Hyundai Palisade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All! Taking my 2021 palisade calligraphy delivery tomorrow and I stumbled across the windshield cracking issue today :(
Anyone know if this is still an issue with 2021 palisades? If it is, is there anyway I can prevent it from happening?
Also, heard some people complaining about wind noise. Any chance that’s fixed too?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
just drove mine from Charleston WV to Pittsburgh. had less noise then my Acadia Denali had. as far as the windshield I got the extra glass coverage. no need to worry about it for 100000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Silver Lagoon with bench seat
161 Posts
We upgraded our car insurance to include glass coverage (our rates barely changed). We have a little over 3000 miles on our 2021 with no issues but we did know it could be a problem when we bought the car, hence buying the added insurance.

·
Super Moderator
1,589 Posts
glass companies around here are doing a booming business.
So don't think it is just the PALISADE GLASS

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey All! Taking my 2021 palisade calligraphy delivery tomorrow and I stumbled across the windshield cracking issue today :(
Anyone know if this is still an issue with 2021 palisades? If it is, is there anyway I can prevent it from happening?
Also, heard some people complaining about wind noise. Any chance that’s fixed too?
Thanks in advance!
We just picked up 21 Palisade AWD Limited Black on Black today. My wife drove off the lot and noticed something on the windshield and it was moving and she thought it may be something associated with the Heads Up Display, so she kept driving. 5 min. later she realized it was a crack that was continuing to grow. She returned the Palisade to the dealer and they called local windshield company they work with. The windshield repair rep. called me and reported the issue was a Hyundai mfg. issue and a corner clip was installed incorrectly and there was a tiny crack on the bottom left corner of windshield. Dealership order new windshield and should be installed on Wed. 1/6/21. Bummer this happened but glad it did not happen some time in the future as the dealership likely would have said it was our issue.

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
284 Posts
While all windshields may crack there's something with the Palisade that makes it more likely. Have no idea if it's the glass itself or the body structure causing extra stress.

Don't bother preventing it. There are products like ExoShield. It's about $600 to install and I tried. I went to a very reputable shop that specializes mostly in exotics and installed it on many expensive cars...
During the install when they were nearly done the windshield just cracked at the lower left corner below the hood. It actually shattered. There was no impact. Putting on ExoShield is similar to tinting windows. Definitely not normal and the shop paid for replacement no questions asked. I opted for Fuyao windshield instead of Saint Gobain (OEM for Palisade) and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
60 Posts
While all windshields may crack there's something with the Palisade that makes it more likely. Have no idea if it's the glass itself or the body structure causing extra stress.

Don't bother preventing it. There are products like ExoShield. It's about $600 to install and I tried. I went to a very reputable shop that specializes mostly in exotics and installed it on many expensive cars...
During the install when they were nearly done the windshield just cracked at the lower left corner below the hood. It actually shattered. There was no impact. Putting on ExoShield is similar to tinting windows. Definitely not normal and the shop paid for replacement no questions asked. I opted for Fuyao windshield instead of Saint Gobain (OEM for Palisade) and haven't had any issues.
I had no idea there were options when it came to the windshield replacements. I know you said that the company paid for the replacement, but any idea on how much it would have been out of pocket for a non-OEM windshield?

Did any of the sensors or cameras need to be replaced as well?

·
Registered
2020 Palisade Limited
284 Posts
I had no idea there were options when it came to the windshield replacements. I know you said that the company paid for the replacement, but any idea on how much it would have been out of pocket for a non-OEM windshield?

Did any of the sensors or cameras need to be replaced as well?
At Safelite, the Fuyao windshield + labor was $630
They also did the calibration which was $300

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks in advance!
Today, it happens to me.:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts