waiting on that to happen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
search up a prior thread on this where I posted what I needed to do to correct my drift. in short, don't trust a dealership to fix an alignment issue.
I have read all your posts! I’m this close to getting fixed at a non-dealership mechanic. How does your car drive now? Any recurring problem? Tire wear is even or uneven?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't have anything to add to your issue, but just wanted to note that my '22 AWD SEL had a bad rear alignment when it was brand new and the dealership was dismissive of the issue since it was discovered by another garage (my tire place). They eventually fixed it after doing their own alignment.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Palisade Limited
9 Posts
What do you mean by steering unit? Everything is electronic for steering. Correct?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Day, I also have the issue. Just bought the 22 Caligraphy last week. I originally thought it I might be imagining, so was glad to see your post, Though a little discouraged to see the dealer couldn’t fix the issue.

Ill be taking mine in and report back, if anyone confirms what the issue is , would appreciate them posts the issue.

Thanks
Sean
I took it to another dealer and they did another alignment. It’s definitely better than before. And the foreman said all other components look fine. So I’m hoping it’s nothing major. But yeah, drive feels better for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't have anything to add to your issue, but just wanted to note that my '22 AWD SEL had a bad rear alignment when it was brand new and the dealership was dismissive of the issue since it was discovered by another garage (my tire place). They eventually fixed it after doing their own alignment.
Did Hyundai reimburse you for the alignment at a non-Hyundai mechanic?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Service at dealership is straight up refusing to acknowledge the issue. At least the advisor. One of the technicians then agreed saying there’s a drift. He then escalated the issue so an engineer can examine it. Currently waiting on that to happen.
Of course the dealership doesn't take responsibility. It appears Hyundai dealerships don't want to repair our cars under warranty. If it a difficult issue they make it difficult for you to get it in for service! I so disappointed with my dealership.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a 22 Palisade yesterday. Drove it home and noticed it pulling to the right. Drove it again today and still pulling to the right. Seems to be worse when going 30-60 mph. Also more difficult to turn left. It’s not hard to turn, but it takes more effort and is definitely noticeable. Turning right very easy. Googled this issue and found this page right away. Sitting at the dealer now, we’ll see what they say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a 22 Palisade yesterday. Drove it home and noticed it pulling to the right. Drove it again today and still pulling to the right. Seems to be worse when going 30-60 mph. Also more difficult to turn left. It’s not hard to turn, but it takes more effort and is definitely noticeable. Turning right very easy. Googled this issue and found this page right away. Sitting at the dealer now, we’ll see what they say.
What happened? Did the alignment fix it? Does it pull in all drive modes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What configuration do you have? unfortunately it appears to be somewhat consistent across
it’s better, but still noticeable at times. Technician is attributing it to torque steer. Nevertheless, drive is much better, and actually enjoyable

·
Registered
9 Posts
What configuration do you have? unfortunately it appears to be somewhat consistent across

it’s better, but still noticeable at times. Technician is attributing it to torque steer. Nevertheless, drive is much better, and actually enjoyable
Im glad it’s resolved. Torque steer is not common in AWD vehicles. You could get the tires replaced under warranty if the pull comes back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery of 2022 Palisade Calligraphy AWD on 04/30 - Barely drove it for the next 8 days (240 miles), took it for 30 min drive yesterday and noticed slight pull to the right and additional effort to turn the steering left. Took it to the service center today and had the alignment checked. The technician drove the vehicle and arrived at the same conclusion that the alignment seemed to be slightly off. Service Technician said the issue could NOT be alignment and maybe some factory installed component might be faulty. Told me they will have the alignment checked and if it looks alright, have the car taken apart to check on the setup of the axles and wheels. Car got back from alignment and the report showed both left/right front and back wheel alignment was off by a degree or so. Alignment is corrected now and took it for a test drive. Car ride definitely feels better but need to drive more to get an idea if the issue is fixed. As long as the warranty is covered, issues like this can be taken care of. Still unfortunate that a brand new car had to go back to the shop within the first 10 days.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Turn off Lane Following Assist! Have the exact same problem--drift to the right. Thought it was an alignment problem, but realized no drift at low speeds, only at highway speeds so not alignment or mechanical. Turning off Lane Following Assist (LFA) solved the problem. Will report it to the dealer next time it is in to see if they admit to the problem and/or have a fix. (Lane Keep Assist works well.)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts