Hyundai Palisade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CarPlay just wont work, it doesn't recognize any iphone and vice/versa. I've tried every trick in the book.
  • latest iOS for my iPhone 12 pro max.
  • Siri is enabled
  • Carplay is not restricted via screen time
  • Apple USB to lightening cable
  • 2021 SEL Premium w/ 10in display
When I connect it to the USB, I get nothing. No prompt from the car and nothing from the phone. It's as if the USB port is dead. I took the same setup to my wife's Chevy Blazer, and carplay opens up immediately once connected. I've tried resetting the NAV using the tiny button to the right of the tune knob. I've restarted my phone and car. Am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance!
Bob

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
233 Posts
CarPlay just wont work, it doesn't recognize any iphone and vice/versa. I've tried every trick in the book.
  • latest iOS for my iPhone 12 pro max.
  • Siri is enabled
  • Carplay is not restricted via screen time
  • Apple USB to lightening cable
  • 2021 SEL Premium w/ 10in display
When I connect it to the USB, I get nothing. No prompt from the car and nothing from the phone. It's as if the USB port is dead. I took the same setup to my wife's Chevy Blazer, and carplay opens up immediately once connected. I've tried resetting the NAV using the tiny button to the right of the tune knob. I've restarted my phone and car. Am I missing something else?

Thanks in advance!
Bob
Assuming that you’re connecting it to the correct USB port (the one by the wireless phone charger by the cupholders), do any other devices work using this USB port? Does the phone (or any other device) even charge when connected?

If nothing else connects or charges, you may have a USB port problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming that you’re connecting it to the correct USB port (the one by the wireless phone charger by the cupholders), do any other devices work using this USB port? Does the phone (or any other device) even charge when connected?

If nothing else connects or charges, you may have a USB port problem.
Yup I am using that port. I've tried other iPhones as well with no success. The phones do not charge when connected to that port. The other USB charging ports do work.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
233 Posts
Yup I am using that port. I've tried other iPhones as well with no success. The phones do not charge when connected to that port. The other USB charging ports do work.
Only other guess is, do you have CarPlay enabled on your Palisade? Setup > device connections > CarPlay. Make sure the box is checked to enable it. If it is, then you’re likely looking at a bad USB port.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
233 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts